• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:15:12 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can't wait :_:

Started by Hyraldelita, December 04, 2015, 05:33:45 pm

Nyzer

December 29, 2015, 03:55:04 pm #40 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:29:52 pm by nyzer
I'll point out again that Delita's personality has deteriorated somewhat. More importantly, he has to distance himself from unsavory actions now, which requires plausible deniability via using a mercenary thieves' guild rather than sending out known associates. And he has to do it this way because not only does he need to appear to be a hero to the country in order to keep his power and begin the country's recovery from literally decades of war immediately followed by a brutal civil war, but also because the last time he failed to distance himself from those actions, he ended up turning his own wife against him, which nearly cost him everything.

And it's obvious he doesn't actually trust Romar and Tesnya, or else he wouldn't have had to offer both the carrot of money and the stick of potential execution in the exact same conversation.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Hyraldelita

that Conversation of Delita with Romar, is not about distrust of loyalty, but more a distrust of failing the task he give them, or at least this is what i remember.

Still Delita has never been a fake hero, so he doesn't really need to hide much, he killed many of the nobles, stopped a war and brought back peace to Ivalice, i don't see why he need to send thieves and assassins around, plus from the plot it look like before, sending romar to deal with Ramza Delita already used them.

Mine it doesn't want to be a complain, but i really think a character like Delita would never use those kind of people to do things.
I don't want to think that Delita at the end become like the nobles himself killed for revenge, and to bring back peace.

At least this in the way i see Delita, of course after my point of view , there can be lot more XD

Guru

January 03, 2016, 02:07:52 am #42 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:53:45 pm by Guru
Quote from: Hyraldelita on January 02, 2016, 11:44:14 pm
that Conversation of Delita with Romar, is not about distrust of loyalty, but more a distrust of failing the task he give them, or at least this is what i remember.

Still Delita has never been a fake hero, so he doesn't really need to hide much, he killed many of the nobles, stopped a war and brought back peace to Ivalice, i don't see why he need to send thieves and assassins around, plus from the plot it look like before, sending romar to deal with Ramza Delita already used them.

Mine it doesn't want to be a complain, but i really think a character like Delita would never use those kind of people to do things.
I don't want to think that Delita at the end become like the nobles himself killed for revenge, and to bring back peace.

At least this in the way i see Delita, of course after my point of view , there can be lot more XD

He's not hiding but he is king of a country now so it requires more finesse now. He can't be running around the country killing heretics like a badass. That leaves his only option really....hire some mercenaries to do his dirty work. And i don't think nyzer was specifically talking about loyalty I think he was just saying in general he doesn't trust them at all. That's just my opinion  :P

Nyzer

January 04, 2016, 01:43:40 pm #43 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:29:21 pm by nyzer
QuoteI don't want to think that Delita at the end become like the nobles himself killed for revenge, and to bring back peace.

The whole point of Delita's story was that he had to use the nobles' methods. Just because he ended up as the king by the end of FFT doesn't mean that the need to resort to underhanded techniques would suddenly go away. And the situation that pops up shortly after the start of Jot5 is exactly the kind of situation he needs to keep at arm's length if at all possible.

Delita's final legacy is still canon: His rule still ushers in a golden age for Ivalice. But this story isn't set at the end of his rule when this is already an accomplished feat. This is still the transitional period. And Ivalice has spent most of the last 60 years in either a prolonged, seemingly endless war, or in a civil war, which is even worse for the population's morale. The calm hasn't had a chance to settle in yet. Things are still pretty rough around Ivalice. Not everyone who caused problems under the old system has been brought to heel.

And he does have things he needs to hide. For one? He killed the Queen shortly after being crowned. Doesn't matter that it happened in self-defense, the mere fact that it happened would be enough to cast a shadow over everything he's trying to accomplish, if it were to come to light.
Agrias can't confirm anything, but she's sure of it all the same, and she flat out said so to Ramza in her letter.
Given who Ramza is, and what he's capable of, what would happen if he decides that Delita's too far gone to trust as the man in charge of Ivalice? Even if Delita "wins" a confrontation like that, he'd have to kill Ramza to do it, and Delita isn't especially fond of being forced to kill the people he cares about.

So Delita has to handle some things under the table. Ramza's no fool, of course - even in early FFT he knows that not everything is black and white - but Delita learned, the hard way, that it's not about what you do and why, but what people think you're trying to do.

FFT was very explicit in showing that both Delita and Ramza's approaches were needed to pull Ivalice out of the civil war. Without Delita's work, Ramza would have lost Ovelia twice over just in Chapter 2, and Ramza was condemned as a heretic by the end of the game because he just kept charging into everything instead of using any subtlety at all. Not to mention the number of times Ramza's enemies just decided to go after the people he cared about. Hell, Alma's only still alive because she turned out to be a potential vessel for Altima.

It's not about Delita being a "fake hero", it's about the fact that Ivalice is still a country that would chew fairy tale heroes up within a week.

KingUrameshi

I would express caution in this Delita debate in order to avoid any accidental spoilers. I can see more into where the story may go and I would like to go into it blind if I could. The points about Agrias make me think a lot and I would hate to jump the gun just yet (not that anything has been spoiled).

Then again I could just stop reading the posts.  :D
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Guru

January 04, 2016, 03:46:35 pm #45 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:57:09 pm by Guru
Nah you are right. I will edit my post to contain spoilers. Sorry if we spoiled anything for ya but at least not much has been revealed yet so you will have plenty to look forward to in the next chapters  :P. I will try to be more careful about spoilers.

*edit* How do you change the spoiler box to say something besides spoiler? I tried id, name, and title but none worked.

Elric

[ spoiler=things ]

Without the spaces
  • Modding version: PSX

Hyraldelita

i don't see any spoiler honestly, it's look more like comparing different point of view to me ^^ i know nothing of kot5 so i can't spoil , and i don't think even if nyzer knew he would make a big mistake like that.

Elric

Quote from: Hyraldelita on January 06, 2016, 04:42:10 am
i don't see any spoiler honestly, it's look more like comparing different point of view to me ^^ i know nothing of kot5 so i can't spoil , and i don't think even if nyzer knew he would make a big mistake like that.

Delita working with the Twins can be considered a spoiler to someone who hasn't played Jot5 before.

KingUrameshi

No real spoilers yet I was just cautioning against getting to in depth and accidently guessing correctly some plot points that might be planned for the game. I also have no insider info as what will go down in Jot5 but thinking too much about the relationship between certain characters may lessen some of the fun of the game.

I don't want to tell anyone what they can and cannot write just trying to get the most fun out of the game as I can.

Pandemoniu

Quote from: KingUrameshi on January 06, 2016, 07:19:49 am
No real spoilers yet I was just cautioning against getting to in depth and accidently guessing correctly some plot points that might be planned for the game. I also have no insider info as what will go down in Jot5 but thinking too much about the relationship between certain characters may lessen some of the fun of the game.

I don't want to tell anyone what they can and cannot write just trying to get the most fun out of the game as I can.

Something like this that makes you think would do the exact opposite for me.

Nyzer

Any spoilers I end up "revealing" for the storyline other than what's currently released are deliberate lies because
Naked Raiden confirmed as Snake's replacement in the rerelease!
No, not really.

I didn't think about people who hadn't yet played through Ch. 1 though. Whoops!

QuoteSomething like this that makes you think would do the exact opposite for me.

Heh, well, it depends. Sometimes hyping something up too much and investing too much attention in it can actually backfire on you. I remember being very hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2 before it released, based on how much I loved the first two games in the series, but I ended up regretting it later.
Of course, that was because a lot of the game was bungled - the difficulty was greatly decreased, the magic system was revamped in a way I wasn't too happy with, the main character's initial naivety from the first games was turned up to eleven, and a massive portion of the story from the GBA game was dropped with no real explanation. (Oh, I've been unconscious long enough to go though a growth spurt while asleep, there's no one waiting here as we wake up, and the only hint about it is that we have to thank someone we don't remember? Let's promptly ignore all of that and never bring it up again for the entire rest of the series! Ugh.)

And I really doubt Elric would screw up that badly, heh.

Hyraldelita

Well.... i honestly doubt someone that didn't play the 1 chapter will come and read this post, even for minor spoiler, plus is not a real spoiler for a few reasons!

Aniway, Delita Reign u_u

Guru

Get this what if delita gets a hold of one of the holy stones right.....And it turns him into raiden!! The naked king of Ivalice, definitely got a ring to it lol.
No need to thank me elric  :mrgreen:

Hyraldelita

i will die for curiosity before the chapter 2 come out XD or the re release ahahaha

Jumza

We get closer and closer to releasing every day, we promise :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bonesy

every time someone makes a post relating to the re-release coming out you should delay it a day ayyy
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Elric

Nah, I don't mind people asking in the slightest, I only feel bad that it hasn't been released yet. However, I'd feel worse putting out a project that didn't live up to the potential we have. Yes, the crafting system and other additions have taken quite a while, but at the same time, the re-release will make the initial release look like the demo lol.

Bonesy

i wish more game devs had that attitude, early access is ruining gaming :V
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

KingUrameshi

Here's a friendly reminder that you guys are AWESOME and take all the time you need.

Currently playing ShellShock Live, Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition and Skies of Arcadia. And do yourselves a favor and watch Rick and Morty if you haven't. Probably the best show on TV!