• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:58:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Apply a custom character's new palette?

Started by Analogman, January 25, 2015, 01:08:27 pm

Analogman

Hello everyone.  I've been messing around with all the modding tools, and I've been able to make all my fantasies of fighting 10+ ultima demons come true.  Any problems I had so far have been solved through a trial-and-error process.  However, one problem has been bugging me which I just can't solve.

I've been practicing giving sprites additional palettes using graphicsGale, and gave Rofel a new palette with a red cloak, which I then imported into ShiShi.  The new palette shows up, yet I can't make it appear in battle.  All the palette options I try in FFTPatcher just give me the same standard blue cloak.  I don't know how special characters work, but if anyone has a fact that will shed some light on this topic or some simple instructions, I'd be very grateful.

3lric

That only works with Generics, not specials. There was a old ASM Hack somewhere on the forum to fix this. I can't remember what it was called though.
  • Modding version: PSX

Analogman

Thanks for the quick reply!  I feared this was the case, so I'll look around on the forum and see if I can find it.

Analogman

January 25, 2015, 03:23:17 pm #3 Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:56:44 pm by Analogman
I found a ASM hack in FFForgASM and it was called "sprite hack(generics, special characters, and generic monsters).  Would this be the answer to my problems?

EDIT: Yeah, Sorry about the excessive posts.  I have not been the best at forum posting.  In Fact, I believe this is the first forum I actually have an account on.  Besides, considering I did this exact thing on Youtube without realizing there was a reply button.... these things really aren't my specialty :-(

P.S. The hack was successful, but I had to use a different sprite hack that didn't affect all the generic monsters.  Going through all the events/battles changing just the special characters' palettes to 0 was excruciating enough.  (Hope Jot5 is going well, Elric!)

3lric

Please edit your post next time.

And yes, I believe that is what you need.
  • Modding version: PSX