• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:11:34 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re-Release Info and Changes

Started by Elric, July 03, 2015, 08:16:32 pm

KingUrameshi

I read all of it just been awhile, thanks. It's up for debate on how the creators wanted the final scenes to be interpreted, I felt it could have gone either way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Nyzer

Orlandu even says in the letter to Ramza in Jot5 that he saw Ramza's arm get broken during the fight with Altima, and wishes him a "swift recovery".

The hows and whys of the group's survival are left up in the air, but they had all the Zodiac Stones by then. It's safe to assume that could have played a part in it. Whatever the reason, FFT shows us that the explosion on the airship was not fatal for the party (the final scene), and either Vormav was lying out his ass (which seems likely) or the group found a different way out. Maybe they all grinded for JP against Ultima Demons until everyone had Teleport. :P

QuoteIt's up for debate on how the creators wanted the final scenes to be interpreted, I felt it could have gone either way.

Fully recognizable ghosts really aren't a thing in Ivalice, and if Olan was just seeing a vision or ghosts of some kind, why would Chocobos be involved? Plus I'm pretty sure FFT's original creator has tweeted that Ramza and Alma survived. It's easily explained why Arazlam never found any records of Ramza after the Lion War due to Ramza's new cover identity as Drake Seymour and the fact that even though Olan was enough of a martyr to get himself killed for the Durai Papers, he wouldn't risk Ramza's life in the process.

Elric

In an interview it was said that Ramza and Alma did indeed survive and would be off in another land having adventures. I always just assumed that rhe zodiac stones saved them upon defeating Altima.
  • Modding version: PSX

RJ Cid

That ship was high up in the air AND completely exploded. Only the stones could've saved them from all that and return them from that dead city. Otherwise, the awesome writing of this game abruptly ceased to be...

"So they're wicked high on this airship, and it totally explodes, and..."

-They all MegaMan-teleported back to Dr. Light's lab?
-They quickly flew away, like all anime characters in every opening sequence?
-They all piled into a refrigerator like Indiana Jones surviving against a nuclear bomb testing?
-Superman? (because, apparently, that guy can do anything)

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on June 24, 2016, 06:33:43 pm
In an interview it was said that Ramza and Alma did indeed survive and would be off in another land having adventures. I always just assumed that rhe zodiac stones saved them upon defeating Altima.

Thanks for clarifying the ending, I didn't know the creators made them survive, it was always unclear for me as to whether they were still alive or not. I had some friends who didn't use some of the characters (like Cid) and I even went through the last few fights after kicking some people out to see if the ending would change a little but it never did.

Nyzer

Quote from: RJ Cid on June 24, 2016, 10:10:25 pm
That ship was high up in the air AND completely exploded. Only the stones could've saved them from all that and return them from that dead city. Otherwise, the awesome writing of this game abruptly ceased to be...

That ship... was clearly designed to be a broken-down wreck, so it wasn't flying. And characters simply walk onto it from the prow. That's nothing more than the effect you get at the edge of any FFT map where it drops into nothingness.

Don't tell me that Mandalia Plains sits in the middle of the sky, too! :P

Yes, the airship explodes, but we're talking about a bunch of experienced warriors, mages, monsters, and a robot that have all survived worse than a blue explosion, and no one said they escaped uninjured. That's why Jot5 talks about Ramza having an arm broken in that fight, beyond the help of a simple Cure spell. Granted, he's riding Chocobos with that arm not long afterwards, but that doesn't mean the arm was back to normal or even that he should have been so reckless with it. And who's to say Ramza was the only one who was injured after that? It's just that nobody died, which isn't that impressive of a feat when White Magic does exist and there were no enemies stopping them from administering care.

Delita survives being consumed by the flames and explosions at Zeakden. Mustadio survives despite being slain as per Ramza's sarcastic order. Malak is resurrected following a Cutscene Death. Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.

Death is cheap.

The group surviving (even if only after being healed up by any still-conscious Job with rez/healer skills) isn't that far-fetched. The airship not being in the sky isn't that far-fetched - we just don't see any ground or connecting support structures so as to allow more focus on the sheer wtfsplosions of all the story effects there. The group returning to Ivalice even eventually isn't far-fetched either.

Quote-They all MegaMan-teleported back to Dr. Light's lab?

Well, hey, I don't think anyone's ever said whether Dr. Light is the Cloaked Stranger, so who knows? ;) It's not him, no.

Elric

September 07, 2016, 09:52:07 am #186 Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:00:22 am by Elric
Just a little something that Twinees put together for me the other day. This is intended to be used for systems/frontends that allow images or metadata, such as an ICON0 image for both PSP or PS3, or for things like Android PSX emulators or Retropie, etc. As the re-release will work with these things.
(Credits to Mitchi on the background artwork and a few of the poses)

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on September 07, 2016, 09:52:07 am
Just a little something that Twinees put together for me the other day. This is intended to be used for systems/frontends that allow images or metadata, such as an ICON0 image for both PSP or PS3, or for things like Android PSX emulators or Retropie, etc. As the re-release will work with these things.
(Credits to Mitchi on the background artwork and a few of the poses)

FFhacktics games are the best. All those other companies can eat it!

Guru

Looks good as always Twinees! I like how ramza is just having a little moment to himself lol and for some reason I just picture snake being more realistic if he was just a box with smoke coming out of it  :roll: Even the shadows in the back are custom, took me a min to figure out char one was which ( besides ramza who kinda sticks out with his hand up and cape blowing in the wind  ;) ).

Elric

not quite.

from left to right

Dante with gun pointing out and sword on his back
Ramza
Snake
Cloud
Link

Zero Dozer

Nice to know that Elric is still on the fight. And yeah, I'm still waiting for Chapter 2.

Tempest

Post frequency may not indicate it, but there are a lot of us waiting and checking frequently :p

Guru

Quote from: Tempest on September 20, 2016, 08:49:17 pm
Post frequency may not indicate it, but there are a lot of us waiting and checking frequently :p

Definitely! Been very busy myself, but I always pop in to check things out. Hope all is going well on the game, and IRL.

Quote from: Elric on September 08, 2016, 07:49:15 pm
not quite.

Dante with gun pointing out and sword on his back

That actually makes a lot more sense than ramza being a spaz with his arm in the air  :oops: Suprised I missed that. I'm pretty burnt lately, and not in the good way (yet).

KingUrameshi