• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:59:28 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five FAQ + Q/A.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, April 21, 2013, 02:37:17 am

Elric

Questions are fine lol. And that thing is babus, a reference to FFTA
  • Modding version: PSX

AzelusGrimsight

So I have a question about JOT5. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post it as I'm newish and It sort of relates to Chapter 2/The Re-release.
Ok, so When Chapter 2 Comes Out Will there be more items in chapter one such as weapons and equipment/armor? The Reason I ask is because I don't mind starting over if that will be the case rather than porting my save over. I have payed through chapter 1 several times and I have enjoyed to an extent I did not think possible so Kudos to all of you heading this project. Anything you could tell me about the item and equipment without giving too much away would be greatly appreciated. As it happens this playthrough I got bored and decided to attempt to write in some cheat codes that worked for Tactics and they did indeed work so I played around with some item modifier codes and I found some very interesting weapons and armor...I will not state what I have found here as I believe some of the items contain massive plot spoilers for Chapter 2 and Onwards, as most of these items are unfinished it seems I am guessing they are not in chapter 1 for that reason, it just got me thinking about what other items you may add into chapter one which would be worth replaying for considering the selection is quite small compared to the awesome array of things I found. Thank You for your dedication and passion which are currently the only things keeping me content while I wait for FF7's Remake!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
Your Actions Have Meaning Only If They Hold True To Your Ideals

Elric

You have to start over either way as Chapter 1 was rebuilt from the ground up and the current version not only doesn't work correctly on consoles, but it won't link up to Chapter 2 anyway. The content added to Ch1 is nearly equal to what was already there, and was added to make it worth replaying Chapter 1 since you will have to do so either way.

Unfortunately, the stuff you DID find isn't really spoilers. It's stuff that was originally planned when Journey of the Five was going to have a bunch more main characters than just the 5 that made the cut. There is another thread around here somewhere (might actually be in a earlier page of this very thread) stating which other characters were originally intended to be in the main game but didn't quite make it for various different reasons. This is why those weapons had no backing behind them. Because they were just names I had originally put in tactext back when the mod was in it's pre-pre alpha stage, and were never removed. That's all just dummy data at this point, especially since most things have been redone for the re-release.

Only the stuff that was actually used in Chapter 1 holds true in the Tactext, everything else was just concept data and nothing more.

Nyzer

Yeah, basically the entire plot of Chapter 3 has been scrapped and reconsidered just since I joined the team, and that was some time after the initial Ch. 1 release. You're not gonna find a whole lot of useful info behind the scenes with that now :P

That said... the equipment available in Chapter 1 is rather appropriate for what was projected at the time to be roughly a quarter of the game. (It's much less than that now - the end total of Marks alone rivals the number of storyline battle events across the entirety of classic FFT, and I'd have to repeatedly punch myself in the face if I'd gone the FFTA-ish route of making them all weak filler events.)

Unless you're doing mad grinding, you're not gonna be in a position to get far past the third tier of jobs. You're nowhere near level cap. The encounters and rewards have all been explicitly designed for low level characters.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Swordmaster

...I'm sorry, I think I just drooled on this thread while reading.

Nyzer

Oh, that's the expected response.

AzelusGrimsight

Thank You Guys Very Much For The Response!!!! Haha I was wondering about the save thing. Oh well starting over will be no big because you guys make it so worth it to play over and over! I am a touch disappointed as far as hearing the weapons were for cut characters lol (cough cough <redacted>?) although I am rather surprised Dante's <redacted> has no bite behind it, although <redacted> are great, <redacted> looks beautiful. Well to bide my time while I wait for chapter 2 I at least get to play with the <redacted> and stuff oh and I recruited Sephiroth onto the Team as well who is so well made by the way guys! I would do it with Ganon but obviously I can't and I'm pretty sure everyone knows why lol. Again Thank You So Much You Guys Are Rockstars!
Your Actions Have Meaning Only If They Hold True To Your Ideals

Teigan

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask about gameshark codes, but I was just wondering how to code a duplicate Dante over a soldier, I tried every combo from 01-49 with no success. I found Devil Trigger at 13, and I even tried a couple monsters to no avail. I wanted Vergil instead, but I'm not sure if he's in game. I look forward to your response, thank you so much for the amazing game, tactics will always have a special place in my heart, and I've beaten all the "5's" games, my dream come true, keep up the great work guys!😊

Elric

Jot5 is not open source and editing it isn't something I support outside of the core team. There is a lot of ASMs in Jot5 and what you are asking would break things in more than a few ways

Zolias

March 30, 2022, 04:42:05 pm #89 Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 06:48:35 pm by Zolias Reason: Re-found the new changes on JP mechanics
So, there's three things I'm wondering (mainly about Link, because big fan of the Legend of Zelda series)...

First is that I'm assuming that everyone will be getting their main weapons at some point in the game, such as Link gaining the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, and figuring the same for Cloud and the Fusion Blade (since he's in his Advent Children outfit).

What I'm wondering is if every main of the 5 would obtain their main weapons at some point in the game (though due to never playing any of the DMC or Metal Gear games, I wouldn't know which would be Dante's nor Snake's... and I'm simply trying to think of which would go to Ramza; pure irony if his is this game's Ultima Weapon, and would make me chuckle), and would certain ones allow the use of all of the main class's abilities, if such a thing is possible to be coded...

The second is that I'm wondering if, since this Link is the Hero of Time, and the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess was confirmed to be the Hero of Time, will Link be able to learn new skills on later chapters, with those being the Hidden Skills of TP?  If so, would that also apply to all of the five?

The final is if there will be level traps eventually placed throughout the certain maps, as either a means to train skills without increasing difficulty too much?

Either way, looking forward to the re-release!

FateWings

Hi everyone,

On the first fight against the Babus and the monsters I surrounded the Chocobo and killed it while it has a reraise. When it revived it cast Choco Cure but missed all the targets including my chars and itself.
Does it's skill has a chance to miss?