• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:16:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Suggestions

Started by Ilmauriciano, March 02, 2014, 10:48:37 am

Hyraldelita

i read them all, but i can understand you don't want to waste time to read mine, so it's ok ^^ as if i said nothing =)

KingUrameshi

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Elric

I did read it all, I just thought it was resolved so I didn't see a reason to respond any other way.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

I don't think the Br/Fa issues that make certain classes less than optimal is a real problem for Snake. Chemist, Knight, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, Dragoon, Ninja, and Geomancer are all still present. I've also gone through multiple fights in which Snake has had more reaction procs than some of the rest of the Five (lookin' at YOU, Link).

And frankly, given Snake's skillset, you shouldn't NEED to use Full-Life on him. He can pop his stealth camo (by action or reaction), run away, and use Smoke Break if he really needs it. It's exactly the same as in MGS, too: Snake is NOT a front-line warrior.

Jot5 isn't SUPPOSED to have the Five basically act like malleable generics. Their skillsets and stats mean they've all got their own niche to fill. Snake as the speedy, high-move, stealth guy is supposed to be the support/harassment/assassination unit. Maybe he won't be as good of a Barehanded Wizard as Ramza could but it hardly makes him a bad unit.

Hyraldelita

but i know what you mean, and i know it's perfectly fine.

as you said, if you use snake base skill set is exactly as you said since he's fast and has lot of ways to avoid death, my point is only when/if you want to change his class without using his skillset.

But even that , calling it Problem is exagerated, i just think it's a bit unfair for one of the main char to get weaker then a normal recruit if you don't use his own skillset.

Nyzer

September 18, 2015, 09:26:33 am #45 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:33:07 pm by nyzer
Except Snake's low Fa makes him ideal for going after enemy casters, so it doesn't make him "weak". Snake shrugs off magical attacks that leave Ramza dead on the floor. The only issue then is his low Br, which only impacts one Job and general reaction chance - which aren't nearly enough of a loss to outweigh the sheer strength of his base Job, which is not only a very speedy Job, but has a skillset full of instant, no-MP abilities. And given that there are plenty of jobs that work well with Snake's skillset and stats, as well as a reaction ability that prevents anyone from backstabbing him and doesn't work off Br...

Yeah, sure, it "limits" Snake to a minor extent, but in a way that prevents certain Reactions from just being the default choice for every single character, while also encouraging melee Jobs. You've said before that Invigorate is an overpowered ability, and it's no less potent in Snake's hands than in anyone else's. So why not let Snake be your Knight?

As for not using the base skillsets of the Five - the game's kinda designed around the expectation that you will, which is why Ramza has Ultima and Altima, Dante has several weapon choices that don't even come into play in Ch. 1, Link has arrow abilities that can put a severe strain on his mana during Ch. 1, and Cloud has Omnislash (which, while Unevadable, is often slow enough to not bother using).

Hyraldelita

never mentioned anything about the others, i love to play them all, and i love to play snake also, i was only saying what i think, i never sayd the game is not good because of that or there are mistakes in the patch.

Even know i'm still playing chapter one for the 5th time, and it will be 6th when the re relase come out.

I just thought that it would be even better with brave and faith back as they were, but as you guys told me , it would break the balance of the new skills to much, and it would take a lot of work to rebalance everything with max brave faith reason enough for me to understand, that's an impossible thing to do/ask.

KingUrameshi

You know what is a huge mistake with this patch, NOT ENOUGH COW BELL!!!!!!  :P

Elric

* Elric has 2 Blue Oyster Cult tattooes.

RayKamiya

So as I was replaying this hack, a random thought entered my head...

Wouldn't it be funny if you could add Super Mario to the game as a Hidden character?

I think I'm overworked....

RJ Cid

A jump move plus some reworked Monk abilities... I think he would be an interesting special character. However, his overall design is kinda goofy and might be outta place in this game, unless his sprite was created to more fit the mold of this universe.

Also consider that he's probably the cloaked person with the stones. I swear, I'm about 90% on this...

I do got a lot of love and respect for some Super Mario though, make no mistake. :cool:

Elric

Quote from: RJ Cid on September 24, 2015, 08:08:16 pm
Also consider that he's probably the cloaked person with the stones. I swear, I'm about 90% on this...

You'd be better off trusting that 10% :P

Mario would never talk the way the Cloaked Stranger does.

RayKamiya

Quote from: Elric on September 24, 2015, 09:55:32 pm
You'd be better off trusting that 10% :P

Mario would never talk the way the Cloaked Stranger does.

Mario barely talks as it is... I think Link has more lines of dialogue than Mario does....

Jumza

"Let's eh-go!" "OH! Mama Mia!" "Wahoo!"
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

KingUrameshi

Put Mario in but just confine him to a bed like Link was in Super Mario RPG.

Elric

I had considered that, or Samus. However, there isn't a lot of maps with beds that I could use in an event without it being completely O_o and out of context.

RayKamiya

Too bad you couldn't recreate the play battle with Gaz and his dolls in FFT that would have been cool to see xD

Hyraldelita

super mario really? XD

then put in the middle Fazz from hoshigami, at least is a tactics game XD

Bounty Hunter Lani

Some Final Fantasy IX characters would fit better than half of these-- say, Zidane? Or... Bounty Hunter Lani?  ;)

I actually like having The Five and their rivals in the game as it is, I don't really care if there's anyone from another game or not. It is up to you guys, though  :D

Is it possible to make a certain ally in the final battle of Chapter 1 do more than walk 1 space? They have a long-range attack, but rarely ever use it.  I mean, they're almost as useful as Agrias, I suppose... :roll:
I have video evidence that the ally in the final battle of Chapter 1 is lazy until almost the final phase!  :shock:

Elric

September 26, 2015, 10:59:05 am #59 Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:21:34 am by Elric
Quote from: Bounty Hunter Lani on September 26, 2015, 10:00:20 am
Some Final Fantasy IX characters would fit better than half of these-- say, Zidane? Or... Bounty Hunter Lani?  ;)

I actually like having The Five and their rivals in the game as it is, I don't really care if there's anyone from another game or not. It is up to you guys, though  :D

None of these characters are in the game.

Though, honestly, Geno was someone who was originally considered lol.

However, I think people will be pleased with the list of secret chars ;)

(and no, they are not any previously listed)

Quote from: Bounty Hunter Lani on September 26, 2015, 10:00:20 am
Is it possible to make a certain ally in the final battle of Chapter 1 do more than walk 1 space? They have a long-range attack, but rarely ever use it.  I mean, they're almost as useful as Agrias, I suppose... :roll:
I have video evidence that the ally in the final battle of Chapter 1 is lazy until almost the final phase!  :shock:

I already told you we have no control over the AI :P