• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by Elric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

Zero

Thanks for the awesome game. Looking forward for Chapter 2.

Elric

Thanks guys! Glad you are enjoying it so much!
  • Modding version: PSX

Elric

I just wanted to update here to let everyone know this project is still in good standing.

Since we do and discuss nearly everything in our Team IRC Channel, I often forget to
fill in the rest of the world.

Progress is still being done, Kagebunji finished one of the last EVTCHR sheets we need,
and Kokojo recently finished a new map we are adding to something special for Ch2.

Event wise, there is still a bit to be done, but nothing staggering, and no where near as
much as what is already done. Personally I took a break for a couple weeks from eventing
so that we could produce and release a base mod I wanted to do for a while called
Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War. We are nearly done with this mod at this point, and
once we work out the last few kinks and release it to the public, I'll be back to making
events for Jot5 that same day :)

Thank you all again for your patience. I know stuff like this takes a long time, but some-
times that's the price we have to pay for Quality AND Quantity.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Germ

TigerBlade

I can't tell you how incredibly excited I am for this next Chapter.  Tactics is my #1 all-time favorite game, and this version you have made makes the other "sequels" (FFTA 1-2, really?) pale in comparison... Keep up the good work and please keep us informed!  I check in a lot with great anticipation!

Germ

Do you think chapter 2 will be longer than chapter 1 or do you not know at this point? It seemed to me that the chapters in vanilla varied in length but i was wondering if this would be the case in Jot5 as well. Anyways ,can't wait for more news and I plan to play the Lion War mod to pass the time while waiting for chapter 2!!!

Elric

Chapter 2 has more events, and bonus stuff than Chapter 1 did :P
It should take a bit longer to get thru than Chapter 1 did.

Hope that's the answer you were looking for

Germ

Yea thats sounds good to me.I honestly just can't wait to find out what happens next lol.

Elric

Shit hits the fan, basically. Lol

Thank you for the interest, it helps a lot with motivation
I'll make another update soon.

Jumza

Quote from: Elric on February 05, 2014, 10:31:17 pm
Shit hits the fan, basically. Lol

Despite the fact that fans have not been really used in that period of time in Ivalice except perhaps by engineers like Mustadio, and you never see the characters go to the bathroom (thank god).

Chapter 2 is going to be a lot of fun though, expect to see lots of cool stuff :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Germ

Sounds great guys,I honestly couldn't be any more hyped for the next chapter.

DaTruthDT

I can't wait for the next Chapter to be released. It's gonna be epic!!!

silentkaster

Yeah...loved Ch.1. Can't wait for the next one :)

Good job with this mod!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Selius

are you making changes to chapter 1 that we need to play through it again when chap 2 comes out?

Angel

Chapter 1 will likely only get fixes from this point; script error fixes, sprite touch ups, and whatever random bugs need fixing. There definitely won't be anything to make you need to play through it again, but it will continue to be polished in the future.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Germ

Elric

Still workin on it lol, working on some marks stuff now. Only about 10 story events
and 15 marks left to go.

I also will be doing some touchups to chapter1 but nothin that'll actually require you
to play through Chapter 1 again.

sotoosapi

this game harder than fft zodiac brave :|
i love it very much!!

Elric

STORYLINE EVENTS COMPLETED:     50/74

MARK EVENTS COMPLETED:     4/15

OTHER MISC EVENTS COMPLETED:     0/6

Currently working on getting some of the marks out of the way. A lot of the remaining 24 storyline events
are short enough that I can make several in one day. Those are just waiting on a map hack for a new map
we have for Chapter 2.

I've started scripting the marks and made several of them already. I plan to make another 3 or 4 of them
during the coming week.

The other 6 events aren't very long either and more like what you can see in the Bravestory in Chapter 1.

I'll probably find some sort of interesting screenshot to post sometime soon or something.

As I've been saying for what seems like forever now, we thank you all for your patience!