• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:37:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by Elric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Elric

(NOTE: Current Version is Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 v1.97e, so make sure you're up to date!)
(NOTE THE SECOND: Currently does NOT work on PSP or on PS1 Consoles.  This will be fixed at a later date.)

It's finally released!  The first Chapter in an epic story, pitting the most unlikely of forces both with and against each other to prevent the fabric of the entire multiverse from unraveling!

Enter the expansive land of Ivalice and join Ramza Beoulve and his younger sister Alma Beoulve as they cope with the less-than-favorable aftermath of both the Lion War and their own personal war against the Zodiac Beasts and their leader, the Bloody Angel Altima.  Forced into hiding, Ramza, under the assumed name Drake Seymour is reunited with one of the strangest of his previous companions - Cloud Strife, who Ramza met on his previous adventure after powering some kind of dimensional-forwarding device with one of the retrieved Zodiac Stones and calling him from his own world.  Though Cloud was returned to his own space after Altima's defeat due to reactions from the Zodiac Stones, he has returned to Ivalice through some unknown power - and this time he's not alone!

Joining Ramza and Cloud on their quest to unravel the mystery behind the powers distorting Ivalice and find a way home will be the pointy-earred warrior Link, the espionage expert known to most as Solid Snake, and the charismatic devil hunter Dante.  As the reality of Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, and many others begins to unravel and create a perfect storm of chaos within Ivalice, will these Five Knights be able solve the mystery of their summoning, vanquish whatever evil has befallen the land, and return to their own worlds?

Check below to download Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 today and begin your search for the answers to these questions and more!  Featuring a completely new quest, a battle system that's been rebuilt from the ground up, an entire new library of sprites, and much more, Journey of the Five is an experience not to be missed out on by any Final Fantasy Tactics fan or Strategy RPG fan in general!
  • Modding version: PSX

Elric

Who is spamming downloads? Lol I find it hard to believe it's been downloaded nearly 500 times already

Dome

It has been a LOOOONG wait
It's normal, be proud ;-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Elric

Dome

Quote from: Elric on March 29, 2013, 04:11:25 pm
Thank you Dome. Hope you enjoy Ch.1  :)

I will, and I'll also record my playthrough ;-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Elric

Great! Barren is also doing a video playthrough, I look forward to seeing both of them, and anyone else's as well.
Maybe I should do one myself.

Lijj

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8217.msg186674#msg186674
For those using epsxe. Here's a link that shows the perfect video plugin configuration for JOT5.  I tested it to make sure the map shows up perfectly along with weather effects. All the pixels show up perfectly too; no  irregular stretching or blurring, see link for more details and screenshots.

RavenOfRazgriz

Download updated to v1.1 to fix critical error that was only really in there due to some last minute confusion on files.

Expect a v1.2 later tonight when Elric gets back home to fix some end-Chapter event errors.

Halhod

Hey, i would really like to play this but i have no idea what to do once it's downloaded, it goes to winrar, but then what do i do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Halhod on March 31, 2013, 11:14:47 am
Hey, i would really like to play this but i have no idea what to do once it's downloaded, it goes to winrar, but then what do i do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Unzip the .PPF with WinRAR, WinZip, or whatever comrpession tool you have downloaded, then follow this tutorial to patch your .ISO/.IMG/.BIN with the .PPF.

savantopus

WOW!! Been playing the first 3 or 4 battles and I'm really impressed!! It's challenging! The battles have a good balance. And the story line is great. Seriously epic! The best FFHaktix patch I have played so far! I'm starting to compare it with the original FFT... maybe a hasty thought but so far so good. Cheers.
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

Elric

Quote from: savantopus on April 01, 2013, 04:31:16 am
WOW!! Been playing the first 3 or 4 battles and I'm really impressed!! It's challenging! The battles have a good balance. And the story line is great. Seriously epic! The best FFHaktix patch I have played so far! I'm starting to compare it with the original FFT... maybe a hasty thought but so far so good. Cheers.

Thank you very much, glad you are enjoying it, wait until you get some more progress ;)

tkul

Any chance of getting a change log for the patch? Would be nice to have an idea of how the jobs and abilities have changed so we don't have to try to setup blind

Elric

That's like reading a walk-through for a game you've never played before, everything ability wise has been changed from vanilla, everything is new.

If Raven decided to make a changelog for that then he's more than welcome, since that is his work.

RavenOfRazgriz

There are too many changes for a simple changelog, and we don't intend to release a Master Guide because this is not a patch like 1.3, FFT+, etc. where we're just rebalancing things.  You're intended to go through the game blind the way you would a brand new game because in a lot of ways Journey of the Five is a brand new game.

If the people playing feel like making their own master guide or whatever I won't stop them, but I have no intention of doing that.

RavenOfRazgriz

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 v1.3 is released!

BUG FIXES:

Snake's "Assassinate" skill now works properly when set to Auto Battle.
Cloud's "Finishing Touch" skill now works properly.
Oil is now removed with the Attack command.
Asura and [REDACTED] descriptions fixed.
[REDACTED] map now is no longer glitchy.
Brave Story glitches fixed.  (Will NOT affect existing saves.)

Other Fixes:

Final Boss [REDACTED] was made slightly easier.
Many Random Battles were edited to be a bit easier, so only a small number are now "Nintendo Hard".
Some other Misc stuff I'm probably forgetting.

RavenOfRazgriz

Download updated to Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 v1.4.

This is mostly a quick-fix for the crash errors some people experience during Chapter Boss [REDACTED].  It contains one or two other small cleanups as well for that part of the game that we overlooked previously but this is mainly just to fix that one crashing error.

scbw1234

RavenOfRazgriz

Emulators crash randomly.  Report the crash if it's consistent with which emulator you're using and your save file or quick save, etc.

Also, please use the Bug Reports thread to report these kinds of things, not the download thread.