• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:53:31 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

cqcsnake

Just wanted to say you and your team's work is amazing. I had a blast playing it. I can't wait for the Chapter 1 update and Chapter 2. Good luck and thank you!!!

Akzeriuth

I've been talking about Zelda with my girlfriend recently, and everytime we do, this awesome game goes in my mind xD. She's a great fan of Zelda games, so i can't wait to replay the chapter 1 and the next chapters with her aswell :p. Also..
That romance between Link and Zelda. I'm satisfied so far. Keep it going guys, deepen it with more scenes  ;). That's what we always knew anyway, they luff each other :3

I really hope your spriter get back soon. I'm so excited about this game. Best of luck to you all ,and enjoy the holidays :)

Plan C

Watched DaTruth's lets play of this game, and I have to say it looks great. Looking forward to new chapters and updates. One question though, are there currently any plans to release an Android version for smartphones? I only ask because I travel a lot and it would be nice to have something like this to play while on the road.

Angel

When it is released, it will run flawlessly on console, which means it should run flawlessly on any emulator worth its salt, which means it should run on Android with an appropriate emulator.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

It actually already currently runs on both FPse and ePSXe for Android.

Angel

But also isn't released yet 8D (Chapter 2, that is)

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

3lric

Oh sorry, I was referring to the current version of Ch1 that we have out :P

Plan C

Good to hear, I have ePSXe. Could use a step by step setup process or a link to instructions on this forum if anyone is kind enough to assist me with this. Ill admit i'm not the greatest on installing mods to work with certain emulators, just familiar with the basics. Regardless, thanks for answering so quickly.

Angel

The patch is in .ppf format, which is handled nicely by PPF-O-Matic, a very straightforward and easy to use bit of software. Choose the ISO/BIN image you want to patch, choose the patch file (.ppf) you want to use, and you're done. I recommend making a backup of your clean FFT image first, though.

Plan C

2 questions before i attempt this

1. Does the .ppf download, PPF-O-Matic, etc all work correctly on phones?

and

2. Do I need an original FFT copy, or will a WOTL copy work? Im assuming original but thought i would ask.

3lric

Must be original, WotL won't work.

I have never tested ppf o matic on phone, but if there is a version for android then I don't see why it wouldn't be the same.

I must stress the part about the 100% clean ISO/BIN/Whatever. Make sure it has never been touched by another mod or PPF-O-Matic before.

Plan C

ok, thanks Toshiko/Elric. Couldn't find a ppf o matic for Android btw, only Apple. ROM Patcher seemed to be similar for Android tho, for an FYI, it handles .ppf extensions as well.

Thanks for the assistance. Looking forward to playing your game.

Akzeriuth

How is going with chapter 2? I see from Elric avatar that Jeff is done  :)

3lric

Haha indeedi, the Portrait is done. Sprite is just about there as well. I'll have some updated videos up soon. I expect bugtesting to take place in the next month or two.

Akzeriuth

Good job. It's nice to hear good news  :D you guys are doing an excellent work with this project.

coryjay2144

Just wanted to say that this project has made me super super happy. A friend pointed this site out to me and the first thing I downloaded was this patch, out of interest, and I can say that was no mistake! After not playing FFT for years, this was an amazing blast to the past, and it brought with it some fanboy characters that make the game that much more special.

Just wanted to give the praise and let you know to keep up the great work! Can't wait for Chapter 2 and more of the story!

MatheusNL

Quote from: Elric on January 12, 2015, 02:13:24 pm
Haha indeedi, the Portrait is done. Sprite is just about there as well. I'll have some updated videos up soon. I expect bugtesting to take place in the next month or two.

Very great job man,  I'm so excited about this entire game, good luck and I hope this 2nd chapter release soon! ^^

.o/

Plan C

Any new updates and/or news about Chapter 1's re-release/Chapter 2's release?

3lric

Ganon sprite for Ch1 re-release is almost done, only some attack frames left. (everything else is already done for Ch1 Re-release AFAIK)

Chapter 2 events are close to done, sprites as well, once they are, we will start bugtesting the events and such while the ASMs are finished up.

Plan C