• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:46:32 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sound Novel Testers Wanted!

Started by Elric, October 15, 2015, 01:05:41 pm

Elric

As some of you have probably already noticed. I've been working on the inputting the Sound Novels into the game in English. (3 out of 4 are in english now)

Due to how busy most of the team is with what they are already working on for Jot5 we would like some people to volunteer to test some of these. All of them function as intended, the testing is mainly for any spelling errors or bad delays in text (or anything else that seems out of place). Nyzer and Jumza have been doing a lot of testing on these and have found most of the bugs. However I can only ask them to test and re-test so many times.

If you are interested in helping out with these, there are a few conditions:

- Your account must have been active for at least 60 days
- You need to have had some kind of interaction with people on the forum or IRC
- You must not have any warnings

I only say this, because this work is still in Beta and I don't want it released until it is ready to be so. I would prefer members that have been around a while to help out with something like this as I feel I could trust them a bit more than someone who just registers and offers to help without any credibility.

If you meet these, and are interested send me a PM. I may send you 1, 2 or all 3 of the novels. I should respond within a few hours, or no more than half a day (only because I am currently very sick)

Serious members only! If you end up wanting to help and I send you the files, I expect to hear back from you within 1 day. I make updates and fixes as soon as I receive them and at that time I make a new patch for them.

-HUGE credits to Xifanie for making an absolutely amazing tool that I used to put these in game, but I won't spoil anything on that until it's finished and avaliable. Just know that without her, this would have taken me months/years instead of weeks.

-Translation credits go to Heian (aka DuranBubba) I've only changed some wording to either make it fit in the allotted space to make it make more sense, due to them having to be translated out of page order.

• Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

None of the Sound Novels are particularly long or terribly difficult to go through. The Oeilvert story is complex, and the path to the good ending is a bit counterintuitive, but aside from that it's quick and enjoyable. So if any of you are looking for something to do while waiting on the rerelease, and you're interested - give them a try!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown