• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:48:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by Elric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Tails_Doll_Prower

Quote from: Elric on October 31, 2018, 05:35:29 am
Well its obviously not Jot5 as its been out for years and thousands have played it without issue. The issue is on your end, one way or another

I got it figured out- it's the Emulator, not the Files. But yeah it was my end.

Anyhow
Thanks Nyzer for the Suggestion.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Hyraldelita on October 29, 2018, 10:55:54 pm
I'd like to see a video of a veteran FFT player, that never saw jot5, and try the 6 turtle on zirekile falls.

Just wanted to say that the first time I played that battle it was incredibly hard!  It took everything I had to survive.  I actually did win on the first try, though barely.  I absolutely loved it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

Heh. I didn't. I might've had a chance if I'd had good status effects that could shut them down, like Assassinate, Stop, or Disable. But I didn't at that point in time, and without those effects, they were too much to overcome.

IIRC I was able to survive the fight, but just couldn't get any kills. They're too tanky and can heal each other too well. And they come in before you're likely to have a team fleshed out enough to handle that.

Losing to them does help serve to steer the player towards status infliction and away from vanilla FFT's "zerg damage to win" strategy, but with no option to run from random battles it's a bit too punishing to throw out that early on, even as a teachable moment.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Swordmaster

Quote from: Nyzer on November 02, 2018, 09:16:52 pm
Losing to them does help serve to steer the player towards status infliction and away from vanilla FFT's "zerg damage to win" strategy...

One of the most important lessons to learn in this mod, I think.

Hyraldelita

yea but Nyzer nailed the point.
they come as a random fight way too easrly, you probably barely had the jp to learn any decent skill to put status and them and also assassinate, its a useless skill for strategy, if you don't use quicksave obviously, since it has a 20% or so chance, which mean you will need to be very lucky to use that a reliable source of "damage" which mean you will have to fight with 4 char untill assassinate hit.
Also they inflict status when close range at like 100% so its super hard to let's say "tank" them while you dish out damage, so its not about strategy much, if the only way to deal with them is status ^ ^
Later in the game they would be a lovely challenge , even more of them i'd say, but so early?  its just game over or a 3 hours fight.

Grabblez

This is like some bored early 2000s kid's fanfic ("WHAT IF RAMZA MET CLOUD AND LINK AND SNAKE AND DANTE AND BECAME FRIENDS AND WENT ON ADVENTURES...") come to life in video game form.

I love it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Evs

Finally getting around to playing this one. -its actually awseome, i was sceptical about the theme. But its verry solid work. Im verry impressed. Its working well on android too which is ace. Thankyou guys

Nyzer

Hah, that was basically my impression too, Evs. I never took a good look at the mod at first; I figured it'd be something that focused more on the crossover appeal than anything else. Couldn't have been more wrong!

After watching the first few videos in someone's Let's Play of the mod, I knew I had to go download it right away. And in the end, well, here I am!

Cuthbert

Hi! I'm new. I just wanted to confirm if there is a way to play this using the epsxe on Android or not. I've got no pc nor console at the moment but I really like what I saw on YouTube. Huge fft fan here.

Nyzer

I play on FPse on my Android phone and I never encountered any issues.

You will, however, require a PC to patch FFT to create the Jot5 file in the first place. But if you can get the patch file and an ISO, and find someone to let you borrow their PC for five minutes, you'll be fine.

Also, what videos did you watch? We like to keep track of what videos get people interested - watching a Let's Play is what got ME interested, too!

Swordmaster

I just want to add that it was DaTruthDT's Let's Play that got me interested in this mod.  That was... quite a while back.  I never did finish what is available, opting to wait for the re-release instead.  I've been checking this forum just about daily since then.  I know you guys will have something even more amazing some day, so I don't want to miss it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.   :)

Lowin20

I'm really excited to play this, but I'm having a difficult time getting it to work. I see that it isn't yet supported on modded PSPs but I was unable to load the patched ISO on the PPSSPP emulator. What's the best emulator to play this on right now?
"I am come."

Nyzer

This is a PSX mod. Few mods are for PSP games, since they're far more limited.

Hyraldelita

hello guys :)
It's not like im in a hurry or something, more like curious about it..
Since the release or the chapter 1, it has been 6 years.
I know its free, i know its a few people, life problems, work , unexpected things, i understand everything, and also nothing of this is "something that has to be delivered"
But i feel the need to ask, after coming here very often before and once every few months now..
Is this really going to come out ? and if yes, there is a chance to more or less know? Like "in 2 years its out for sure" or i don't know, let people play an incomplete version, and just let them patch later on a complete one, ( i don't think anyone would mind to start a new game once every year or 6 years XD)
And i'd like to repeat, this is not a complain, more just a curiosity because i really love your work on this.

Bonesy

They have said multiple times their general plan (it might've changed though) is TLW, then ch1 rerelease then ch 2

patience is a virtue
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Nyzer

I'd look at how TLW's progress is going to showcase how hard it is to pin anything down. Hell, I'd also point out the difficulty ConcernedApe is having with pinning down a 1.3 release date for Stardew Valley on Xbox and PS3, and he and the team developing the ports actually make money from their work on that. We do not.

I'm working on things when I can, but I've recently had to scrap most everything in the mining event (for the second time) because some things just aren't working out as planned. My actual workweeks are sometimes hitting 50+ hours away from home; doesn't leave me with a lot of time or energy to work on things. Never mind anything else I have (or even simply want) to do with my free time.

Doesn't mean it won't ever be done or that we're never thinking about it. I still sometimes keep my mind busy while at work thinking about possibilities for Jot5. It just unfortunately can't be a top priority for us when we all have real life in the way.

Elric

Quote from: Hyraldelita on August 05, 2019, 07:27:42 am
hello guys :)
It's not like im in a hurry or something, more like curious about it..
Since the release or the chapter 1, it has been 6 years.
I know its free, i know its a few people, life problems, work , unexpected things, i understand everything, and also nothing of this is "something that has to be delivered"
But i feel the need to ask, after coming here very often before and once every few months now..
Is this really going to come out ? and if yes, there is a chance to more or less know? Like "in 2 years its out for sure" or i don't know, let people play an incomplete version, and just let them patch later on a complete one, ( i don't think anyone would mind to start a new game once every year or 6 years XD)
And i'd like to repeat, this is not a complain, more just a curiosity because i really love your work on this.

Both Nyzer and Bonesy are correct. Priority is TLW, then Jot5 Re-release then Jot5 Ch2.

I can't do much in terms of TLW, as it is done, aside from the DK hack that is still getting fixes.

As for Jot5, we are mostly waiting on the gathering events, which Nyzer is currently helming.

I'm still very active in the modding scene, mostly on Fallout 4, but I jump back into FFT the minute that Choto has a new version of the DK hack to test, or Nyzer has some event videos that need to be reviewed. It is not for a lack of want that nothing has come out yet. These things take time, and 6 years, 2 years, 10 years, 100 years, those time tables mean absolutely nothing to me. As said before, I will NEVER release a incomplete version of something that we have set out to do. Chapter 1 originally came out as a complete package, and then halfway through Chapter 2 development (or more like 80%) we decided there was a lot more we could do with Chapter 1 since it was rather limiting.

-We have added 5 more (might actually be 6 iirc) marks to Chapter 1.
-We set in motion, through marks, several side quests in the game, starting in Chapter 1
-Angel fixed quite a few dialogue issues in Ch1 and Ch2, and rewrote quite a bit of dialogue that was just plain off.
-I reworked every single event in Ch1 and completely remade 2 of them from the ground up.
-We added in the sound novels
-We replaced rumors with Bar Banter
-We removed marks from being done via rumors, and instead Xif made some custom ASMs for Marks to be done via propositions, as well as tracked in the Bravestory.
-We extended the final boss battle of Ch1 to have a proper transformation.
-We added a full synthing system (complete with custom synth shop graphic) that Nyzer is building mining, wood gathering and farming events for.

These things take time, and until they are finished and tested to be working correctly, there wont be an update... no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Plus a buttload of other stuff that I'm not remembering off the top of my head

coldds

sorry if it is a dump question but... what is TLW? i have no idea

JaMeLa

Hi
I'm new to the comunity, don't have any idea of hacking. I'm interested in playing some fft mods and i don't know how. I downloaded the patch from this post, but i don't know where to patch it, and with wich program.
Can anyone help me?