• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:43:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Amici's sprites

Started by Amici, October 27, 2010, 10:58:08 am

Amici

That should be easy to fix :D what about the actual hair? Looks decent enough? I'm concerned they look too much like random groups of pixels.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Yeah, it does look like it is a mess of pixels. Here is a small fix for that

Amici

September 05, 2015, 09:45:27 am #162 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:44:59 pm by Amici
Holy crap. I knew I shouldn't have come back here. I finished the Rakunar sprite after hours of tedious work when I'm supposed to be studying argh....I'm wondering if anyone can test it? I did, but I'm concerned I may be losing my mind over the Wizard arms' alignment but they seem to be okay.

I'm having trouble with a portrait, I hope our resident portrait makers can help me with one (Lijj? Twinees? :D), because I just could never ever grasp the concept of it...attached is my very poor attempt based on fan-art I saw before.

I would appreciate it if you guys can test it out :) I don't have a PS1 ISO on hand to test it ingame. I apologize for rambling but I really need to take a nap. This is a Type 2 sprite BTW.

EDIT: Also, I have a question. I am unable to properly test the sprite on my PSP ISO because of the size, it's too big at 45462 bytes, when the usual maximum SPR size is only at 45056 bytes. Is there a way to reduce the sprite size or increase the maximum? It is limiting my options in sprite replacement at the moment :p

Amici

Ok damn, I am way out of my league here...my portrait attempt is a wee bit better but still not up to Hacktics standards. This is as far as I get when it comes to portrait making :(

3lric

Quote from: Amici on September 05, 2015, 09:45:27 am
Holy crap. I knew I shouldn't have come back here.

Or maybe you shouldn't have left ;)

Just like everything, you gotta get back into the swing of things. I'm not really qualified to crit spritework, lest Twin stab me. However, I think the portrait looks really good considering the amount of time you've been inactive :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

The hair looks like it's getting there (still needs work but it's not bad), but you should look at more vanilla portraits for the eyes. This portrait has some very pointy eyes.

Also, welcome back! Stay awhile! (Or forever o.o)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Amici

September 06, 2015, 12:41:11 am #166 Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:07:09 pm by Amici
I was looking through my old files and saw the incomplete sprite sheet. I couldn't resist taking a crack at it again. An hour became a whole day. LOL. Thanks for the feedback :) I couldn't do anymore to the portrait without professional advice. I can't seem to get the shading right.

Rechecking the concept art for Rakunar, I realized late that he actually wears blue gloves :P Thankfully the hands are an easy fix. Which looks better, gloveless or not?

EDIT: Tried to imitate the shading and eyes on some reference portraits. Whaddaya guys think? Better? Worse? Give it up? :P He looks like a girl, can't seem to make him more masculine.

Amici

So guys, I know this isn't exactly a spriting question, but since I worked really hard on this sprite I kinda thought it'd be a waste if I didn't use it :) I came across this concept moveset for Rakunar from the archives:

Ferocity -- Execute Repeating Fists attacks twice in a row, Damage = 0.5*PA*MA x 2 [UE, UC] (Effect Repeating Fists)

Rising Hydragon -- range 3v3, Damage = MA*Y, 50% Double Cast (Effect Hydragon Pit Bio Rising)

Tenbu Horin -- Self-AoE radius-2v2, Fa(MA+150)% Inflict Separately(Sleep, Stop, Don't Act, Slow, Darkness)
Spoiler
"天舞寶輪" meaning "Treasures of Heaven", a Buddhist illusional technique that traps the opponents into a matrix of Illusions, destroying the opponents through five stages. Each stage obliterates one of the opponent's five human senses cumulatively.
6th Sense -- Self, Add Haste and Regen.

7th Sense Beast Within -- When Critical, Self Heal 30% HP and Add Haste, Regen, Protect, Shell.

Equipment: Double Fists, Clothes, Hat, 108 Gems.
Passive Abilities: Safeguard, Hamedo, Double Fists,Walk On Water, Absorb Water

How to I go about starting doing this? I got FFTpatcher, but it seems there is no 'space' to insert a new ability, as in my only choice would be to replace a move. Are there any slots I can use to insert these moves? What I plan to do is to, e.g., copy every aspect of Repeating Fist's damage and animation, then change it up to fit the new move Ferocity above. It sounds logical but I'm getting stuck at where to insert the moves.

EDIT: I'm using FFT: WOTL-KO PSP version BTW

Argy

Amici,

Since the steal/plunder are essentially the same. I would change Balthir to have steal and then change the plunder ones via the resources.zip file. Hope this helps.
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Amici

September 08, 2015, 08:32:01 pm #169 Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:24:52 am by Amici
Quote from: Argy on September 08, 2015, 01:59:27 pm
Amici,

Since the steal/plunder are essentially the same. I would change Balthir to have steal and then change the plunder ones via the resources.zip file. Hope this helps.

Ahh.. that's right. Thanks for the idea Argy, I'll try that out. It's giving me a headache trying to read all the damage formulas though.

EDIT: I tested the sprite out in-game, everything seems to be okay except for the charging attack back frames and the defending back frame, which I fixed, and added some variety on the palettes :) This latest sheet should be submission-quality already (pending comments on the portrait of course, but it looks decent enough I guess). I am tempted to put in shishi sensou's blonde version of his Asura portrait because it's so bad-ass, but I want to make mine unique even if the portrait isn't as good.

I wonder where all our portrait masters at? :)

Amici

Can anyone help me with the portrait? I can't seem to fix the weirdness going on on the back of his head, and he looks a bit feminine. Been playing with the sprite for awhile and testing it, it really is complete unless anyone else has suggestions, but the portrait needs work, and I hope to hear from any of our portrait masters :)

Angel

Quote from: Amici on September 28, 2015, 10:53:50 pm[...]he looks a bit feminine.

That is the entire hairstyle. Updo with bangs? Could not get more feminine if you added a pretty pink bow, especially given the jewel on the forehead. Total honesty from a woman, here. If you want less feminine, you seriously need a whole new hairstyle, or a progressive view on gender roles.

I can't help you in making it less feminine, but to fix the back, look more at the original drawing; less on bottom, more on top.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?