• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:04:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Who is the Cloaked Stranger

Started by DaHammerCrush, October 02, 2015, 10:36:36 am

Elric

But, Zelda is in Ch1 :o That wouldn't make a lot of sense lol
  • Modding version: PSX

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on December 04, 2015, 08:27:17 pm
But, Zelda is in Ch1 :o That wouldn't make a lot of sense lol

In fact, aren't the stranger and Zelda on screen together at one point, albeit temporarily?

KingUrameshi

December 06, 2015, 05:25:31 pm #42 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:21:13 pm by Toshiko
I know who the Cloaked Stranger is:

:Insert Rick Roll Here:

Let that be the end of it.  :cool:

And also for anyone who has never;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDV6VksSRU

Edit: Double posting in less than ten minutes? Shame on you. -Toshiko
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Tempest

I would have to say the Cloaked stranger is an original FFT character whom people think is dead, or out of the picture. I dont think it is Orlandu. I would probably be able to narrow it down better if i had actually played JOT5 xD, once i play the re release of chapter 1 i will give this some serious thought :p

Guru

Quote from: Tempest on June 03, 2016, 10:09:58 pm
I would have to say the Cloaked stranger is an original FFT character whom people think is dead, or out of the picture. I dont think it is Orlandu. I would probably be able to narrow it down better if i had actually played JOT5 xD, once i play the re release of chapter 1 i will give this some serious thought :p

Ha I forgot how funny this section was I had to read it again! It's a talking racoon, no a stalk of corn haha. I did have a couple of guesses I was thinking the same thing about someone from FFT we thought was dead. I'm surprised no one guessed him, but I was thinking it was the Gaffman. Would be a perfect fit, gaff has tons to repent for and would be an awesome character to bring back.

Either that or the CS could be from cloud or dante's world, maybe rufus? That theory has all sorts of holes in it though (all of which could be filled), the main one being how did rufus get to Ivalice in the first place.

I also like the idea that the cloaked stranger is the one who brought the 5 MCs to Ivalice(which is a really good possibility IMO), but this leaves so many options that it's not even worth it for me to guess( I mean shit he/she could be from ANY game at that point).

Elric

Well well well, we actually got some good guesses this time around :P

Gafgarion and Orlandu are both pretty unique guesses, however incorrect (since Gafs crystal popped in Vanilla).

I will also say that the CS is neither from Cloud or Dante's world

But that's probably the last bit of info I will give. I mean honestly I don't expect anyone to ever guess it, and if they did, they would be hard pressed to explain the logic behind it without knowing the full story of Jot5, however Guru -may- be onto something with that last bit he said there ;)

HebrewToYou

My thought was always with Olan Durai - he has the skillset built around astrology and time manipulation. And, based on the timeline of the story thus far, I don't think he has been burned at the stake yet by the Church of Glabados.

Nyzer

QuoteGafs crystal popped in Vanilla

And around these parts, that's deader than dead. Hell, it's so dead that I don't even think you can set up a Cure: Crystal spell in the Patcher. When you're so dead that the game can't even be modded to restore you to life, I think you're beyond any dramatic returns in the sequel. ;) Bet that Petrify immunity doesn't seem like such a good idea for Gaffy in hindsight, huh?

Tempest

June 04, 2016, 11:42:59 am #48 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:38:02 pm by Tempest
I have two guesses, having said earlier that i do not think it is Orlandu.  its either Zalbaag (never crystalized but was brought back as a vampire, perhaps he wasn't completely written out because of those happenings. I feel like the Cloaked Stranger has to have some sort of motive in wanting to assist the 5 and has some connection to Ramza outside of being responsible for bringing the 5 together.

If i am wrong it has to be a divine or mystical character from the FF series. If that is taken into consideration the prime suspect would be one who looks out for the stability of the realms and has the power to bring the 5 together. I would have to guess that this person is Cosmos, whom is regarded as a goddess of harmony. I have a hard time seeing anybody else having the ability and knowledge of other realms to bring these warriors together.

I actually agree it could very well be Olan Durai, with his skill set it would make complete sense. And his being hunted by the church for the Durai papers would compliment the reason why he does not show his face.

Nyzer

QuoteIf i am wrong it has to be a divine or mystical character from the FF series. If that is taken into consideration the prime suspect would be one who looks out for the stability of the realms and has the power to bring the 5 together. I would have to guess that this person is Cosmos, whom is regarded as a goddess of harmony. I have a hard time seeing anybody else having the ability and knowledge of other realms to bring these warriors together.

You're assuming that the force responsible for that event was a benevolent one! Remember that even though the Five were brought together, the four otherworlders were stripped of all weapons, dropped outside a locked castle, and immediately attacked by a pack of monsters. If that event was deliberate... how much of it was deliberate? ;)

Tempest

Deliberate or not, those monsters quite possibly would have shown up regardless and perhaps the help was needed. With the Zodiac stones and other magics already available in the series it of course is possible with in game lore to summon those 4. However given the specific people who were taken; who are heroes in their own individual worlds... leads me to believe it was done by somebody whos interests lie in the balance of power and peace of the realm. Those heroes taken from their homes without their weaponry does imply a less than benevolent power in the works, however that could have been intentional as well. It is possible they needed to struggle and become stronger to face the challenges that were yet to come. It could be well written in many different ways, its hard to decipher at this point which route was taken, but its so much fun to try and guess :)

Elric

Guru

QuoteBut that's probably the last bit of info I will give. I mean honestly I don't expect anyone to ever guess it, and if they did, they would be hard pressed to explain the logic behind it without knowing the full story of Jot5, however Guru -may- be onto something with that last bit he said there ;)

Hehe way to give a hint, while at the same time adding many more questions  :mrgreen: I'll have to give this some more thought before the next guess lol (after some much needed sleep).

I do agree with Tempest, and I'm leaning more toward the benevolent side as well. Especially from some of the scenes we get with the CS. Elric is awfully confident we won't guess it so I'd say it's a good possibility it's from a different game all together, but what is his/her connection with Ivalice? Hmm.....

Bonesy

is the cloaked stranger beavis or butthead or three midgets in a cloak
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Nyzer

Quoteis the cloaked stranger beavis or butthead

dude what

QuoteYou've somehow gotten further away from the not even close you were before... and even that wasn't even close. These are literally just random names thrown out O_o

Xifanie

This is Bonesy. He was serious.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bonesy

the real cloaked stranger was the friends we made along the way
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Elric

Tempest

Best guess so far - 3 midgets in a cloak.