• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:18:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Questions about Counter: Deathblow

Started by Zolias, April 03, 2015, 12:58:09 pm

Zolias

Counter: Deathblow.  We all know how it works, I believe; high risk, high reward deal.  Fairly low chance of hitting, but good damage, except against undead units (due to it's Dark elemental nature).  This Help! Topic has a serious question about it, which made me think of my own questions.

I have 2 questions:

1) Does Bandit's Eye help increase the accuracy of this interesting counterattack?

2) Is there any way (outside of Bandit's Eye, if it DOES increase its accuracy) to help increase the accuracy for it?

Angel

Given that it's been several days, I first want to apologize for nobody having responded as of yet. And I also want to apologize because... there isn't anyone who knows since Raven was responsible for all the skills and balancing, and he's not around anymore to provide any info. Even so, formulas can still be kind of confusing, so it's possible that Raven wouldn't have known, either.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Nyzer

Fairly late reply to this, but it might still be relevant for anyone wondering about it.

A bit of FFT Patcher tinkering just to check it out says yes:

If I knew of any other accuracy boosters I'd test them, too.

Attacking from the side doesn't change anything, and Cloud has Good compatibility with Snake.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Hyraldelita

hei i did a similar post before, but i didn't get many satisfatory answers, still my most strange adventure with counter deathblow is that i died from it one time.

I counter deathblowed an undead, and i died cause he absorbed the damage and reflected it back to me... i had NOTHING to heal the undead on cloud, so i still wonder today, how that happened...

I think it would be a lot better to take off that skill and replace it with something else. Dunno like a counter that hit 100% would be better then that bugged skill ^^

Elric

Deathblow is Dark Elemental. Undead Absorb Dark Elemental. It's not at all bugged.. It's just a simple fftp edit to the vanilla dash ability.. lol

Hyraldelita

but the fact that is dark elemental you find it out only when you die, since it's not written in the skill description Elric, and why should a counter have a element? that makes the counter pretty much a suicide skill in some case, and there is not a single counter in the whole game that it has negative side effect. ^^

At least write in the skill description that is dark elemental =)
I was still wondering if you didn't tell me it's dark elemental, off course it wasn't even that hard to understand but still it's a physical attack not a drain ability, so even if it heal undead it shouldn't kill the player , don't you think?

Nyzer

It's dark elemental because it uses an HP % damage formula, and it's done that way to prevent the player from throwing Cloud at enemies' melee range and abusing it (and the immobilize aspect of Cross-Slash) to basically one-shot bosses.

And... it's not a drain. I've never seen it reflected or anything myself, and I HAVE hit skeletons with it.

Hyraldelita

please trust me i swear it on my life, i died by countering a skeleton... if i can and happen another time i will screen it =)

i didn't thought about a screen the first time that happened a was too shocked u_U

KingUrameshi

I really like how the creators took those moves that would normally either get abused or down right break the game and instead of nerfing them or getting rid of them they instead made them more commonplace so the power of the moves is actually reduced in a sense. Again, great job on the mod guys!
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Elric

DaHammerCrush

Counter Deathblow I see, but the Deathblow attack in the action skills list I do not see. Is this an unlockable like Ikanigi Shock or did that guy mod the mod?

Elric

Nyzer

QuoteIs this an unlockable like Ikanigi Shock or did that guy mod the mod?

QuoteA bit of FFT Patcher tinkering
Quotesays yes

:P