• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:27:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Who is the Cloaked Stranger

Started by DaHammerCrush, October 02, 2015, 10:36:36 am

DaHammerCrush

October 02, 2015, 10:36:36 am Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:30:35 am by Toshiko
While we do not expect to get a positive answer from the devs in advance of the reveal in the game we can all speculate and talk about who would be cool to see, or who makes some sort of sense in this role. We know its definitely Raiden anyway because Elric has such deep affection for that guy, but lets all have a little fun guessing and when we do find out in the game the one that got it right (if anyone does) will have bragging rights.

My first guess was the original Boss for MGS3 - it was confirmed as wrong so guess #2 is Genesis from Crisis Core (He would have access to Materia and would have a desire to lead the troops against Sephi)

-Crush

Edit: Meant to say an affirmative answer, using the word positive up there makes it sound like I'm complaining.

Don't double post to make a correction. -Toshiko

KingUrameshi

I think the cloaked stranger is Mr. Green in the ballroom with the candlestick. :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Bounty Hunter Lani

I think the Cloaked Stranger is either Gabranth, Basch, Batman, Liquid Snake, Captain America, Yuna, a giant stalk of corn, He Who Walks Behind The Rows, or Elric himself.

Or Elric and co. are throwing us off, and it's Tseng after Crisis Core.  :shock:

Or is it Kefka toying with the heroes...?  :?

Or Cecil of Final Fantasy IV? Or Golbez?
...Golbez would be bigger though, right?  :|

Well it could be Hope or Lightning, because I'm sure Elric wouldn't mind writing them off as soon as they reveal themselves...  :mrgreen:

It still could be a Star Ocean character as well, but I've never played a single one... Hmm...

I give up if none of these guesses are it, because I'd never get it otherwise  :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark:

Elric

Not a single one has even been close.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 02, 2015, 01:00:13 pm
I think the cloaked stranger is Mr. Green in the ballroom with the candlestick. :mrgreen:

Lol I hope so :P

Oh wait, I know who it is. Never mind (muahahaha)

Elric you're giving so many hints! They might narrow it down eventually :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Elric

Quote from: Jumza on October 02, 2015, 03:16:26 pm
Elric you're giving so many hints! They might narrow it down eventually :P

LOL, you've -SEEN- the stuff they've been guessing. You already know they won't guess it correctly :P

Bounty Hunter Lani

I know I said I'd give up, but I have a new batch of guesses.  ;)

Here goes:

Ezio, Roxas, Axel, A Final Fantasy IV Eidolon, Garnet, another Cloud, Vergil, Dante's sister, Colonel Sanders, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Adam Sandler, Jumza, a walking baby Behemoth, Biblos, Boco, Delita, Sparda, Glenn Quagmire, possibly someone from The Legend of Dragoon,  One of those bean people from Team Buddies, Beowulf, Alma, Alma, Alma, Alma, Ash of Vandal Hearts, T.G. Cid, or Wesker.

I hope some of these are remotely close this time...

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

You've somehow gotten further away from the not even close you were before... and even that wasn't even close. These are literally just random names thrown out O_o

Clutching at straws is not your friend.

Bounty Hunter Lani

Then my final guesses until Monday are...

Sephiroth, a talking raccoon, Jeff the Killer, an original character, a moogle, Zack, Aeris, Beatrix, Rufus Shinra, Terra of Kingdom Hearts, Terra of FF6, or... the Chupacabra? :welcome: :welcome:

Elric

O_o

Sephiroth is already in the game, as are flashes of Zack and Aeris and it's also well known that Jeff the Killer stars in a mark in Ch2. So how are these even guesses?

Also, to hell with Kingdom Hearts and everything it stands for.

Rufus is FF7 and it's been said there won't be any further characters from the same game than what you've already seen asside from possible future bosses.

It is not a mexican goat killer or big foot.

It is not Rocket.

It is not a fox

It is not in a box

these are all incorrect, Sam I am,

no go eat some green eggs and ham...

I won't post in this thread anymore, since these guesses are just getting silly at this point...

However, you all may continue to list any name that comes to the top of your head. (Still fairly confident that even still, no one will get it.)

Angel

I still wanted it to be a fox, but I may be biased. :I

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on October 02, 2015, 11:04:39 pm

Also, to hell with Kingdom Hearts and everything it stands for.

THANK YOU!!

Nyzer

October 03, 2015, 07:34:50 pm #14 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:28:57 pm by Elric
Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 03, 2015, 01:21:43 pm
THANK YOU!!

Well, screw you guys then.

Also yeah, thirty random names aren't really worth commenting on. Best to focus on characters it actually could be, y'know? And maybe talk about why your choice would be justified. That's something that can spark some discussion.

But if you want a hint, I guess I can say [Deleted by Elric]

KingUrameshi

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh! :cry:

Keep your damned magic kingdom out of my Final Fantasy. We are destroyers of worlds not huggers of sheep.

Bolt 2, Fire 2, Ice 2... get on the airship and deal the damn cards already!

THIS IS NOT REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!

Elric

I just never understood the appeal.  The things they did with the characters of Squall, Cloud and Sephiroth (and whoever else) was just wrong, and completely out of character.

Granted Jot5 revolves around characters from other games, but we actually try to play on the plot of those games as well as the personality those games gave those characters, and when we can avoid it, we don't break canon.

Nyzer

They're AU versions of the FF characters, so yeah, they're  a bit different. But you only tried the bad one; it was way more fun going into the series from the first PS & GBA games back when they were current.

Also, "destroyers of worlds"? That's  literally the entire conflict in KH1. The final world takes place in the amalgamation of destroyed worlds that's been partly phased into the Realm of Darkness. And the protagonist essentially commits suicide in the penultimate world.

I won't  deny that KH2 went HARD in the Disney direction but honestly KH1 almost had a deeper and darker plot than FF5. (A villain named Ex-Death? Really? :P)

Hyraldelita

Ok then.. i did try to guess some names if other posts...

the point is ,"if someone get the right one would Elric say , yea it's him? that would spoil the surprise i guess, so even if someone do find the right char, i doubt he would tell us."

So after this i still want to try to guess for when the patch come out, and if we can find that guy identity in the part 2 of jot5.

So:

Let's try guess seriously.

It has been said, char from the same game, will not be added if not as just npc, or probably boss enemy like sephiroth and ganondorf.

So we don't really know how sephiroth was able to follow cloud but, ganondorf, came with the same machina as Zelda did.

Metal gear bad guys, i really doubt it could be, plus that guy look like an ally. But he didn't give the stone to Dante to trnansform, he gave it to Link, so we don't really kno the reason why he did it.

So it might be related to link? i don't think so. since there are ganondorf and Zelda already..

related to Snake? i don't think either.

Related to dante? Maybe.. but how did they reached that place , and what should they repent from FFT storyline that end up becoming JOT5?

So i guess it's not related to dante either...

Cloud it can't be, too many char from FF7 otherwise.

So THE ONLY options left, it should be someone related to Ramza.

But most of the character who would repent, are or DEAD, or they payed back the debit to Ramza by following him in battle, like Meliadoul did.

we know all the shrine knights are dead, and none of them ever had anything to repent for, since they were all evil except for Wiegraf, but he died as velius so i doubt it can be him either. 

I'm trying to go for exclusion, and see if someone will be left at the end, which could actually be the cloacked guy.

Ovelia has been stabbed by Delita but did the game actually tell us that she's dead? Delita got stabbed too but he lives.

So it could be Ovelia, that want to be helpfull since she was completely useless in FFT and never helped anyone for real.

Balmafula is another one i suspect but honestly i don't see any reason why she should know so many things and help Link and she have nothing to repent for in my opinion, and for some reason i think the cloacked guy is actually a Girl =O

So my first suspect is actually Ovelia =O

Dycedarg/Zalbag are dead..

Algus same.

Beowulf/reis helped Ramza in his journey so .. even if they would still repay some kind of debt, i still doubt they would be chosen for that role.

All zodiac braves died, Elibidis included..

Rafa/Malak, helped Ramza like beowulf/Reis, so no debt to repay either.

Orlandu would never be it would be ridiculus, and he has no reason to do so.

The only twistplot it could be, is that the cloacked npc is some undead of the bad guys who repented. And why and how , only the ones who did Jot5 know it.

But as for reasoning , and people who could still be alive and need to repent they're uselessness , i can think only about Ovelia.

Still , as far as i know.. good character, NEVER use teleport to appear and disappear in FFT..

Angel

Quote from: nyzer on October 04, 2015, 01:39:45 amI won't  deny that KH2 went HARD in the Disney direction but honestly KH1 almost had a deeper and darker plot than FF5. (A villain named Ex-Death? Really? :P)

Well, 'Ex-Death' was a mistranslation of 'Exodus', so there's that. Also, part of why I love FFV so much is because it doesn't take itself seriously, at all. Not that it should be any different for the game that gave us Gilgamesh.

Kingdom Hearts is more, "we should do something even deeper and more convoluted than the Metal Gear Solid series, but we need to make it cuter and be sure we write out every plot point while on shrooms and salvia." Which also explains perfectly their bizarre titles like 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, χ, etc.