• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:55:23 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by Elric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

kyozo22

That's sounding great.

I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say that we'll be more than happy to wait! :D
  • Modding version: WotL

Selius

well, it took me forever but i finally figured out a strat to beat chap 1 final boss

talk about sandbagging. that battle was stupid.

i hope it doesn't get any harder than this. can't wait for more though :p

Mudvayne

While I do lurk more than I post, I am very excited about this. Absolutely loved ch.1 and am super excited to see that ch.2 has made such great progress.

Can't wait till it's released!  :mrgreen:

skiploom188

It's been a couple of months already, but I'm still hyped!

I shall wait for the download link to appear soon...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Elric

Xifanie gave me the final ppf for the custom maps, so I can finish the rest of the storyline events now,
as well as some more marks. Should be another progress report soon,  as well as another screenshot
or two.
  • Modding version: PSX

Elric

April 23, 2014, 09:49:17 pm #45 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:55:39 pm by Elric
It's been a looooong time since I've given anyone outside the team anything to look at, and for Chapter 2, I've yet to release
any videos to the public, but since I enjoyed making this mark so much, I thought I would share it with all of you.

There isn't really any spoilers other than the fact that you'll know what one of the marks will be, though, not when or where
it'll unlock.

Enjoy~

EDIT: Yes, there is a typo.  "To bad no one" should be "Too bad no one" (thanks Toshiko)
This has been addressed already in the event.txt however, so it'll be fixed for whenever we
release.

Also apology's for my slow laptop recording speed, which is why the music is sped up in the video among other things.

Durbs

kyozo22

Ok, awesome event, very cool map etc. I have one issue:

It's making me want to play "Vandal Hearts" again. I only just completed it last fucking month. :( Grr... :P

As always, looking forward to further developments. :D

Elric

Well, being that Vandal~Hearts was the inspiration for this map and mark, I would say we did quite well then :P

kyozo22

I knew it, I fucking KNEW it! As soon as I saw those ships I thought "Elric, you beautiful bastard!" :P

Definitely the sign of a good event - wanting to play the original game. :)

Elric

Haha, thank you.

However, there is no custom music in this event, there will be some custom music in Chapter 2 though.
The maps however, are custom.

sasapinjic

Yeah , it remind me to Vandal Hearts to  , looks great BTW   :cool:
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage

Elric

May 02, 2014, 05:23:16 am #52 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:11:45 pm by Elric
EDIT: OP HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH CURRENT PROGRESS

DaTruthDT

The new map looks fantastic. Can't wait!!!!

Elric

Ill be updating at OP again in a few days, as a lot of events have been
completed in the last few days.

DaTruthDT, thank you! I can't wait until we can get this finished so I can
watch your LP!  :mrgreen:

skiploom188

Almost there boys!

Just to let you know Elric, I said to myself that I will only get back to FFT when Jot5 Chapter 2 is out. In other words, if any patch would make my wanna play FFT again, it's this patch.

Keep it up sir :))))
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

MarkHeiral

hey just finished chapter 1 very awesome game got pretty frustrated with it but thats because the battles were tough, so i was wondering how it would pick up in chapter 2 will all my stats move over to chapter two?

Angel

Yes, but... you will need to play through Chapter 1 again when the new version is released.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

May 29, 2014, 02:59:09 pm #58 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:19:19 pm by Elric
Quote from: skiploom188 on May 15, 2014, 10:47:33 pm
Almost there boys!

Just to let you know Elric, I said to myself that I will only get back to FFT when Jot5 Chapter 2 is out. In other words, if any patch would make my wanna play FFT again, it's this patch.

Keep it up sir :))))

I thank you for that, fans have no idea of the awesome feels we get when seeing comments like this. I'm glad you were able to
get so much enjoyment out of our little patch :)  If you liked Chapter 1, you'll LOVE Chapter 2  (at least I sure hope so :P)

Quote from: MarkHeiral on May 29, 2014, 05:03:19 am
hey just finished chapter 1 very awesome game got pretty frustrated with it but that's because the battles were tough, so i was wondering how it would pick up in chapter 2 will all my stats move over to chapter two?

Glad you enjoyed it :) (clarification on question below)

Quote from: Toshiko on May 29, 2014, 06:29:34 am
Yes, but... you will need to play through Chapter 1 again when the new version is released.

I'll go ahead and clarify on this here, since I haven't yet in this thread. (I'll update the OP too)

Some of you may already know this as I've mentioned it in another thread, but originally we setup Marks using Rumors.
However, this never really seemed right because there is no Yes/No option or anything in that. Pride has made a new
ASM for Jot5 to change how Propositions work, which will be the new Marks system.

The downfall is that due to this change, you will be required to play through Chapter 1 again upon the Chapter 2 release.
However to help makeup for this oversight we will be adding several more marks to Chapter 1 (3 I think?) We will also be
changing the JP formula a bit as this has been mentioned many times by fans as something that just made the game a bit
too hard.

We will also be changing the end battle of Chapter 1 and giving it some additional content due to fan request.
See my post here to find out what those changes will be.

EDIT: OP Updated

Selius

I am legitimately happy about having to replay chapter 1. I just wish I knew
if there's gonna be an easier way to learn Night Sword and Dark Sword because jesus christ that took a shitload of save state abuse to accomplish. We aren't meant to learn it there, are we? LOL