• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:13:26 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Is ppf-o-matic suppose to be taking 2+ hours to apply the journey patch?

Started by Riftweaver, September 27, 2015, 09:22:53 am

Riftweaver

Hello, i just found out about this place the other day and decided to check out this mod.  i've got the iso, and i've got the patch file, i set them both in ppf-o-matic and it just seems to be stuck at 'patching cd image now, hold one...'  and its been this way for the last 2 hours. it did it before and i thought something was wrong, so i closed it and started it again (with a fresh, untouched iso file) and its still doing this

am i doing something wrong? =/

Xifanie

Honestly?

I wish I had an answer for you. My laptop used to be able to patch it in 5 seconds, now it takes 100 minutes. I'm pretty sure in the past I've found that it happened because my files were too "deep" in the file index; i.e. too many folders, and that bringing them closer to root fixed the problem... but not anymore.

I've looked into alternatives to that piece of crap program, and sadly since I'm on windows... pretty much stuck with ppf-o-matic. Ninja patcher says JotF ppf are incompatible, and, well, I'm not sure there's any other potential program.

My desktop still patches in 5 seconds, so usually I just patch it there. :/
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Riftweaver

that... actually helped a lot, to be honest.  i had them in a folder rather deep into other folders with the rest of my collection,    so i just made a 'test' folder on the cdrive's root,  renamed the patch to jot5 (instead of the longer named, just in case that mattered)  and it finished patching it in about a minute.

thank you very much, now i can check this out :)

Xifanie

Well, I'm glad it worked for you.
I was all excited about the short filenames ideas, but sadly, that didn't work for me. I don't know if my hard drive is too full or what (likes that makes sense, but I'm just trying to figure what the hell happened; still got 30gb free), but all I know is that program is junk and I wish there was an alternative.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie