• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:55:25 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re-Release Info and Changes

Started by Elric, July 03, 2015, 08:16:32 pm

Elric

July 03, 2015, 08:16:32 pm Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:13:54 pm by Elric
I'm doing lots and lots of little changes and fixes to Ch1 to make the re-release even better when it does come out.

Even Duke Seymour is working hard on the re-release!

EDIT: Added image of edited Swamp map.

- Hypnotoad Mark needs edits to faceunit in Victory event
- Dark Link townspeople need to be RemoveUnit before battle start
- Dialogue edits in Delita Contracts the Twins
- Change Delita's Guard to Dragoon so it's not the same sprite for Messenger and Guard
- Dialogue edits in Barius Hill Pre-Battle
- Edit Formation for Barius Hill
- Dialogue edits in Zaland
- Camera and Intro walking edits for Zirekile Falls Pre-Battle
- Edit Formation for Zirekile Falls
- Edit Formation for Araguay Woods
- Dialogue edits in Lionel, Dead Bart Part 1
- Dialogue edits in Lionel, Dead Bart Part 2
- Dead unit edits in Lionel, Dead Bart Part 2
- Removed 2 of the blood coughs in Lionel, Dead Bart Part 3
- Dead unit edits in Lionel, Dead Bart Part 4
- Dialogue edits in Warjilis Scene
- Dialogue edits to Sweegy Woods Pre-Battle
- Dialogue edits to Sweegy Woods Victory
- Edit Formation for Mandalia
- Phantom thief zero spin on effect
- Bar Banter "A summary of incidents and Rumors"
- Change initial opening worldmap text
- clicking bar banter says no marks
- Change 'Bar' to 'Tavern'
- Changed all help messages for Tavern and Synth Shop
- Ghost Town teleports
- Chicken Durbs Mark needs Chocobo Teleport in visual fixes
- Phantom thief zero formatting
- Phantom thief zero Ramza victory dialogue  Test if fixed now
- Fix Hypnotoad beginning generic IDs

- Edit Clouds Intro camera
- Edit some of the dialogue in Clouds intro
- Use Camera helper to make Sephs teleport in look better
- Edit some of Zelda's dialogue in Link's intro
- Swap Link's intro map to the Chopped Tree map edit
- Swap Map names
- Edit some dialogue in Snake's intro
- Edit some dialogue in Dante's intro
- Edit some dialogue in Welcome to Ivalice
- Use Camera Helper for effects in Welcome to Ivalice
- Edit some dialogue in Talking in Castle events
- Edit Vanilla Cloud Scene exit camera
- Fix Barius Valley Victory (Allies stand on victory event trigger)
- Fix Warjilis Dot appears before the line.
- Fix random gp typo in Delita's 3rd event (Learns of Tesnya)
- Still shows defeat Quiklin, not Dark Link
- Make Link required in Dark Connection Mark
- Dead guard edits to Return to Lionel (Seph)
- Edits to Dialogue Seph
- Edits to Dialogue Seph Conditions
- Edits to Fall Seph Conditions
- Dialogue Edits Seph Post
- Dante and Link materialize in Morning after Seph, as do Cloud and Snake, should walk in from off map.
- Fix Swamp Map
- Fix Swamp event darkening to Changemap
- Wind Sounds Formation Swamp
- Fix the Soldier in Swamp event to not be Ganon (lol)
- Completely remake derpy ass Swamp event (QC dropped the ball here lol)
- Sound edits to Alma Swamp
- * issue in Alma swamp
- Goug Slums make random engineer do things (instead of just standing) maybe a worker 8 ball... unit 99 CO 08 05
- Goug Slums dialogue edits
- Goug Slums edits to event script, general
- Minor text edits to Goug Scenes
-

Currently working on:
Adding back in the Generic Unit Quotes that Square was too lazy to do for the PSX version.
Minor Ch1 event fixes, dialogue n such
  • Modding version: PSX

Zero Dozer

I didn't know we had Hammers now as weapons for the game.

Meanwhile, my mind still itches for Chapter 2...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

July 03, 2015, 11:08:40 pm #2 Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:21:52 am by Elric
Lol. Alma uses a hammer in both her battles and they were available to purchase after the mandala fight which is shop progression 4.

EDIT: Added ASM List to OP
EDIT: Updated OP with some stuff I'm currently working on.

ChaosStar0

Yay! Something from FF9 is in this game! FF9 is my second favorite of the main series games. :D :D :D

Elric

Be sure to thank Xifanie for the amazing Synth Shop hack then!  :mrgreen:

RayKamiya

wow I didn't think you could MAKE a synthesis shop in FFT XD

Pandemoniu

Wow, oh wow! These are so deliciously satisfying! I didn't know we can Synth stuff now!

Truly, I appreciate these and look forward to more! Thanks a bunch Elric!  :mrgreen:

P.S. - I do hope that not all of the Marks are impossible crazy hard.

Quote from: Elric on July 03, 2015, 11:08:40 pm
Lol. Alma uses a hammer in both her battles and they were available to purchase after the mandala fight which is shop progression 4.

All Hail Her Mighty HAMMER!! (Insert Alma Hammer Gif. Here)

Elric

Thanks guys, I'll have another update here either tonight or tomorrow. Xifanie did some fixes to the proposition hack, so you actually CAN cancel marks now (but youll have to pay to start it again)  So obviously some of those pictures will change.

We are also going to be including the Soldier Office hack, so you guys can look forward to that as well

gatebuster202

Nice! That might let us skip a few of the less fun classes. (Squire, Chemist.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

ChaosStar0

I just looked at the soldier office hack and I don't understand anything about how it works, can anyone tell me where to look for a way to understand how this hack works, cause if I don't know how it works i'm probably just going to ignore it.

Elric

This isn't the right place to ask that. Ask either in the help section or the Soldier office upgrade thread. All the info on how to use it is in that thread btw

Shintroy

Random thought about equipment synthesis. Maybe it can be applied later on for rare equipment.

The idea's heavily inspired by monster hunter so before I go into how it could work I'll explain how monster hunter equipment making works.

When you kill any monster in Monster Hunter you have to harvest the corpse for items used to make equipment. Small sized, or minion monsters can only be "carved" once when killed, while fully grown monsters have 3  carves. The adult sized monsters can also have parts broken for bonus loot or tails severed for another carve.

Now what if in Jot5 monsters had equipment that fell under a "loot" category like tails, tusks, bone, or teeth that could only be "stolen" by the thief. Poaching the monsters could also drop the same loot with rare and common loot. You could have items not found in shops you could only get by killing monsters.

It's been a while since I beat Jot5 so I'll just use vanilla panthers as an example.

Panther - Large Fangs Equipped. Poach = Large Fang(common), Cat's Eye(rare)

Coeurl - Cat's Eye Equipped Poach = Cat's Eye, Sharp Claws

Vampire - Sharp Claws Equipped. Poach = Sharp Claws, Strong Femur

The items don't have to have stats. The equipment doesn't have to be visible to players either. Monster equipment could be superior to mass produced items in some ways like having an chain vest looking item made from goblin garbs and large fangs. It could have a low HP/MP boost, but have something like PA +1. Maybe all or most monster equipment could give +1 in an attribute or two, but have lower HP/MP than shop equipment without being OP.

Maybe all cats could drop the same item and instead of making equipment from just monster items you could combine with already existing items? Don't want to make it too complicated. I'd love it if rare, one time only monsters from marks could have an Elmdor level of difficulty when it comes to harvesting their item.

Maybe this is just me needing to play monster hunter again some time soon.
Some day my people will be free.

Elric

I've played every monster hunter game ever made since 2004 (USA and Japanese, even bought a N3DS specifically for MH4U) So I know exactly what you are talking about. However, we are very much limited on item space and there isn't a way to increase it.

I would love to be able to do something like this, but unfortunately there is no current way for this to be done.

Xifanie

....we are very much limited on item space, BUT you aren't using any of the poached items inventory space o.o
This is giving me ideas Elric.

Sadly, it would have to be limited to poaching items or something else, because those items could only have item names, and no graphic or anything.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

gatebuster202

Xifanie are you (either implying or saying?) that poached items have a seperate, name only, set of locations? Where, one could, theoretically, set up some "name-only) items, like, Red Dragon Wings... And, possibly, require them, for Synthesis. (So, a Wizard Rod, two "Red Dragon Wings", 5 X-Potions and 5000 gil could become a theoretical recipe for a Dragon Rod)

My personal project sees the implications, and would love to ask more about this in it's forum.

(Making this post relevant to Jot5) So Elric, a request. Please don't apply this, if it does work, til you re-release CH. 1, I'm dying to play your new marks, and use the synth shop.  :D (Or you know, ignore me.)

Anyway... We NEED  :more:

Elric

July 07, 2015, 10:53:17 pm #16 Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:19:56 pm by Elric
All of these things will be in the re-release lol. Very possibly what Xif was talking about as well. I only say 'possibly' incase she has any issues that make it to much a pain to continue, as she is already working on it  ;)

There was only 2 marks in the original version of Ch1. In the re-release there will be 7 for chapter 1

I'm confused by your statement because the next release IS the re-release, which won't be until this stuff is finished :P shouldn't be to long at all though. Xifanie is a wizard

gatebuster202

I just want the new marks! I know Xifanie is fast. (I compare post times when reading old stuff, I'm thinking that she's fluent in hex and several other coding formats.)

The comment was, dumb, as it is your patch. I'm just excited. (You added five marks, that's the awesome.) Anyway, I don't want to go and re set up my five until the re-release. Which will hopefully be a bit lower in level, and higher in JP. (Innate JP-Up? Or something, was promised... The specific comment was something like more overall JP gains.)

Elric

Correct the JP formula changed to:
(Caster Level / 3) + 10

The new XP formula is:
Math.max( 1 , Math.min{ 99 , (10 + (TarLVL - CasLVL)) } )

And I understand you statement now, I misread before. However if Xif finishes this anytime soon then yes it'll be in the re-release by the time it's released, as this will be setup as part of the Synth Shop, which has already been setup barring these changes.

gatebuster202

I barely passed Pre-Cal Elric. So that Exp formula looks like hieroglyphs. (Minus the variable for Caster vs Target.) The JP formula I got. (I forget if Jot5 used JP up?) But yes that's faster.

Good to know the synth shop is already set. (It did seem rather straight forward when I glanced at it. It's my next project but I'm delaying to touch it depending on Xifanie's research.)