• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:49 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

truncated error when importing back into cdmage

Started by makennedy, July 29, 2012, 08:42:15 pm

makennedy

ok, formation spriting=easy...but the battle sprites are killing me here. i can get the sprite to appear and walk but attacks are partial images and the portraits aren't there. when i imported the file back into cdmage it gave me the "file is longer, will be truncated msg and i clicked yes. so the file apparently is too large yet i followed the tutorial to the "T" (what little info there was to go off of) i exported from cdmage-open shishi-"open"=>extracted sprite-"import"=>wanted sprite-"save as"=>overwrite extracted sprite-cdmage=>import file(this is where it errors). any insight would be pretty spectacular. i'll attach the image of the imported sprite making me look dumb

DarkShade

I suggest using ShiShi to add sprites to game. If you are using it which format did you setup for him, if your using Type 2 he is a Type 1 sprite. If your still having problems personal message me.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

makennedy

so for anyone who looks at this post for answers this is the solution: get the newest shishi from the patch download on this site (i had the old version) then when you enter the new shishi: iso=>psx=>import=>select your iso=>select sprite you wish the alter=>import new sprite=>iso=>psx=>patch=>click correct boxes/select iso file=>ok. following these steps it will now be imported as a battle sprite and should work with no issues.

Durbs

You used CDMage to import them? I didn't even know you could. I learn something new every day. :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX