• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:02:45 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can't wait :_:

Started by Hyraldelita, December 04, 2015, 05:33:45 pm

Hyraldelita

in 2 weeks it will be this post anniversary ahahahah 4 december 2015 when i wrote it, and still can't wait to play.

Hyraldelita

so its now 2 years and a half XD

Elric

Yes, these mods take a lot of time and we have to take breaks from time to time to work on other things.

We had someone working on the gathering marks but they disappeared. Those are basically our biggest hurdle right now and they are such a pain no one seems to want to do them lol.

The project will go on as always, working on chapter 3 and 4 stuff, but until the gathering marks are done, there isnt much we can do for thr re-release of chapter 1 as well as chapter 2 just yet.
  • Modding version: PSX

Swordmaster

Thanks for the update, Elric.  'Tis appreciated.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Hyraldelita

i just wanted to say we're still alive and waiting ^^
I'm sorry to hear that something disappeared, does that mean it's going to be in "stop" because of that?

Nyzer

We're still progressing, just slowly.

I personally switched jobs - went from 5-7 hours a day to a minimum of 10+ and more unpaid time away from home. So progress is at a crawl on my end.

Real life just has to come first. And I know that's the case for many of the others, too.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

Indeed we are still working on things. Im currently working out some scripts and flow for chapters 3 and 4. We are at a snag on the rerelease of ch1 and ch2 release, which is why you havent seen a release as of yet.

However that doesnt mean we arent still pushing where we can on other parts of the mod.

Hyraldelita

Guys i think honestly that just with you telling this once every few months would be enough for people to know they have to wait and can't complain since as Nyzer said, real life always comes first, there is no "but" there..

We can imagine that you guys are busy ,but knowing why help a lot not to think things like "They're taking too much time for no reason" of stupid things like this.
I personally know many people think this when they don't know you guys are having a hard time, or your job takes away all your time.

when i work in korea that's 12 hours or work every day, so i know what it mean to be busy and to not have time.

Just give "us" some news about why its taking so long and i think that will suffice to make people understand. (its like you have to do it, of course, its just to make the wait easier) ^^

Maybe its only me, but since im gratefull for what the team is doing, i also care to know how your life goes in general :)

Plan C

Just wanted to say it is nice to still see progress being made on this great mod, despite the re-release snag (such a bummer to hear). However, just like the last 2 years I will continue to support what you guys do here and will keep waiting patiently until Ch1 makes its reappearence. Im sure it will be worth the wait.

Apfrosty

Quote from: Elric on May 26, 2018, 11:31:15 am
Yes, these mods take a lot of time and we have to take breaks from time to time to work on other things.

We had someone working on the gathering marks but they disappeared. Those are basically our biggest hurdle right now and they are such a pain no one seems to want to do them lol.

The project will go on as always, working on chapter 3 and 4 stuff, but until the gathering marks are done, there isnt much we can do for thr re-release of chapter 1 as well as chapter 2 just yet.

Not sure if you've confirmed this before, (i couldnt find about it anywhere), the next release will be all chapters or just chapter 2?

Nyzer

June 23, 2018, 05:42:56 pm #130 Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:18:21 pm by Nyzer
Just Chapter 1 and 2. We've got the rough outline of a story for Ch. 3, but are nowhere near done with its events or anything.

The good news is that once this rerelease is all clear, future chapters shouldn't take anywhere near as long.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

enricopintos

I have to admit that i've never had this kind of expectation for such and old game... I mean, it was released in the end of the 90s.
And like 5 or 6 years (I thinks more or less) since i've been following this mod. I've been through 2 gfs, 3 jobs and finished college!

Will keep waiting, take your time and don't rush it, loved the first chapter!!