• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by Elric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Please post Bugs in the Bug Reports section, please.

Also, that's not a Bug, that's the AI prioritization of units.  It's probably going for the units with the best hit rate because it has a low hit rate and is single-targeting.  (The latter half is actually not intentional but due to a small bug that will be fixed eventually.  The skill as-intended is actually Effect 3 Vertical 1.  So be wary of slightly more CT00 usage from future Squids!)

RavenOfRazgriz

v1.92 released.

Fixes typos on the Job Requirements of Samurai and Ninja.  Also fixes deploying monsters above tier 1 having the wrong color.

Balance tweaks:

Battle 3 now drops 2 Ether and 2 Phoenix Down instead of 2 Potion and 2 Ether.
Bariaus Hill given a final minor nerf since it is a noticeable difficulty spike.

A few more War Trophies across the main story were tweaked to smooth up the difficulty curve.

Basically, this is a nonessential update unless you're using monsters in your party or grinding far more than you should ever need to in Chapter 1, but it's good cleanup and will be better for players picking up the patch for the first time so here you go.

Enjoy.

RavenOfRazgriz

v1.93 released.  Lots of tiny cleanup in this version:

Many typos fixed, most found in thanks to brittmarv's attempts to compile a Journey of the Five wikia.  While we're very hands-off about things like Master Guides, etc., I've been peeking through as brittmarv compiled things and helping to fix a couple things here and there.  It ended up also causing me to find a lot of typos when I found things that didn't match the data on the ISO.

Bartholume in the first two battles should be much more useful now.  He was always intended to have Knight L3 but for some reason has been set to Knight L1 this entire time.  Now he should actually come in with quite a few primary skills to help with.  Also, the third battle has been made a bit easier by adjusting what the player has access to slightly since they can't control what's at their disposal in that fight.

Squids "Energy Blast" attack now properly hits at an AoE with much thanks to Chotokukyan for literally hacking the animation file to make it display on multiple targets, though the hit rate was toned down slightly to compensate.  Toughskin's "Headbutt" now correctly adds Paralyze.  Hit rate on the "Resonate" skill was reduced because it was way too high, dear god.

Potion and X-Potion now have the correct animations - they were reversed before and I just somehow forgot to fix it all the time from Alpha to now since I never noticed it until watching one of The Damned's videos.

There's probably a bunch of other small stuff that was fixed in there, but I honestly don't remember.  Enjoy.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quick v1.931 release to fix the formation error Arek posted.  That was fixed during Beta testing but must've gotten unfixed and somehow went completely unnoticed this entire time.  Oh well.  Fixed now.

That's not a cool thing to have around though so I'm putting the fix out ASAP.

RavenOfRazgriz

v1.94 is out.  This fixes two bugs:

1. Strange behavior in random battles due to multiple units sharing the same Unit ID.  I went through every Random Battle in Chapter 1 and am pretty sure I caught every instance of this happening.

2. Not quite a "bug", but I got reports of AI units just seeming to not come in with any skills, despite me giving them plenty of JP.  I remedied this situation by slashing some JP costs and in the case of two skillsets, fiddling the skill order slightly.  You can find full details in the spoiler below.  Like with Knight, this means you may not know the same skills in that class you knew before, but you'll almost always know 'better' skills than the ones you knew before, and the ones you knew before should be just as cheap or cheaper to re-buy.  Overall, all the affected classes went from requiring 2600-2800~ JP to learn all their A-abilities to about 2000-2200~ range, and most Jobs can now be fully Mastered before reaching Job Level 8. (3000 JP.)

[Monk]
Wave Fist is now 300 JP.
Shockwave is now 400 JP.
Revive is now 400 JP.

[Rogue]
Shove is now 150 JP.
Charm is now 200 JP.
Taunt is now 300 JP.
Steal Shield is now 200 JP.

[Wizard]
Melt is now 150 JP.
Blizzard is now 200 JP.
Quake is 250 JP.
Tornado is 300 JP.
Flood is 350 JP.
Death is 400 JP.

Skillset order is Shock - Melt - Blizzard - Quake - Tornado - Flood - Death - Flare.

[Oracle]

Undead is now 200 JP.
Paralyze is 250 JP.
Sleep is 300 JP.
Confusion is 350 JP.
Petrify is 400 JP.
Pray Faith is 200 JP.
Doubt Faith is 200 JP.

Skillset order is Spell Absorb - Dispel - Undead - Paralyze - Sleep - Confusion - Petrify - Pray Faith - Doubt Faith.

[Dimensionalist]

Haste is 150 JP.
Slow is 150 JP.
Stop is 300 JP.
Float is 100 JP.
Gravity is 300 JP.

Skillset order is Haste - Slow - Stop - Reflect - Quick - Float - Gravity - Comet - Meteor.

[Summoner]

Ramuh is 150 JP
Ifrit is 200 JP
Shiva is 250 JP
Titan is 300 JP
Fairy is 350 JP
Sylph is 400 JP
Bahamut is 450 JP

[Dragoon]
Jump Range 3 is 250 JP
Jump Range 4 is 400 JP
Jump Range 5 is 550 JP
Jump Range 6 is 700 JP

Some learn rates were also fudged with a bit.  Now these classes should all actually come in with some skills learned when under the AI's control.  (Though two of them don't actually appear as such in Chapter 1, better to fix them all in one sweep.)

Enjoy, everyone.

Javelin

Hello! Whether it is possible to
play this addition on the
emulator? On FPse for Android
it is possible? Thanks! :D

RavenOfRazgriz

I don't think we've ever tried playing it on that emulator so I can't say.  Your best bet is to try it and find out.

Quick v1.941 release because I noticed a mistake in the hack that fixed the Item Command animations (Potion/X-Potion being refersed) that borked every Item animation instead.  Now it's fixed and every Item command now looks as it should.  If you don't care how your Item command looks, don't feel compelled to update because nothing else changed.

Redline12

Ok, new problem. When i patched it on the .bin file of FFT(Clean,No other patches added), and i convert it into an EBOOT.PBP file(For the psp), success! But when i play it during the first battle, when the guest character moves out of the gate, it froze. I tried it 5 times, but it still freezes. Any ideas to solve this? Or is my rom wrong? If it is, What rom do i need?(I used the NTSC-U rom. and when converting it, i made the title to be Final Fantasy Tactics, same game id, same save id.)

In the PSX emulator(pSX 1.13), it also freezes when Ramza says how Cloud and Ramza met. (In the Goug Machine City. Its just displays "Now Loading") Any ideas to solve this?

Im sad in this, i tested it in 5 hrs. But nothing happened. Sorry to bother you.
Patching is always the greatest idea in modifying.

Elric

Its already been mentioned that eboots and console is not working yet.
As for the issues with psxfin. I cant really say. We play and test on that version
And dont have those issues
  • Modding version: PSX

brittmarv

Quote from: Redline12 on May 07, 2013, 06:48:15 am
Ok, new problem. When i patched it on the .bin file of FFT(Clean,No other patches added), and i convert it into an EBOOT.PBP file(For the psp), success! But when i play it during the first battle, when the guest character moves out of the gate, it froze. I tried it 5 times, but it still freezes. Any ideas to solve this? Or is my rom wrong? If it is, What rom do i need?(I used the NTSC-U rom. and when converting it, i made the title to be Final Fantasy Tactics, same game id, same save id.)

In the PSX emulator(pSX 1.13), it also freezes when Ramza says how Cloud and Ramza met. (In the Goug Machine City. Its just displays "Now Loading") Any ideas to solve this?

Im sad in this, i tested it in 5 hrs. But nothing happened. Sorry to bother you.

Sounds like a bad ISO. Even if it appears clean, that is quite often the problem. Even if it seems completely unlikely. Re-dump it to your hard drive and try again then if the problem persists maybe someone can troubleshoot it further for you.

Redline12

Redline12

Quote from: brittmarv on May 07, 2013, 01:19:54 pm
Sounds like a bad ISO. Even if it appears clean, that is quite often the problem. Even if it seems completely unlikely. Re-dump it to your hard drive and try again then if the problem persists maybe someone can troubleshoot it further for you.

Thanks for you tip, the problem was my rom  :roll: , Now im okay, Thanks to everyone.

Adramelk

Quote from: Javelin on May 02, 2013, 04:51:15 am
Hello! Whether it is possible to
play this addition on the
emulator? On FPse for Android
it is possible? Thanks! :D

I played the game on my tablet (Galaxy Tab II 10.1, Android 4.0 with ePSXe). Pretty cool, one day playing on the bus to my university a random guy asked what the hell was Link doing in FFT.

Elric

haha, hearing that makes me smile. lol

Also, ePSXe DOES work on android, but due to the fact that I could never get FPse to work for more than a few minutes without
yelling at me for my less than legit copy, I cannot confirm it is working on the Android or not.

If someone would care to test this that would be great, we will put a emulator compatibility list on the Wiki Soon

Redline12

Quote from: Elric on May 07, 2013, 11:20:49 pm
haha, hearing that makes me smile. lol

Also, ePSXe DOES work on android, but due to the fact that I could never get FPse to work for more than a few minutes without
yelling at me for my less than legit copy, I cannot confirm it is working on the Android or not.

If someone would care to test this that would be great, we will put a emulator compatibility list on the Wiki Soon

Can you test it in EBOOT.PBP file(For PSP) I keep downloading roms that can be compatible in the patch.

RavenOfRazgriz

It's already been stated that Journey of the Five currently does not work on modded PS1, modded PS2, EBOOT, or other similar formats.  While we are working to fix this, currently the only way to play Journey of the Five is on an emulator such as ePSXe, pSXfin, psxeven, etc.  The game will crash in various spots when played on a home console or on an EBOOT.

Argy

@elric. just to confirm it does work on android. i have tested v1.0 and 1.9. the emulator i was using is epsxe for android. (samsung galaxy note)

cheers argy

p.s. keep up the great work!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Elric

Irish~GoodBye

sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:.

and sorry in advance for my 2nd idiotic question.

what about my wii ps1 emulator WiiSx?