• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Mark Ideas Thread

Started by Elric, May 08, 2013, 02:39:29 am

kyozo22

June 22, 2013, 01:20:48 pm #40 Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:14:10 am by kyozo22
Darlavon's Learning Monkeys

Difficulty: Medium-Hard/ Very Hard

Enemies: Squire x1 Name: Daniel Brave: 90 Faith: 76

(is it possible to make him a Duke but with the squire sprite and renamed to Squire? Would be like the old FFT Squire then without using a slot, I think?)
Skills: Guts if possible, Charge if not
Item
Critical Quick
Sturdy
Move + 2

Wizard x1 - Name: Voice Brave: 90 Faith: 40
Black Magic
Sword Spirit
Arcane Strength
MA Boost
Move-MP Up

Ranger ×1 Name: Jane Brave: 84 Faith: 85

White Magic
First Strike
Concentrate
Half MP
Teleport

Monk x1 Name: Pado Brave:83 Faith: 88
Defense Arts/ Red Magic? (may as well use that Faith for buffs)
PA Boost
Eqp Armour

So yeah, based on the Tutorial group. They escape thanks to Durbs and his evil fourth wall breaking ways, sick and tired of being used and trivialised by the many 'FFT players,' as well as a complete butchering of their teachings through Square (Soft and Enix) and the sloppy/ over-the-top translation. To regain some sense of honour, they're after one thing and one thing only: Ramza and Co. Dead. It was down to his fame that the story got so popular, after all, and with so many re-runs of the tutorial over these fifteen years, they've now got quite the bank of spillover JP to use up...

Finally got to a pc so have merged these two posts!

My original thought was to make it an extremely difficult fight by giving them some Mastered skillsets that compliment each other brilliantly, as well as outfitting them with amazing equipment that they'd plundered before hunting our rag tag heroes - the main reward and challenge coming from them having equipment that you'd just have to steal!

As always, thoughts and critiquing of any kind would be both appreciated and encouraged (Will it work? If not then why not, etc?)

Cheers guys, hope everything is going well with Chapter 2/ the project in general!

EDIT: FFS, please come up with a better name if that gets used. Don't havd a clue what I was thinking when I named that one!
  • Modding version: WotL

Jumza

While I think this is also a good idea (and I understand typing on a PSP. Worst thing in the world) you should use the Edit button. It's there and should be used to avoid double posts so that you don't have to apologize about them  as much.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

tiamat234

SKILL
Song of unhealing

Learnt by
Link

Effect
Has a chance of causing a random negative status to all enemies surrounding the area around Link. Thing is, it also damages link on 1/4 of his remaining HP

MP cost

JP cost
530 (fans of the creepypasta will get from where this number is from c:

How to get it
Get link to be hit by ths skill during the fight against BEN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENEMY

BEN

Difficulty: Hard

Skills: Song of unhealing, Fire (i forgot the name of it on this mod) , flare, comet,  shock , Dark holy ,  Counter Magic, hamedo , teleport2, float

Level: 62

HP:620
MP:741

A few perks: Only link can fight BEN, at the start of the battle BEN will sya "you shouldn't have done that" and ban all the other characters away from the map. This is a random encounter and only happens once and just once. Once BEN is defeated link will receive the cannon item "BEN drowned" wich is just the elegy of emptiness statue and when you try to see the description of it the  sentence "you shouldn't have done that" is  repeated over and over again

Elric

Well, Tiamat, it is a bit hard to just add skills like that due to a mark alone. That and we are fairly limited on ability space.
This is why I mentioned before to not include rewards, or rather don't include them and expect them to not be changed.

However, you will be happy to know that Raven and I have discussed and decided to include a few creepypasta related
marks. I've asked CONMAN to Frankensprite up the Sprites for us and we have the event stories pretty much planned out,
just need dialogue.

I also do intend to do a BEN mark in a later Chapter, since that is one of the first video game Creepy Pastas I ever read.
Which I think you will enjoy.

None the less, thank you for the submission, hopefully some other people will stop being shy and throw some ideas at us!

kyozo22

August 28, 2013, 01:30:32 am #44 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:48:34 am by kyozo22
I've got a couple of ideas (mostly for events/scripty type description things for the marks) but wasn't really sure if my other ideas were quite hitting the mark? *unintentional pun, honestly*
Want 'em posted? Or should I STFU and let.someone else have a shot?

Elric

Go ahead and post em Kyo. Even the ones that arent used exactly as worded still get broken down into ideas for other marks

kyozo22

Ok, so, I want Kefka in here. Why? Trash talking our Five heroes, of course. And, obviously some good old creepypasta references!

Title: Dancing Mad

Difficulty: Raven's loathing of humanity fused with the sadism that is 1.3...

Our Five are going through a desert to discover what is causing the massive disturbance reported there. To their shock, they find what can only be described as a raving jester that
lives on a diet of pure lunacy and copious amounts of crystal meth. He is accompaniedby two guards, both of whom are unsettled.

"Ooh, what have we here?  Was told we'd find the girl, instead I find the strangest collection of freaks in this godforsaken place! Still, maybe I can find out --" (cant write Kefka worth shit. Help plox)

Dante: "Oh God, not another one!"

Ramza: "What's the matter, Dante?"

Dante: "Well, I have a tendency to meet psychotic clowns when I'm looking for a challenge... Or a party. Coco on Crack is a lot harder to hit. Especially when he's been on the anti-depression pills. Damn, that was a good fight."

Cloud: "Shouldn't we try and find out what they are trying to achieve by being here?"

Snake: CLOUD is right. We should question them an fight them if need --

Kefka: How DARE you interrupt me!? This isn't some damned children's game where we all  wait our turn until the male stripper with Coulrophobia gets over himself and puts a  damned proper jacket on. As for YOU..."

Guard 1: You shouldn't have done that.

Kefka: ... You fucking emo cash cow!? How do you get your hair that spiky? Stick your head up a cows vagina?!

Guard 2: Really, you shouldn't have done that.

Dante: Wear a jacket? Wear a fucking proper jacket? Ok, thats it. We're done here. Let's kill the turdstain.

Kefka: Oh no, the angst! However shall I cope? Ouch, that was close! Hey, wait a minut...

Both Guards: You shouldnt have done THAT!!

Kefka: There's SAND on. MY. BOOTS!! RAAAHHHH! Forget the girl, I'll kill you all! I'll flay.the useless skins off your pathetic skeletons andturn them into tents for normal fucking people!

*Fight begins*

So yeah, thats all I've got just now. All off the top of my head and needs mega refining and improvements! Input appreciated. Cheers!

The Damned

May 14, 2014, 05:28:45 pm #47 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:31:48 pm by The Damned
(I'm not sure if this is still technically open, but...we might as well belatedly celebrate its anniversary, no?)

Having finally looked for it (a bit) recently in all the time that I was gone (again), I can (finally) confirm that I can indeed not find the actual names for that "Other Five" mark I thinking of in other place where I thought it would be. This is rather...unfortunate, but it was what I was suspecting. I wonder if it's somewhere on my computers I didn't look or if I can find it with more (actual) searching of the Internet....

In the meantime, have another reference from yet another game I haven't actually played, this time for an extremely new game that isn't even in the States yet. Let's see if I remember how to use the posting coding on this forum...:

*References Under Night In-Birth* ("In-Birth" is pronounced "Inverse". Blame French Bread's "Engrish is Cool" mindset.) (Has two links)
An Erudite Eye

Story:
"There have been reports of an Eastern-looking fellow in the area who seems to be calling himself Chaos, like the Lucavi of Taurus. This alone wouldn't be too exceptional given various madmen or people with death-wishes have called themselves Lucavi names or followers whether they were actual cultists or not. The problem with this man is that there have also been reports of him fighting alongside a rather strong, curious-looking dragon and general agreement that he has a rather sharp, erudite eye despite the apparent language barrier. He's also been seen frequently near the accursed site of Golgorand...."

*Ramza and the Five arrive to find Chaos looking about at the top of the rampart with his back turned, seemingly alone*

Ramza (to the others): "Stay alert. There may be a dragon here."

Ramza (to Chaos): "Hello there! Would you happen to be one who is calling himself Chaos?!"

*Chaos turns around. There is a brief pause before he leaps down from the rampart*

Eastern Man: "I may be. Who wishes to know?"

Ramza: "Just a concerned citizen, I suppose you could call me. Just to clarify, you are aware 'Chaos' is the name of a Lucavi, correct?"

Eastern Man: "...Lucavi? I'm afraid I still don't know that term yet."

Ramza: "Oh, um, a Lucavi is essentially the highest level of demon."

Eastern Man: "Oh, I see. ...Damn. That explains part of the weird looks I got when I introduced myself upon arrival here. Too late to rectify that with an alias I suppose."

Ramza: "An alias? You mean 'Chaos' isn't an alias?"

Chaos: "No."

Ramza: "I see. ...You really aren't from Ivalice or even from this world at all, are you?"

Chaos: "!!!!"

*steps back and takes out a book*

Dante: "A grimoire?"

Chaos: "Come forth, Azhi Dahaka!"

*a dragon teleports in directly in front of Chaos*

Ramza: "Wait! We don't have to fight!"

*Dante steps in front of Ramza*

Dante: "Let me then. This should be fun."

Difficulty:
Medium-Hard/Difficult

Enemies:
1x Immortal male Hume/Human Beastmaster named "Chaos" with Martial Arts Secondary, Dragon Spirit Reaction, Arcane Defense Support, Ignore Height Movement and a book. Maybe a shield too....

1x Immortal ??? Dragon named "Azhi Dahaka" with standard Class C Dragon abilities, Arcane Defense Support and Teleport Movement.

He should maybe have Counter instead of Dragon Spirit since he has revive and self-healing with Punch Art, even if Revive is redundant with Azhi Dahaka's effective immortality. Actually...I'll just suggest maybe giving him Caution now since a good use may come out of that, especially with a shield, and it tends to still be neglected. Does any class even have Caution still? I've forgotten. Let me boot my copy of Journey of the Five....

Oh, right. Rogue has it now/still. I guess that could be an interesting alternate option. Now I'm wavering though, which is part of why this is in spoilers anyway.

So, yeah, besides Dragon Spirit, the Reactions of Counter or Caution seem like they could be sufficiently viable on Chaos without Dragon Spirit's possible obnoxiousness. Similarly, Auto-Potion might also be a better alternative for Chaos himself.

As a Secondary, provided Dragon Spirit is kept, Throw might work to curb the potential obnoxiousness of constant resurrection of the fight's only two combatants, especially if you could somehow confine it to Book/Dictionary throwing.

Besides all that, apparently Chaos's birthday is December 5th, so his Zodiac sign is Sagittarius. As such, I think it would probably be for the best if Azhi Dahaka had neutral-to-good compat. with Chaos's Sagittarius sign; Serpentarius for him/it would probably be fine too. Shame Chaos doesn't have a Taurus birthday like the Lucavi/Esper version.

*Azhi Dahaka disappears as Chaos struggles to a kneeling position*

Chaos: "...Damn. I've hit my limit. I guess I die here. Make it quick."

Dante (only half-jokingly?): "Well, if you insist...."

Ramza (to Dante): "Dante, stop."

Dante: *stops* "Hey, he brought it up."

Ramza (to Chaos): "We don't want to kill you. We...well, I, given I can't speak for Dante clearly, didn't even want to fight you."

Chaos: "...Then what did you come here for?"

Ramza: "Merely to warn you not to use that name. It frightens people in Ivalice and the new king may come down swiftly on you if others don't preempt him."

Chaos: "...Really?"

Ramza: "Yes."

Chaos: "...I suppose I'm quite lucky then given the other possible outcomes. I had hoped I could find a way home quickly given the lore around this particular place and this 'Ajora' of yours, but it seems like I may be stuck here quite a while."

Ramza: "My current compatriots are in much the same predicament. It seems to be happening with others too unfortunately."

Chaos: "!!!! ...I see.... That's actually somewhat good news perhaps. If this were just Azhi Dahaka and I...."

Ramza: "We're currently searching for a solution. You are welcome to join us if you wish."

Chaos: "Thanks, but I must decline. I'll search for my own way home."

Ramza: "I understand. In the meantime, I would avoid looking for a way back through anything involving Ajora or so-called Holy Stones, at least at the present time. Also, what will you call yourself now?"

Chaos: "I'm not sure. It seems like I'll have to avoid calling myself something related to your local lore at least."

Dante: "How about Nero?"

Ramza & Chaos: "Nero?"

Dante: "That's not the name of any demon or monster here, major or otherwise, right Ramza?"

Ramza: "As far as I am aware, no."

Chaos: "Not exactly the name I'd prefer, but it will do for now. Thank you."

Dante: "No prob. The fight was fun after all."

Chaos: "...."

Ramza: "...Well, I guess we will be on our way now so long as you continue to not harm innocents with that dragon of yours. Farewell, 'Nero'."

Additional Conditions:
Forced to use Dante as part of your party?

Reward:
Just Gil probably since Chaos isn't willing to part with his book and Azhi Dahaka can't be poached or killed. Maybe whatever shield Chaos is using or would/could use though...?

Admittedly not sure why I want Dante to be there given he has no connection to Chaos save for them both being silver/white-haired. It's probably just because he has the most amusing dialogue to write in-character and is the most willing of the Five to fight anybody and everybody. I guess him being in another recent fighting game also helps. I'm not sure if Dante canonically knows about grimoires, but besides Ramza's, he's the only member of the Five that probably would, so....

It's also amusing to realize that despite Dante being the member of the Five most recently in a fighting game, generally everyone of the Five has been in a fighting game or fighting-esque game save for Ramza himself. Even before Dissidia gave FFT as a whole the middle finger while catering to pretty much every other Final Fantasy game, Cloud was already in that horrible Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring game.

Speaking of Dissidia and Cloud, perhaps he's the better person to make mandatory in this fight of the Five if it happens given aforementioned Chaos the demon thing, though I don't know much about Dissidia actually. All I know is that time travel and recurrence are involved in the plot in an apparently major way, which is part of the reason I didn't look into it. I'll admit I also overlooked him given I've repeatedly made it clear that, personality-wise, he's always been a character I've never liked and thus he's easily the least likable member of the Five to me and blah blah blah.

P.S. I'm not sure if that's what UNIB Chaos's personality is actually like since I can no longer read Japanese worth a damn for the most part. It's not particularly important, especially since you can just strip this for parts or even make another reference entirely--Bill Weasley, anyone?--from it instead, especially given the possible "politics" of referencing such a new game and in such a wholesale manner over something...less overt. Shrug.

P.S.S. I feel like I'm forgetting another possible Mark to suggest, but it's been a while, so in addition to rambling like usual and possibly just outright forgetting for good, I may be confusing with one of my patch ideas or the practice thing I still owe Elric or something. Shrug again. Regardless, if this thread is still actually open, then I'll probably post in here again. Just a heads up. You've been warned. Yadda yadda yadda.... [/inability to be concise]
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Elric

May 14, 2014, 06:09:28 pm #48 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:32:36 pm by Elric
Too funny, I was just thinking yesterday how this thread has been dead for a while, (came up because Xif and Toshiko came up with an idea for a mark)
then reading through this, I also thought, huh, TheDamned hasn't been around for a while either.

This thread is ALWAYS open.

The Damned

May 15, 2014, 03:40:13 pm #49 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:44:25 am by The Damned
(Oh, okay. That's good to know. I had suspected as much, but I didn't want to assume, especially since I was ending your collective reprieve from my word-walls either way.)

So, I've gone back and fixed up typos, omissions, inconsistencies and spacing in all of my posts and just bettered them in general where possible (save for making them concise, of course). In doing so, I was reminded that I apparently had at least a couple of ideas for Marks that I hadn't posted...that I definitely can't remember right now and I doubt I wrote down anywhere. Damn. Maybe that's what was bothering me with regards to these.

Oh well. During my walk some hours ago before I came back and succumbed to sleep for three hours, I thought up two more Marks anyway that aren't all that complex for once. They're both Werewolf-related, partly because one of the ones I have forgotten was apparently Werewolf-related and partly because I still have no plans to use the Werewolf sprite or monster type for either of own patches at this point.

I suppose there's also the "need" I have to try to explain or world-build for vague aspects as little as I actually get around to writing and since Werewolves are new to FFT and as of yet unexplained in-story....

Regardless, given that I haven't posted an "Easy" difficulty mark in a while and I also just gave a Mark that has a name which comes directly from a fighting game's OST, I got some ideas rather quickly:

*References Soul Calibur V's Z.W.E.I. character and Street Fighter III: Third Strike's version of Akuma/Gouki and, now in a minor way, Super Street Fighter IV's Rose's Soul Satellite* (Has three links)
Killing Moon

Story:
"Even though it was always a troublesome spot, it would seem that Germinas Peak (or Poeskas Lake) has run redder with blood than usual these past few months. There has been greatly increased night-time violence as of late, seemingly the result of a great wolf reported in the area. Complicating this matter is that there have also been reports of a lone warrior who keeps appearing in the area on moonlit nights. Is he hunting the beast? Or is something else afoot?"

*Ramza and The Five, or at least Dante, arrive at Germinas Peak (or Poeskas Lake) to investigate. They look around briefly*

Ramza: "Hmm...it seems that no one is around. Not even monsters. At least this means there shouldn't be any more victims tonight."

Dante: "Lame!"

*Ramza turns to look at Dante*

Ramza: "Dante...."

Dante: "I know I know. It's just we came all this way to, what, find nothing? If this thing doesn't show, then more people will just get hurt later."

Ramza: "You have a point. Given you seem to know more about these 'werewolves' than anyone else in Ivalice, is there anything we can do to actively track one?"

Dante: "Well.... ?!?!"

*Dante turns in the direction of a higher area*

Ramza: "What's wrong?"

Dante: "I sense someone. Strong. Heh. Looks like we may have some fun tonight after all."

*as Ramza turns as well, on the highest point on the map, a man who is obviously a warrior appears from the shadows*

Warrior: "Who disturbs my training ground now?"

Ramza: "Training ground? There's a giant wolf about!"

Warrior: "Is that what they're calling it?"

Dante: "You're it, aren't you?"

Warrior: "In a way."

Ramza: "But how?! The moon is out and you're still...human?"

Warrior: "Hmph. Unlike those other weaklings, I've trained myself to conquer the wolf, embrace it and separate it if need be. I'll gladly show you if don't leave."

Ramza: "I don't understand..., but if you're the wolf, then this means that you killed those people all these past nights, doesn't it?"

Warrior: "I've only killed the people and monsters who came seeking to kill the wolf. Is that not what you have come to do as well?"

Dante: "Hell yeah!"

Warrior: "Then it seems we must fight to the death."

Ramza: "Isn't there any other way we can settle this if you can control your wolf? You could teach others how to control it!"

Warrior: "That is impossible. Only the strong survive in this world. If you're strong enough to kill me, then feel free to do with my body what you think needs to done to help weaklings. If you're not...then you're dead meat."

*suddenly a massive werewolf appears right next to the man as he "seperates"*

Ramza: "!!!!"

Dante: "Interesting."

Warrior & Werewolf: "No holding back! Prepare yourselves!"

Difficulty:
Hard/Difficult-Very Hard/Difficult

Enemies:
1x Immortal ??? male Hume/Human Monk with at least high Brave, low Faith, Counter Reaction, Dual Wield Support...and no headgear or armor.

1x Immortal ??? "male" Werewolf with at least Martial Arts Secondary, high Brave, slightly less low Faith, Sturdy Support and Teleport Movement.

"Hey, didn't you just suggest a dual boss idea?" you ask.

Well, yes. Chaos's Mark and this Mark are rather similar, but, for one, Chaos is "squishier" than this guy--let's call him "Eins". For another thing, outside of them resurrecting or Chakra'ing each other, Eins and his werewolf wouldn't support each other at all while Chaos is all about buffing Azhi Dahaka, who is the real damage dealer in that Mark. Lastly, Eins is the werewolf, which we'll call "Zwei", whereas Chaos and Azhi Dahaka are obviously separate entities.

Eins and Zwei being the same entity are basically the only reason that I have them both immortal since one of them Crystallizing while the other remains to fight would be...weird. Of course, if there's some way around that, then I wouldn't cry if neither of them were immortal since they both die at the end of this fight anyway.

Still, this is perhaps more proof that Chaos's secondary shouldn't be Martial Arts even though he needs some means of reasonably defending himself a bit. Hmmm...up to you guys really.

As for Eins's secondary, I was originally going to suggest the "Lycanthropy" one that I suggested for the Finath Werewolf mark. However, I then realized that'd be rather redundant with Zwei there, who should get Lycanthropy as his primary since he's not a regular Werewolf. At present, Jump might oddly be the best thing Secondary for Eins.

As for Eins's equipment, the lack of headgear and armor--well, clothing--is due to the fact the ??? stats would be forced to be max out at 999 HP otherwise. Given that two ??? entities might be a bit obnoxious, though, I'd fine Eins and even Zwei getting clothes or something, especially if they blocked some statuses.

As for weaponry, I can't decide whether it would be better to further emulate Akuma/Gouki and have Eins be Barehanded or further emulate Z.W.E.I. and have Eins have Knives. Shrug. Again, it's ultimately up to you guys, especially since I don't particularly like Akuma and I actually don't really know anything at all about Z.W.E.I. Still, if you asked me, the Knife angle on a non-Thief/Rogue, non-Ninja seems more interesting.

Eins: "Excellent! It would seem my Soul Satellite technique has met its match. I have no regrets."

*Eins collapses and dies; Zwei disappears due to this*

Ramza: "This type of bloodthirst...I'll never understand it."

Dante: "Hey, don't angst about it. The big bad wolf is dead, so we've helped people. That's what matters."

Ramza: "True. Still, I wonder if there was some other way...."

Additional Conditions:
Dante must be in your party.*

I'm tempted to say that this should be a 2v2 fight, but that would make it seem too much like a story battle perhaps. Additionally, it would probably be a bit too difficult or at least obnoxious to fight two Immortal, ??? statted characters with only two characters. Still, it's not like they both have to have ??? stats--neither of them have to, really.

Rewards:
Gil and some anti-Berserk equipment or items. Maybe some daggers/knives if Eins uses them.

I'll actually hold off on posting the second Mark I thought of for now and not just because the site seemed to be acting up for me this morning. I figure thinking about it more won't hurt, especially since I may be able to remember the old one. I think that one was essentially the same idea, but had a Redguard or something, which isn't in this idea.

Rest assured, though, I'll try to keep it easy and short (for me) as well not reference fighting games for once here since I've also been doing that a lot. I'll also not make Dante mandatory since I'm suddenly giving the son of Sparda (who isn't Virgil) a lot of love, which is amusing given my feelings about the character about a year unrelated to Jot5.

P.S. I apologize for doing the "Hard/Difficult" thing all of a sudden when before I was "fine" with just using "Hard" even though it's always bothered me despite understanding the convention. I'm not sure why it's suddenly bothering me enough now to be such a stickler about it....

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

May 19, 2014, 08:46:16 am #50 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:37:00 am by The Damned
(Sigh. I need to be consistent in the form of numbering I use for indicating links if there are any.)

Double sigh. As I suspected, there were indeed no back-ups for Mark ideas that I could see on my laptop, which is where they could be. Then again, I currently can't access any Office program on my laptop all of a sudden for some reason, so maybe they're somewhere in Word.

Anyway, as per usual, this ended up getting more complicated than I had intended. Also, for something that had intended to focus on the fact, again, that werewolves are monsters who are literally people, this didn't end up touching that at all in the usual too lengthy dialogue.

Now I'm wondering what if anything Beowulf and Reis will have to do in Jot5 since I can't remember if it was already said they weren't coming back or if I'm getting confused with my own plans. I'm also too lazy to look right now, especially since I'm in the middle of doing something I should have done awhile ago. Sorry:

*References Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI and, as is usual for Final Fantasy, Star Wars*
Unholy Matrimony

Story:
"The bounty hunters Montanari have been seen searching around the colliery of Goland. Despite their track record, they are every bit as surly and underhanded as many reports have made them out to be. They have the gall to have brought an accursed werewolf with them as a tracker, which is even more galling given their supposed prey is the mythical Holy Dragon. While they've yet to do anything truly illegal, their mere persistent presence is killing business. If only someone strong would go talk to them...."

*Ramza and at least Snake arrive one of the first floor of the colliery*

Ramza: "This place as is desolate as I remember. I wonder if they're on this floor or in the underground."

Snake: "If they're in the underground, then that will be problematic for sniping, especially compared to these ideal conditions."

*Ramza turns around to look at Snake, who is looking around still*

Ramza: "Snake, no sniping. I don't want to fight if we can avoid it. Honestly, you and Dante are--."

*Snake rushes forward and pushes Ramza out of the way of an arrow that Snake also dodges*

Ramza: "!?!?"

Cold Female Voice: "Damn. Missed."

*a female Ranger reveals herself at the top of map*

Cold-Voiced Woman: "We are in agreement about this area being ideal for hiding and setting up traps, which is why my husband and I requested that no one come to the colliery during our investigation."

Snake: "And by 'requested', you really mean threatened anyone who got in your way with death."

*the woman shrugs*

Cold-Voiced Woman: "Same difference. Regardless of how you feel about that, I'm going to ask you to leave now or else my next shot won't be a warning shot."

Snake: "You're only calling it a warning shot because you missed."

Cold-Voiced Woman: "Why yo-!"

Loud Male Voice: "Magisa! What's going on over there?!"

*a male Knight arrives next to Magisa, followed by a werewolf flanked by two chocobos*

Magisa Montanari: "Nothing, Forza dearest. I was just telling these noisome gnats to buzz off or die."

Forza Montanari: "Hmm...I'm surprised they're not dead already given your usual aim."

Ramza: "You mean that you'd normally use lethal force against someone just walking about in a public space?! How absurd!"

Forza Montanari: "They'd just die anyway if our prey got a hold of them, so it makes no real difference given the warning we clearly gave out."

Ramza: "You can't just threaten people with violence and claim that it's right though."

Forza Montanari: "How absurdly naive and weak-minded. The Montanaris ahbor weakness, especially given rule through force is the way the world works. Just ask our new king or any king before him."

Magisa Montanari: "Well said darling. Now leave or die, churls."

Ramza: "...."

Snake: "Arrow shooting aside, he has an unfortunate point."

Ramza: "...Even if that's the case, I can't in good conscience allow you to threaten people like that, especially for something that doesn't even exist anymore."

Forza Montanari: "...What do you mean doesn't exist anymore? Our intel said that the Holy Dragon was spotted here a while ago."

Ramza: "Your intel is correct on that end, but the curse of the Holy Dragon was lifted at Nelveska about a year ago."

Magisa Montanari: "'Curse'? Do you really expect us to believe such nonsense? You're obviously just a rival hunter who want to steal our prize. How you managed to survive to this point despite being so obviously inept clearly has more to do with that man standing next to you than your own skills."

Forza Montanari: "Indeed. Your unbelievable blather has signed your death warrant. Make your peace."

(Goland/Gollund) Colliery Underground First Floor

Difficulty:
Easy-Medium

Enemies:
1x Immortal Female Ranger named "Magisa" with at least Steal Secondary, Projectile Guard Reaction, some type of (long?)bow and anti-Poison equipment.

1x Immortal Male Knight named "Forza" with at least Martial Arts Secondary, Projectile Guard Reaction, Barehanded Support, some type of anti-Charm equipment and no weapons.

1x "Weak" Werewolf named Hiryuu.

2x "Moderate at Best" Yellow Chocobos, one named "Biggs" and one named "Wedge".

*Magisa struggles to get to her knees after all her husband's and hers monsters are killed*

Magisa: "Im-impossible! We are worthy of the Montanari name!! How could we lose to you?!!!"

Snake: "Pfft. You're nowhere near Sniper Wolf's level."

Magisa: "!!!! ...Sniper...Wolf...?"

*Magisa collapses again; Snake lights a cigarette and exhales*

Snake: "Can we go now?"

Ramza: "We can't just leave them here to freeze to death."

Snake: "Yes, we can."

Ramza: "Snake, at the very least we promised that we'd get them out of the colliery."

Snake: "If it's part of the mission objective, fine. You get to carry Forza all the way back though; I get the woman."

Ramza: "...Fine."

Additional Conditions:
Snake must be in your party and in your battle formation.

Rewards:
Gil and a (long?) bow.

Thinking about it now, I think "Forza" gets called "Faltzer" or something in actual version of FFV we got. I should really double check that.

Anyway, they're only immortal at present since I kind of want to bring them back now, but meh. We'll see, especially since I vaguely call it being said Nelveska would be used for something else in Jot5. Oh well if so, especially since I doubt I'll be able to use this in any of my patches in any form, at least presently.

Aside from that, due to having suggested a Mark scenario for every member of the Five except for Cloud at present, I suppose I'll try to think of one for him even though I don't really like him. I kind of have an idea or two already, but like always it's something I want to "research" at least a bit.

P.S. Meaningless bonus points if anyone gets why I made their surname that.

The Damned

June 30, 2014, 11:48:38 am #51 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:48:22 am by The Damned
(Ugh. It's already been over a month since I said I would think of something? I suppose I am as a reliable as a Mime though....)

Regardless, I have thought of something with regards to getting Cloud involved. I'll try to finish my thoughts on it by tomorrow and have it up. In the meantime, here's a bit of a "filler" based around Eternal's idea for Thextera.

*references Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IV & Final Fantasy X and The Stray Cats, though the latter is in the title only I suppose* (Link for the latter in title)

Stray Cat Strut

Story:
"Despite the period of relative peace that had settled over the area after the defeat of that mutant cat some while ago, it would seem that Zeklaus Desert is again host to a cat of an unusual character. If the rumors are to be true, then its black coloration, ability to use magick and, most alarmingly, supposed ability to outright speak seem to have utterly dismissed the possibility of it being the offspring of that felled mutant. The few people that claim to have heard speak say that it calls itself "Stray" and that it wishes to speak with either the king himself or the ones who felled the mutant. These same people also claim it cannot leave the area and it calls itself an esper, though these claims make the rumors as a whole more difficult to believe. Still...."

*Ramza and co. walk into see a jet black cat seemingly just sleeping in the distance*

Ramza: "What an unusual color. Is this 'Stray'?"

Stray: "So you're finally here."

Ramza: "!!!"

*Stray rises but does not advance*

Stray: "I sense Thextera's presence on you still. Are you the one who killed him?"

Ramza: "Thextera...? You mean that mutant cat that was terrorizing the desert earlier?"

Stray: "...Yes, 'that mutant cat' was my champion. Why do you say he was terrorizing the desert?"

Ramza: "Your champion? He was attacking travelers and unnaturally augmenting the other big cats in the area with magick!"

Stray: "Hmph. You think you humes are the only ones who should be able to use magic? Also, as a predatory animal, what would you expect of those in dire hunger? Can you honestly say that you or your kind would have left him alone even if he and the other cats preyed on everything except for humes?"

Ramza: "...No, I suppose I can't. Still, what do you mean by "champion"? Is that why he was so different looking from the other cats?"

Stray: "Yes. I blessed him with abilities that only Espers can grant and wanted him to spread that blessing to his other brethren since I can no longer leave this area, having slept here for so long."

Ramza: "Slept?"

Stray: "Yes, for centuries apparently, waiting for my brethren to evolve again and reach and transcend their former glory. I was only roused by sensing the brief flickers of other Espers in recent years."

Ramza: "In recent years? So this is related to the Holy Stones then...?"

Stray: "Given you are the one who slew Thextera, I must ask that you take up my mantle for him."

Ramza: "What?! But I'm not a cat!"

Stray: "I agree that it's not ideal, but with some heavy magick, I could change that."

*Ramza backs away*

Ramza: "I must decline."

Stray: "Sigh. I'm afraid I can't allow that. That spell will only work again any time soon on the predator that took him down. Looks like we'll have to do this the hard way then."

*Stray advances slightly*

Stray: "Cindy! Sandy! Mindy!"

*three cat-eared female priests appear behind Stray...while three more panthers behind Ramza*

Three Women: "Yes, Lord Stray?"

Stray: "We've got a heathen to proselytize."

Difficulty:
Medium-Hard/Difficult

Enemies:
1x Immortal ??? (Black) Panther named "Stray" with the same abilities as Thextera, Arcane Defense, above average Faith and maybe some Summon Magic(k) or Yin-Yang Magic(k) and perhaps Teleport movement. Essentially a (slightly) greater Thextera with some magick.

1x Immortal female Priest with a Stave and Dragon Spirit Reaction.

1x Immortal female Ranger with a Stave, Counter Reaction and Concentrate Support.

1x Immortal female Wizard with a Stave and Projectile Guard Reaction.

1x Red Panther

1x Coeurl

1x Vampire (or another Red Panther, depending on sprite issue)

Sprites: Stray uses a Vampire sprite if an black cat sprite can't be easily made. The three "sisters" use that Cat-Eared Priest sprite that I don't think anyone has yet to use. The monster sprites are what they normally are.

Genders: Stray can be a monster or male. The three "sisters" can be monster or female. The monsters remain monster "gender".

Stray: "I...I don't understand! How could a mere hume...defeat an Esper...?!"

*Stray collapses (again)*

Ramza: "You're pretty strong, but I've beaten Lucavi and other things stronger still."

Stray: "!!! So you're why...those other Espers...were only...brief flickers? ...So...tired."

Ramza: "Shhh. Just go to sleep for a while again."

*Stray and the sisters disappear*

Ramza: "I wonder if there are any more Espers like this for other creatures...."

Additional Conditions:
Must take place after the Thextera mark.

Reward:
Stray Magicite Magician-related equipment, probably of the Stave and Robe variety. Maybe also a mirror of the rewards given in the Thextera mark.

I'm not sure what it says about me that I keep defaulting to (pseudo-)cults, but I'm sure it's nothing flattering.

Elric

OP has been updated with all marks in this thread for easier organization.

Special thanks to Xifanie, and TheDamned for the large amount of mark ideas given.

enricopintos

The Summoner Part 1

Priest at the monastery have been hearing voices and noises during the night but they never find anything, so they need someone to investigate what's happening in the basement.

(My idea is a several parts quest (can be from two to four) where the summoner escapes twice and in the final confrontation que manages to summon a very strong demon capable of oblitareting Ivalice itself)

Difficulty:
Average to Hard

Orbone Monastery Basement (I don´t remember the floor, I mean the last one before travelling to another world)

Enemies:
Male Summoner
Male Mage Apprentice (Time Mage sprite)
4x Bull Demon or Behemots called differently (like Planar Demon or something like that, you can even use a different sprite if you got the time)

The group arrives at the room and finds a Summoner (we can name it Clyde but the name is no so important) casting weirds spells.
The apprentice (let's call him Lucio) notices the group arrival and alerts the Summoner, who stops the spellcasting and tells the group to buzz off because he is busy. Dante would say to fuck off, while Ramza takes a more diplomatic aproach. Snake or Cloud might comment something but finally they end up fighting

When Summoner health is low he teleports away, not before saying something like "Damn, I can't die here, sorry Lucio, this is bigger than you"
*If Lucio or any bulldemon/behemoth is alive the battle goes on*

To be continued (?)

If you like the idea I gladly think how and when the story continues.

PS: Sorry for my english :P

The Damned

(The last map before you get warped to "Death City" is Underground Book Storage: Fifth Floor.)

Sigh. It would seem my lazy self has let this go for almost three weeks, which is far longer than I had wanted to go even with my putting off research for a couple of days after that last post. Still, I've finally decided on a Mark for Cloud that isn't overkill, which is part of what held this up. Given the things I reference in this one, I find it rather unlikely to be used despite that, but I might as well put it up.

*references H. P. Lovecraft's works & Jungian psychology & the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XIII and, in name-only, Final Fantasy III*

Cloud of Darkness

Story:
"There have been recent rumors of an odd man stalking the poisoned swamps of Zigolis stirring up the ghosts in the area. Some believe him to merely be a deranged necromancer while others believe him to be a malevolent ghost himself. Regardless, he remains elusive to the king's forces if he even exists, though those who claim to have heard his voice say it is dark and echoing and that he calls himself 'Cloud'. These same survivors say his eyes are as golden as his spiky hair and that he wears clothes similiar to the man [Insert Cloud's position in bar here] there...."

*Ramza and Cloud arrive in Zigolis Swamp from the direction of Lionel Castle again*

Ramza: "The reports say that the thing pretending to be you has been showing up around here."

Cloud: "Stay alert. This may be Sephiroth yet again playing one of his damn games."

Ramza: "Even if it is, then it's better that we take him down again and make sure that he says down for good if the last time didn't actually take."

*Ramza and Cloud search around a bit*

Cloud: "I'm not seeing anyone. Usually he shows up right away and then starts to gloat."

Cloud's voice: "Only because we love to hear that voice."

Ramza & Cloud: "!!!!"

*they look around for a bit before Another Cloud appears a way behind them across the swamp, teleporting into the area in a kneeling position*

Another Cloud/Not-Sephiroth: "After all, Sephiroth is the only thing that gives our miserable life purpose. Isn't that right, me?"

*Cloud pushes Ramza out of the way as he moves forward and draws his sword as Another Cloud gets up*

Cloud: "Cut the crap, Sephiroth! I'll kick your ass as many times as I need to regardless of what you look like!"

Another Cloud/Not-Sephiroth: "You'd only be hurting yourself, but then again...that's all we're really good at in the end. Couldn't save Zack or Aerith or, in time, Tif--."

Cloud: "Shut up Sephiroth!"

*Cloud attacks only for the other Cloud to teleport out of the way*

Another Cloud/Not-Sephiroth: "And if I said that I wasn't Sephiroth, but you? What then?"

Cloud: "Then you'd be lying! You're not me!"

Another Cloud/Not-Sephiroth: ".... Hahaha! Oh, my! If only I were actually your shadow, you'd be unconscious right now. But I don't want to kill you just yet anyway. Let's play a bit."

Ramza: "Play? What is meaning of this?!"

Another Cloud/Not-Sephiroth: "Oh, right. You're still here. Well, I don't think other me will mind you intruding into our little reunion."

Ramza: "Reunion?"

*suddenly Zack and Aerith appear on both sides of the other Cloud*

Cloud: "!!!!"

Another/CloudNot-Sephiroth: "Still don't believe I'm you? Or at least not Sephiroth? Fine then. You can call me 'Lightning'."**

*Zack & Aerith inch forward and Cloud backs up*

"Lightning": "After all, you'll need something to call me as you beg for your miserable lives."

[**Yes, this is mostly a snipe at how Lightning's design, especially visually, is essentially just "Cloud with boobs and (more) borderline sociopathy & psychopathy". Feel free to have it call itself "Strife" or something else if you even use this.]

Difficulty:
Hard/Difficulty - Very Hard/Difficulty

Enemies:
1x immortal ??? version of Cloud named "Lightning" (who is still male) with as much from Cloud's moveset as possible, including Counter: Deathblow.

1x immortal ??? leader Zack, who is essentially a greater version of Cloud, because, face it, that's still how Cloud kinda views the guy. He and "Lightning" should have different secondaries though, like Zack having Summon Magic while Cloud "Lightning" has Black Magic.

1x immortal ??? Aerith with Alma's skillset as primary and White Magic secondary. Should maybe absorb Holy element.

[Somewhat needless to say, but given the AI doesn't (yet) really watch where it walks, all three of these should be immune to Poison somehow or maybe just have Float movement.]

*Ramza & Cloud crouch down as Zack & Aerith disappear and "Lightning" continues to lie on the ground*

Ramza: "Huff. It would seem to finally be over."

Cloud: "Maybe. Don't let your guard."

Cloud's voice: "Cloud has faced his other self...."

Ramza & Cloud: "!?!?"

*Both stand up*

Cloud's voice: "He has obtained the facade used to overcome blah blah blah."

*"Lightning" gets up and Cloud readies his weapon again*

"Lightning": "Honestly, I don't understand how Philemon can bare that tripe. Then again, he bares you human scum, who are even worse."

Ramza: "'Philemon'? ...You really aren't Sephiroth, are you?"

"Lightning": "Wow, you're really smart or, at least, smarter than Mr. Screwed-In-The-Head. No, I'm not that white-haired pretty boy, though his work was fun to watch."

Cloud: "Fun to watch?! He was a madman!"

"Lightning": "That's rather the pot calling the kettle black, especially coming from you. All of you humans are mad. He was just honest about it."

Cloud: "Why yo--!"

Ramza: "Who are you then?"

Nyarlathotep: "You scum can call me Nyarlathotep, though I have many more names than that."

Ramza: "Nyarlathotep?"

Nyarlathotep: "Yep! And as much I'd like to spend more time wasting my vacation explaining things to you scumbags, I'll definitely be seeing you again later if you don't die. Until then!"

*Nyarlathotep teleports away*

Cloud: "Wait!"

*Cloud punches the ground*

Cloud: "Dammit!"

Ramza: "Cloud...."

*Ramza turns in the direction Nyarlathotep was last seen standing*

Ramza: "Nyarlathotep? I've never heard that name before. Why would he pick Cloud to mimic...?"

Additional Conditions:
Cloud must be in your battle formation. He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (read: Voldemort) must have been defeated for the last time.

Reward:
Nothing because Nyarlathotep is a dick like that? Not really sure what's happening with the Materia Blade/Buster Sword (as weapon), but since that will probably be gained from a mandatory plot battle, it's probably impossible to have it as a reward here. Some magically related item would do though. Perhaps a Book?

Also went back and slightly edited that last post between realizing that I had Stray inconsistently refer to humans as "humes" and then "humans" and even in the same paragraph of dialogue despite the fact that such inconsistency bugs the hell out of me. Speaking of which, I'm still being inconsistent on the Hard/Difficult thing as well. Apologies.

Still, now at least someone has suggested the other most popular Lovecraftian god since Cthulhu was suggested from the start.

Quote from: Elric on July 13, 2014, 09:44:51 pm
OP has been updated with all marks in this thread for easier organization.

Special thanks to Xifanie, and TheDamned for the large amount of mark ideas given.

It's nothing on my part, really. Thanks for me letting me fill up the thread with stray thoughts that enter my head, especially if at least a couple of them are actually usable in some capacity. After all, it's not like I'm working on anything else actively right now.

Plan C

December 27, 2014, 01:59:45 pm #55 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:32:27 pm by Plan C
Know it has been awhile since anyone has posted an idea here, but this is right up my alley and thought I'd send one your way.

Time for a lame proposition quest chain to become a battle, the final encounter with the famous Phantom Thief Zero. This time he comes with his very own lackey fanboys.

Mark Title: Zero Hour
Can use up to 6 units ( 6 vs. 3 )
Difficulty: Very Hard (8-9/10 type difficulty)

Location: Ruins of Riovanes ( Location subject to discussion based on its use)

Enemies:

Thief x 1 Name: Zero   Brave: 85  Faith: 50

Innate Dual Wield, Innate Ignore Height, Innate Haste

Mug (Advanced form of Steal + dmg/status effect) If not doable, get rid of stealing portion besides charm and add something similar to Magic Sword maybe, call it Switchblade or something?
Throw
Vanish
Bandit's Eye
Move-HP Up (Maybe doubled effect when under Vanish, if a possibility)

Devotee x2 Names: Null (Bard) & Void (Chemist)

Null  Brave: 75  Faith : 45

Innate Martial Arts

Ballad (Combination of Sing and Talk Skills)
Punch Art
Critical: Recover HP
Short Charge
Move HP-Up

Void  Brave: 70  Faith : 70

Innate Shell/Magic Def Up, Innate Cup Of Life (Math Reaction)

Item
Precision Shot (Combination of Snipe and Battle Skills relating to stat breaks)
Mana Shield
Doublehand (Magic Gun)
Move MP-Up

Sprite Suggestions/Ideas: Zero - Thief or Hooded Portrait with mask, Null - Bard Portrait with mask, Void - Chemist Portrait from Jot5 (unique color scheme though?)

Conditions : Defeat Zero, no specific party member required. Must hear a certain rumor of his return from any castle type location besides Riovanes.

Reward: Whatever rare treasure/item Zero took from Riovanes, particularly something rare. Perhaps relating to the massacre from Vanilla.

Elric

Phantom Thief Zero already has a string of marks lol.
Pretty sure I mentioned this somewhere

Plan C

oh ok, sry, did not see any in the list on page 1

Elric

No worries buddy, thank you for posting.

I did mention it on other parts of the forum some time ago, but probably not in a obvious place.

For the sake of secrecy, I left some of the marks that were used out of that list intentionally, since we have a similar list in the Hidden Jot5 staff section.

But as a special treat for anyone who checks this thread, here is one of 3 marks that was added to Ch1 for the re-release. You should expect to see a mark from Phantom Thief Zero every chapter.  The text formatting hasn't been done yet, but lemme know what you think.

Plan C

it resembles what I had in mind definitely, especially his look, very phantom-esque. Looks good.

I'll think of something a little more out of the box, but still FFT related. Was fun thinking up of side story scenarios.