• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:43:17 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Bug Reports

Started by Elric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

Elric

March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:09:38 am by RavenOfRazgriz
All Bugs should be listed here, the OP will be updated with current known bugs,
and will be crossed out when they are confirmed fixed.

Hopefully there aren't too many since we did bug test the hell out of this.

Also, please accompany your bug report with a screenshot
of the error if you can capture one of it, and please make your description of the
error as specific as possible.

As Elric said did a lot of bugtesting across many different emulators for this release,
so if you find a bug chances are we will need to know your emulator, as much info
as you can on how to recreate it, and a screenshot to give it context just to be able
to find the damn thing.
- Raven

Known Bugs:

None!
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Links Whirlwind Blade ability has a description stating that it has an effect of 2, however it appears to be 1.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

An effect of 2 in-game is classed as being a cross-area.  Whirlwind Blade is a cross-area.  You're mixing up the way that FFT notes AoE effects and how people tend to write them in things like Arena.

My descriptions are formed to be congruent to the notation used by Vanilla FFT, and as far as that is concerned:

Effect 1 = single target
Effect 2 = cross-target

Etc.

Jumza

March 29, 2013, 07:23:57 pm #3 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:37:16 pm by Jumza
Oh ok, I guess I'm used to reading FFTPatcher settings, thanks!

Mmk error in the text this time,
I sincerely hope this description isn't accurate, I don't think I'm comfortable as classifying enemies as half-vegetables just because they look old. (:lol:)
If the image goes down for some reason, (which it often does for me), the description for beastmaster (Babus' Job) says that he is "Half-beats" instead of half beast.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Elric

hahahahahaha!
Goddammit Raven.

Celdia

I've got some reports that are pretty much all text/grammar things; either consistency in form or things that felt wrong when I read them.

Move help text uses 'Gear' where Jump and Speed use 'Items'. Attack Scores help text also uses 'Gear'.

On reflection, the way the Jump and Speed help text seems odd in general.

Evasion help texts alternate between of/with from Class/Shield/Accessory. I suppose either works but again it makes my consistency nerve itch.

Hi-Ether skill help text inconsistent. Has spaces after the colons. I didn't see these spaces on any other item skill text.

Journal Entry 3, first sentence, page 2. "right in plain site".  Incorrect use of "site". Should be "sight".

Letter from Orlandu: "shaln't" isn't a word unless you're using a different dictionary than I am. Proper form is "shan't".

Letter from Olan: "saw you both pass.." If that's the end of the sentence you have one too many periods. If it is supposed to be an ellipsis then there are one too few. Third page, not sure why Delita's has the  's  on it.  Also third page, "I'll make sure its shown" that "its" should be "it's".

Journal Entry 8: 2nd page, last sentence, the second 'though' after the ellipsis feels awkward/excessive because of the 'though' not 4 words before it.

Protect and Shell status help text: Both list as reducing damage to .66%  That's less than 1%. I don't think you need the  .  there.

I think that's everything so far. Haven't noticed anything mechanically malfunctioning. Just the text stuff. Jumza already noted the BEATS above.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Celdia on March 29, 2013, 08:39:57 pmMove help text uses 'Gear' where Jump and Speed use 'Items'. Attack Scores help text also uses 'Gear'.

On reflection, the way the Jump and Speed help text seems odd in general.

I need screenshots of this because I'm not seeing this error in my .FFTTEXT file.

All other reported text/etc errors will be fixed in whenever we do the first bugfix release.

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Jumza

I have 3 Hi-Potions... But what do they do?

RavenOfRazgriz

Strange, not only do I remember this being reported back during beta testing, I remember fixing it.  Maybe I forgot to press Save. :v

This might happen with a couple other Items too, but they function in-game fine.  It'll be fixed in the 1.01 release.

Jumza

March 30, 2013, 05:33:58 pm #12 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:43:26 pm by Jumza

After defeating Tesnya (FINALLY took me all day >.<), everyone on my team that was dead quickly stood up before "congratulations" appeared, and then I recieved my rewards etc... then the scene changed to this, with Agrias and everyone else walking on the spot. Then as you can see a bunch of text boxes appear above Agrias' head with Ramza portrait, but they're names are Rad, Alicia (or lavian I forget) Alma and sephiroth, then an effect goes off but the camera flies off the map first, then back on. This happens several times, as more text appears then the scene changes and I'm prompted to save.
Also the Tutorial music was playing.

What just happened?

I have a save before the battle, and Save State at the very end (just one guy left with 7 or 5 hp, because I wanted to see if Cloud or Ramza could learn any skills from Tesnya's crystal) if someone want's to check if it's just my emulator or something.

RavenOfRazgriz

March 30, 2013, 05:58:40 pm #13 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:12:34 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
...Goddamnit, I know exactly what happened.

A certain somebody fixed another error then gave me a new TEST.EVT that didn't contain the fix for an error I had to fix myself because he forgot to add it to his.  Give me... 5 minutes.

EDIT: Fixed.  You can load a state from directly before killing Tesnya or a Save File from before the battle and defeat him to see the proper cutscene now, so please download v1.1.  v1.1 also fixes all reported text errors.

Jumza

I do believe that there is something wrong with the Asura weapon.
It appears to be a fire elemental weapon because when you strike with it a red cloud appears like it does with all fire elemental weapons.
It gives Oil as well.

The fact that it gives Oil is not in the description, and even though it looks like a fire elemental weapon, it does not do extra damage or remove oil from an oiled target.

EDIT: Also, when a unit is oiled and has a movement ability, at the end of a move the game pauses like its showing a jp-move up action, but no text appears. Even if you have JP-move up on. (I am un-sure whether or not this stops it from working). Even with no movement skill, the game still makes that pause after you finish moving.

RavenOfRazgriz

That's... strange?  The description is definitely a typo and is now fixed.

I've never had an issue with the Asura not operating like a Fire weapon though.  What skill are you using it with? 

EDIT: And yes, that's a normal property of Oil now.  It suppresses trigger skills.

Jumza

March 30, 2013, 10:21:11 pm #16 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:38:00 pm by Jumza
Skill? Attack. It's weird though because I have it on Dante, and when I use round trip it adds an extra 30 or so damage to the attack, even if it's not from behind. Makes it seem like the skill is activating the fire part of it.

Thats cool about oil though. I like how you've extra effects to make status' more detrimental to the target, like poison getting rid of MP as well as HP.

EDIT: Odd, Dante hit a bomb with the Asura and it healed it, so the element is definitely working. It's just not removing oil (could it be removing it, and then re-applying it without showing?)

RavenOfRazgriz

Using Attack Command on a Squire at Bariaus Hill with Dante, Asura, and Oil on target.  I get 63 damage and my base damage is 32.  Using pSXfin 1.13.

What enemy were you trying to hit and on what Emulator?  I can't recreate this at all.

Jumza

I edited my above post, I think the damage is probably going up. But it's not removing oil, see my theory above.
I use ePSXe 1.7.0