• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:59 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTPatcher Blank & Unknown Research

Started by Vanya, May 31, 2009, 11:25:28 am

R999

Excellent findings.

I have 3 related questions and I assume you would have tested for these already,

1) Does the [weapon damage] formulas other than 2,3 and 4 inflict 25% status?  (not on my computer can't check now)

2) So it is then, impossible to have [weapon damage] + elemental UNLESS weapon strike is checked, correct? If weapon strike is unchecked, then there's 0 elemental bonus? So the only way to make a safe elemental weapon ranged skill would require the use of formula 3/4 + Weapon Strike, yes?

3) Now that we know what Countergrasp is, does that mean this can be applied to all abilities without restrictions to formulas? Like magic spells, status, etc,

edit:

Pickle Girl Fanboy

A few questions:
1.  What happens with formula 04 if you give a weapon fire, ice, and bolt elements?
2.  What happens with formula 04 when you put it on an ability and give the ability fire, bolt, and ice elements?

Xifanie

The last element has always priority:

In this case it's Ice

wind: ice1/2/3
nothing: ice1/2/3
fire: fire1/2/3
fire-lighting : bolt1/2/3
fire-ice : ice1/2/3
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

Just a handy list mostly for convenience of the three remaining unknown bits on the right-hand side and all the corresponding status effects.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

R999

The Unknown Flag D in the Learn JP section of the Abilities tab corresponds to the Miss animation. If it is flagged, and your attack is missed (tested for various formulas, mostly PA based, with damage and with no damage) the target will perform a step-aside animation. If not flagged, the target will simply stand still when the attempt is missed. This is all assuming that Evadeable (both the ability and the AI evadeable flags) are both unchecked. As far as I am concerned it has no influence on Weapon Guard/Shield Guard/Evasion animation. It'll be very apparent when you see one of your talk skills missed and the target steps-aside (that's how I discovered it at first).

Vanya

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

formerdeathcorps

The last one in the box containing Learn with JP, Action, AI Usable, etc.  Incidentally, this is one that's flagged for all physical attacks (which makes sense now) and not flagged for all magical attacks.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

R999

from thread in Help section, which also contains updated descriptions for some of the flags.

Vanya

Cool, I'll update my list on the first page with this info. Thanks.
¯\(°_0)/¯

formerdeathcorps

I think I now know what normal attack does.  It makes it so if you are above the enemy you get +1 to vertical tolerance and if you are below, you get -1 to vertical tolerance.

Vanya

Does that not happen with skills not set to "normal attack"?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Nirek

A B and C on that last chart appear to be:

Can be Used by AI
Hits only Allies
Hits only Enemies
The summons spell bear that out, though for some reason Fairy has the enemy only flag set, might be because it only targets dead units.