• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:33:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by Elric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

Elric

August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:25:10 pm by Elric
CHAPTER 2 MARKS SNEAK PEEK EVENT VIDEOS

Posting these in an attempt to drum up some spriting power. I have thousands of fans, so hopefully one
or two of them have some artistic ability and some time to spare.

Thank you for your continued Support. -Elric

Okay so we've been working on Ch.2 long enough, and there seems to be enough people interested in Jot5 that I can give
at least an update on what's going on.

Story Events 65%
Elric (myself) has completed 29 events and is working on 3 more currently.
Jumza has completed 3 intends to finish the 4th that he was previous working on, sometime soon.
Pride completed 1 event, but then I think he died (1 is better than none :P )
Joseph Strife has completed 1 event so far and is working on his second.

All but 3 or so events are now completely scripted and are ready to be made into events.

Marks / Backstory Events / Other Bonus Event Stuff 30%
The Bonus material is currently being scripted. Being as this is "Bonus" material it will not take quite a long to get this taken care of.

Sprites/EVTCHR 75%
Production has begun on all but 1 of the sprites needed for Chapter 2

Gameplay/Attack.out/Spreadsheets and EVERYTHING ELSE 80%
While a good chunk of content intended for Chapter 2 was added to the v1.97 Chapter 1 release, there is plenty more to look forward to in Chapter 2!

In addition to new and returning Special Units, side content, more numerous and variously epic boss battles, there's new and returning monsters
that didn't appear in Chapter 1 will provide new foes and new tools for your Animists, many new custom Reaction, Support, and Movement Abilities
will provide new ways to play the game and new threats to overcome, and more advanced enemies will force you to think on your feet and utilize
terrain to defeat numerous and superior foes, and the slow emergence of more advanced items will begin to allow for a wider and more in-depth
amount of equipment customization than was available in Chapter 1!

Chapter 2 for Jot5 will continue to provide the challenge most people seemed to enjoy in Chapter 1, stepping the game up to match the wider pool
of Jobs and abilities available to the player and providing many unique situations to utilize those abilities in.

And once again, thank you to all the fans out there! You are the reason we have the motivation to take on such a beast of a project,
and you are the reason we put so much time and thought into everything, from events, to battles, to quality.

NEWS:

First off I wanna say sorry everyone, I know I'm freakin horrible about updating as often as I should, it's just one of
those things... Kinda like flossing, you know you should, but goddammit, why? lol. Anyway. I have some things I'd like
to mention and I've also updated the THINGS log down below.

First thing to note is that Durbs has been learning to event for the last few months, and has put out at least 11 events
for Chapter 2 so far. This has been a huge help toward our goal of finishing Chapter 2. Way to chicken-up, Durbs!

Secondly, some of you may already know this as I've mentioned it in another thread, but originally we setup Marks using
Rumors. However, this never really seemed right because there is no Yes/No option or anything in that. Pride has made
a new ASM for Jot5 to change how Propositions work, which will be the new Marks system.

The downfall is that due to this change, you will be required to play through Chapter 1 again upon the Chapter 2 release.
However to help makeup for this oversight we will be adding several more marks to Chapter 1 (3 I think?) We will also be
changing the JP formula a bit as this has been mentioned many times by fans as something that just made the game a bit
too hard.

We will also be changing the end battle of Chapter 1 and giving it some additional content due to fan request.
See my post here to find out what those changes will be.

Lastly, as always, I/we just want to thank all of you out there, not only for your patience, but also for your feedback!
We make this game for people to enjoy, and while it may be impossible to please everyone, we do TRY to give our fans
something close to what they want. I mean if the game isn't enjoyable, then whats the point right?

Lastly...er, Durbs, Raven and myself will be setting some time asside soon  to finalizing the plot of Chapter 3 so that the
scripts can be written and prepared to be made into events. So yeah, there is that too!

THINGS   PROGRESS ON THINGS
Story Events       65/73
Marks        13/17
Misc Events        3/6
Worldmap        100%
EVTCHR        100% (?)
ATTACK       100%
Sprites        8/10
ASMs        3/4
  • Modding version: PSX

DaTruthDT

Excellent.

Looking forward to it already.

kyozo22

August 21, 2013, 01:22:34 am #2 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:09:13 am by kyozo22
 Awesome! Can't wait for this one man. Going to have to get my finger outta my arse and get everyones Animist up to scratch! Just trying to figure how AND, if possible keep my average level at 6/7 before entering that last series of fights for Chapter 1 End. Hrrmmm... :twisted:
  • Modding version: WotL

Elric

kyozo22

XD That's brilliant.

Moar. Give me more... :P

Elric

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

kyozo22

Within the context of FFT? Yeah. IRL? Not so much... :P

Anyway, massacre at Zeltennia, I believe? Looks like Romar and Tesyna's Syndicate are stepping up their plans... Or it's ANOTHER Sephiroth massacre, but that's kinda in danger of being overdone if not managed well (which I'm sure it will be, btw)

Keep up the good work, looking great.

(Im afraid all I can do to help the team is fanboy atm. Hope that's enough.) ;)

Elric

LOL no worries, it's nothing in danger of being overdone.

I figured, since I'm not releasing any Ch2 videos yet, I would just add some random pix from events as I'm working on them.
I think the 2 pictures above where something like 4 or 5 events apart. So, progress!

skiploom188

Great! Can't wait for this, I so wanna use Link's Whirlwind Blade right now (swing! swing! boom boom boom!).

Everything is fresh and new in this patch. From the story, battles, etc. Which is why this patch is epic. Everything is uncertain again! I can no longer anticipate what to equip anymore! Now I will keep seeing the game over screen again and again! Yes...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Elric

Thank you Skiploom, I will update this thread in a few days, a lot has gotten done :P

Elric

Unfinished and completely out of context, but, still awesome.

kyozo22

Aha! Cloaked Stranger revealed!

...Or Jot5's answer to vanilla Orlandu? :P

Elric

kyozo22

Oh, I see. He's the Big Bad Guy that wants the multiverse to himself for powah!? :D

Elric

Quote from: kyozo22 on October 31, 2013, 02:05:22 pm
Oh, I see. He's the Big Bad Guy that wants the multiverse to himself for powah!? :D

Haha not nearly that relevent

Elric

sasapinjic

i cant wait to see this finished , great work there !  :cool:
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage

Elric

Glad you are enjoying it, we will have Ch2 out sometime in first quarter 2014 (Or at least that's my projection)

Vulmen

Sweet. :) Thanks for all the updates. I keep checking back, looking forward to when this comes out. Though, maybe I should replay Ch 1 beforehand for a refresher :cool: