• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Should they have been left mute?

Started by unknownchaser, May 26, 2009, 03:47:45 pm

unknownchaser

May 26, 2009, 03:47:45 pm Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:04:44 pm by unknownchaser
So we all know how WOTL has a bit of voice acting in it, but was that really a good thing?

I've heard from some people who've played the original game that the voices ruined the remake. I can't really agree to that because I've never played the original when I was a kid.

But they're probably overreacting, since everyone else, myself included, loves the voices.

LastingDawn

May 26, 2009, 04:18:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh definitely not! Ramza's voice is incredibly fitting, Delita's is so silky and slimy at the same time. Even Zalmo's voice is incredible! I'd say the voices add so much more to their characters. Not a line is exaggerated or mispoken.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

unknownchaser

May 26, 2009, 07:48:15 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by unknownchaser
Cool, I wasn't the only person who thought Delita sounds like that. Silky and slimy...very nice way to describe it. The voices are some of the best ever.

I especially like how Ramza and Delita's voices sound like exact opposites of each other.

Zodiac_Heretic

May 29, 2009, 01:59:19 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zodiac_Heretic
I think the voices added to the game's value and were on point for the most part (though Delita's was more  suprisingly deep than I had originally imagined). My critizism is actually the opposite...I don't think they had enough CGI scenes and voice acting in it. If anything, they could have just added voices to the non-CGI scenes.

unknownchaser

May 30, 2009, 01:21:55 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by unknownchaser
Yeah, but the scenes with voice acting in it were chosen unanimously by the team at Square-Enix.

DarthPaul

May 30, 2009, 03:07:21 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
The voices gave the game that extra dimension of character development that most mute games lose. I was highly satisfied for the reasons LD mentioned and the fact that it made me play the game in anticipation for the next cell shaded cut scene, just to see how the actors pulled of the emotion of the moment.

Many games could do with remakes that add this level of (for lack of a better word) immersion that makes playing the entire game over again more than worth it.

Some games that could use it:

Every FF game.
Every FE game. Except maybe 4, I wasn't that fond of 4. EDIT: and the GC and Wii games.
........I brainfarted if anyone can expand this list please do so.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die