• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:27:58 am

I cant seem to save.

Started by cocoscraps, January 31, 2015, 06:02:40 am

cocoscraps

I've never encountered this before but I do have a memory card in my folder but whenever I need to save the game, for example FFT: Parted Ways, the screen freezes at the "Checking Memory Card".

Help, sorry im so newb at this. :(

Greetings from the Philippines! Great site btw. :D

Angel

Does it keep playing the little 'shirp' sound of it looking for a memory card? This is a common side effect if you're using certain Gameshark codes. If it's completely freezing and doing nothing, then it's not something I've encountered.

What are you playing on, specifically? I'm guessing an emulator of some sort, but the type and version may be good to know. Also any plugins, if used.

Thank you, and welcome to FFHacktics, where all your dreams come true!

:welcome:
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Dakotes5

Ive been having the same problems i edited the sprites and patches my own patch onto the iso but now it wont let me save i need to know how to fix it if anyone can help id aprreciate it.

3lric

... You could start by perhaps answering the questions that Toshiko asked the person above??

Angel

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

cocoscraps

February 07, 2015, 09:39:50 am #5 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:22:10 am by Jumza
Emulator: of course ePSXe
Plugin: Video - Pete's or Pe ops. I have a very average laptop but tactics can work here.

I use gameshark codes but if i want to use it again, is there anyway to fix it? :)

Also, my game im currently playing is FFT+

Great game btw, but I had a few adjustments because I was surprised by the difficulty compared to the original.

Angel

ePSXe is the worst PlayStation emulator you can use, especially for FFT. Anything else from the last ten years is better. pSX (psxfin 1.13), pcsx-r (latest revision), psxjin (different fork of pcsx), even the esoteric Xebra I would recommend over ePSXe.

Also, disable gameshark codes when you're going into the save menu. Works on console, works on emulator. It's also recommended to not save or load data with codes active regardless of the game, as it often screws with save checks and causes your save to be considered corrupt and lost forever.