• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:46:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Bug Reports

Started by Elric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

MiKeMiTchi

I actually like it that way. That makes Asura a not so game-breaking weapon when given to Dante because of his low MP pool to begin with, if that's the case.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jumza

March 30, 2013, 10:52:30 pm #21 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:00:26 pm by Jumza
Also try it on a skeleton. They're weakness to fire may also have something to do with it. (and i was hitting a skeleton originally)

EDIT: Ok, now I am 100% sure thats why it isn't working. I think the game is applying the innate fire weakness of the undead, and not bothering to factor oil into it, because it removes oil on other targets, but not skeletons.

Damn you posted seconds before I edited my post XD. Oh well, glad I understand now.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

ePSXe 1.70, Dante, Asura, Oil proc on a Chemist, still yielded double damage.

I still can't replicate your problem.  Again, what enemy were you attacking?

NOT REALLY AN EDIT:

Yes, that'll do it, Jumza.   Oil won't give you double damage to a unit you already deal double damage to because it's coded to go through the Element Weakness routine.   It's not how I'd like it to be but it works.

Jumza

Sweegy Woods, the pre-battle event Leesha is not present when you get surrounded but she is when the battle starts, I think she should enter in the scene on Snake's right (your left). I know that technically that Cloud and Dante aren't in that scene either but you can still battle with them, it just kinda bugs me that Leesha isn't there :/.
Something to consider changing anyway.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

Your grievance has been noted for the future if/when we ever revisit Chapter 1's events for anything other than bug fixes, though I wouldn't expect something any time soon.  :v

Jumza

April 01, 2013, 03:11:54 am #25 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:16:20 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Description typo here.

Jumza

April 01, 2013, 03:41:36 am #27 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:04:26 am by Jumza
Event typo (oops forgot to put that last one is spoilers! I'll do it this time.)
I think it's supposed to be relive, not relieve.

I think I got another one,
Just because she's on a wall doesn't mean she has to fight it. Should be "all" I think.

Dang, I am on a roll with these things.
Even I don't know what she's trying to say... Maybe "when you're gone"?

In Zigolis Swamp, the rain and wind sounds persists into the formation screen.

Pride

After meeting Agrias in Dorter, I assumed she would have a brave story entry but... she did not. Not sure if its a bug or if it was intended.

During a random battle, ramza's profile during a spell quote was an enemies. I havent seen the bug again, playing on psxfin.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pride on April 01, 2013, 04:38:52 am
During a random battle, ramza's profile during a spell quote was an enemies. I havent seen the bug again, playing on psxfin.

You mention this like I have some clue as to what's going on there or how to fix it.  :u

That's just fucking weird, man.  Take some screenshots if it ever happens again, knowing what skill it's on would help, as would seeing the situation it happens in.

Pride

Ive seen errors like this before... not sure of the cause. I was mentioning it just in case others start seeing it too. It was one of Ramza's base set skills either wish, or encourage.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

If you've seen those kind of errors before, I can only assume you mean in other mods which means it's probably an emulation error of some kind.  I see no reason for that to happen otherwise honestly.

Xifanie

I've seen this bug only occur in mods, never in vanilla.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jumza

April 01, 2013, 11:31:41 am #33 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:28:51 pm by Jumza
Got another one,
It says they have damage split, but they actually have PA Save

This is a graphical one,
I didn't actually manage to snap a screenie of it, but in deleted scene 2 (sephiroth) a battle condition shows telling the player to defeat Adramelak. I would either change it to the sephiroth one, or remove the condition showing from the event entirely.

Typo
I think it should be we've, not weve.

This one is a spoiler within the game itself
This appeared before I hit Goug, after watching the 3 deleted scenes. I have yet to battle Ganondorf.

Uh?
I see you've added another difficulty factory to this battle known as "how far can I fucking move?" XD. Seriously though, this is an error within the map files itself, and I think can be fixed (Idk if it'd be easy or not) and can be fixed with Ganesha. You guys probably know this is here, and because all of the ranges for everything (move, abilities etc) are readily availible it's not that bad.
This was probably pointless to bring up, but I'll just leave it here because it should be listed in known bugs.

Walking on the spot during epic moments
I think there is a timing issue somewhere in the event because Ramza is walking on the spot here, unlike everyone else.

Ability incorrect-animation
I didn't get a pic of it, but Ganondorfs Warlock Punch's animation is him hitting you with a sword, you should change that to him punching you.

Accuracy Issue
Once again, no pictures (it's because I have to press fn as well as print screen, and I usually end up mashing the buttons next to them >.<) but Ganondorfs Energy Barrage is not 100% accurate. When he targets a character, like Ramza it will show up as hitting for 100% chance, however Ramza can still guard the attack. (this is just what happened to me) And every other member can guard it as well.

RavenOfRazgriz

The "Defeat Aldramelk" is intentional because those are scrapped events that were left in whatever form they were last in before we stopped using them.  There's a reason they suck, have terrible and badly formatted scripts, etc.  Nothing in any Deleted Scene is a bug.

Besriodio's House is not a bug, it's a feature, your characters are sick and having a harder time fighting so your range previews don't work anymore.  Did you not read the text at the start of the fight mister. :u

Otherwise the ability descriptions and battle animations are fixed.

Script and Event issues will be fixed later today when I go through them with Elric once he gets home.

That last error is just weird and I need to go yell at Choto.

Jumza

April 01, 2013, 04:18:11 pm #35 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:25:11 pm by Jumza
Well all those errors in the deleted scenes were funny.

I do read the text before the battles! How else would I catch all these errors? (Although, as you've pointed out half of them were intentional) It's not like they said "I can't see where I can move because of *spoilers* evil power!" (although that would have been pretty lolzy)

Also another Leesha-like thing that's bugging me.
When you go outside of Besrodios house to confront Ganondorf again, CLOUD IS MISSING! This is a pretty epic battle, and I don't think he would miss it :/

Xifanie

April 01, 2013, 10:37:33 pm #36 Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:31:56 pm by Xifanie
Assassinate gains 3 extra range under AI control regardless of the weapon equipped? And bugs camera zoom
Trick shot makes the camera zoom to 200% or something, and you have to fix it manually
Araguay woods camera for the battle doesn't seem to be set at 100% zoom
Finishing Touch is TRASH! 5-7% chance to hit, not even worth trying
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Celdia

Feel free to delete this post if it's covered above but I'm avoiding reading the spoiler tags.
Not sure if this counts as a bug since it isn't something that fails to function, but Cloud's "Cntr Deathblow" Reaction both requires you to have and consumes 26 MP on use. Really just looking for some kind of note to be added to the skill description about this. Obviously I don't need it but other people might wonder why the reaction isn't triggering and they might not have the know-how to troubleshoot the reason.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

April 03, 2013, 02:29:26 am #39 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:29:38 am by Celdia
A couple things I ran into on my way to Dorter.
Everything I picked up this time is under Brave Story/People.
Tensya: Typo, unsavory spelled unsavvory.
[Immediately upon completing the Dorter events and getting Agrias] Alma: Her text here now says she's been kidnapped by Romar. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss an event on my way here...
Daravon: Just a nitpick, but I don't think the very last comma in his entry is needed.

Quickedit:
Also, after returning to Lionel, the text for Alma is back to normal and King Delita's entry has Seymour spelled incorrectly as 'Seymore'
  • Discord username: Celdia#0