• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:25:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Bug Reports

Started by Elric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

Rufio

August 22, 2014, 08:35:22 am #280 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:13:02 am by Rufio
hmm. upon looking again, it seems to have been messed up before Dorter.  Keep in mind I was level 30 before going to the other side of bariaus valley, so i dont know when it happened exactly.

Edit:  Upon further examination, the "job and ability reset bug" I had previously mentioned turned out to be a result of user error and possibly being dropped on my head as a child.  This bug does not, nor did it ever, exist.  Sorry for wasting time on it.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Hyraldelita

Guys is the quake spell going to be fixed? It doesn't hit enemies

Elric

Yes it does... Quake has 0 vertical tolerance. You need to be on the same level as the enemy.

That being said, I will adjust this.
  • Modding version: PSX

Hyraldelita

thank you!^^ but the main problem if i remember well is that the queake spell also hit yourself xD and cannot be casted far away, so at the moment is impossible to use it !=)

Nyzer

Yep, I tested this out. Quake was supposed to be castable anywhere along the line, so the caster could choose like 3 panels away and not hit themselves, but it wasn't working that way in practice. Elric's fixed it up and I think increased the vertical to 1 instead of 0 (or at least he was considering it :P) so in the rerelease it should actually be a usable skill.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Hyraldelita

September 15, 2015, 03:40:41 pm #285 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:23:49 pm by Hyraldelita
perfect! and thanks because i think is a nice skill + only earth elemental.^^

Ah and guys, this just happened XD

i have ramza with crossbow and with a critical i pushed the enemy back 2 square and he ended up on the rock , where you can't even go xD

I don't know if is worth mentioning this thing but i still thought i should have show you.

razarek

Not sure if anyone will see this but love the game! There is a bug with the spell quake. Im using ramza as a black mage, the targeting is wonky and always targets the caster. Psxfin emulator

Elric

Yeah, thats already been fixed for the rerelease, thank you though

Guyford

December 06, 2016, 12:42:11 pm #288 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:27:50 pm by Guyford
Hi! Just got through playing the crap out of this and have to say great job!  Wanted to weigh in with the few bugs I noticed.  I'm on ePSXe 1.9.25.  Sorry if some of these are repeats.
1.  The red spell ice only hits the first target(not necessarily the main target), then stops.
2.  The chicken mark referred to me as Ramza instead of Vance multiple times.
3.  The Poison Frog ability from the tier 3 lamia has a blank casting dialogue box.
4.  The Ashura Samurai ability also hits the user.  Not sure if this is intentional.
5.  You can "re-steal" a stolen empty head slot.
6. The Werewolf ability Roar has the incorrect targetable squares.  The effect is linear but it shows a normal "square" grid.
7. The brave lowering gave ability of floating eyes says it has 3 range but it has 4.
8. Dragons can hit themselves with the ability charge.
9.  Sorry I don't have a video for this but a squire on Bariaus Hill with no counter ability countered Ramza's Ultima by attacking Dante.  All three characters were lined up, with Ramza standing behind Dante with the female squire immediately infront of Dante.  Ramza cast Ultima only hitting the squire, who immediately attacked Dante after the Ultima damage showed up with no type of counter message.  Dante guarded(was defending from having used Ultimate) and then Ramza received exp/jp.  No idea what happened here and haven't been able to recreate it.
10. Incorrect damage was displayed for Ramza after protect wore.  Had Snake attack Ramza (both dragoons) head on after Ramza's protect wore but before Ramza's next turn.  The game said it would be 57 damage and when Ramza got hit it said 57 damage, but then he countered with damage split for 40.  Upon checking Ramza's hp, I saw he had 39 hp missing, but he had been at full health.  I then saw later attacks were coming up as 79 damage without protect, and concluded that the displayed damage accounted for the worn protect but the actual hp did not.
11. Red skeletons would not attack Ramza on a red chocobo in Sweegy Woods.  Even when immobilized next to him, they chose to wait.
12. Floating eye type enemies can use double magic on things that aren't magic and don't work with summoner double magic.  For example, they will double chakra, and will also double meteorain for extreme damage.  Its fun to kill them by making Ramza run into a group of them and ultima himself, but feels like an imbalance in gameplay.

13.  If Cloud learns shadow flare in the first portion of the Sephiroth battle, he forgets it when the second half begins.
14.  Ikanagi Shock is a now! ability that asks whether to target Unit or Panel.
15.  Mustadio can crystalize in the final battle.  Not sure if he's supposed to be in that flying worker 8 but I'm pretty sure Zelda is and she's in the next cutscene so...
16. On blue magic learning: Went back and saw that oil preventing reaction abilities is intentional.  However, it does not suppress find cover, and at least one other reaction ability whose identity I have forgotten which allow Animists to learn Ink despite the oil. 

Can't wait for chapter 2!

Swordmaster

Not sure if this has already been reported or not.  The screen shot was taken rather clumsily.  If anyone knows an easier way to take a screen shot, please let me know.

"Strong" is misspelled as "storng".  Can't remember the name of the Bandit skill she is using, but it adds Faith+10.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Angel

I rewrote pretty much everything in Chapter 1, so that should be very well fixed (if it wasn't fixed before my rewrite).
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

Quote from: Angel on February 20, 2017, 12:00:22 am
I rewrote pretty much everything in Chapter 1, so that should be very well fixed (if it wasn't fixed before my rewrite).

That's a spell quote. You didn't redo those. You redid a bunch of the dialogue for events that still needed it. Mostly for snake and dante IIRC.

Its fixed though as Nyzer redid most of the spell quotes when we were finalizing the abilities

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Swordmaster

Sounds like it would be best to wait until Chapter 1 rises from the ashes, reborn.  You guys have done a wonderful job so far.  I am greatly enjoying it.  I am a bit of a grammar-Nazi, so will post any errors I find, it that would be helpful.

Also, I just wanted to say that the writing is especially impressive.  And it takes quite a bit for me to be impressed.

Elric

Well I can pretty much guarantee you that any typos in that version have been taken care of. Between Angel, Nyzer and myself, I find it hard to believe any are left at this point.

Swordmaster

Then I shall wait for the Second Coming before reporting any errors.

Tails_Doll_Prower

I'm not all to certain if anyone has scene this little Sprite Glitch/bug, However- On the Back left and Back right, The front of it is all Fine.. But not sure if anything.

In case you wanna know what I'm using, RetroArch
Not sure if it's a Bug.. or the Emu-

I have nothing much to say further more, Solid work as far as I scene.. Can't wait to See how CH. 2 will be like!

Elric

Is that on the Chocobo sprite? shouldnt be any issues there since it's vanilla aside from the extra palettes added, but I'll check it out.

Tails_Doll_Prower

Quote from: Elric on September 22, 2019, 01:32:18 am
Is that on the Chocobo sprite? shouldnt be any issues there since it's vanilla aside from the extra palettes added, but I'll check it out.

Yes, I'm not all certain on why..I think a Pixel was one wide Selected, But I'll leave it to your Hands. If I see more of this, I'll report them here. However, good Luck to you.

Kataanira

hi im playing the 1.97e version and im not sure if you guys are aware of this but none of links arrow abilities work, the damage numbers are glitched when targeting enemies and when they hit they say they do 999 damage but they do no damage, also dantes drive ability hits everything for 999 damage and it does kill everything lol.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown