• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:50 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

3lric

November 25, 2011, 05:58:18 pm #140 Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:36:50 pm by Elric42
@Lucifer_zero i will add some of those Tortoise movesets to the main post either by tonight or tomorrow

I'm more busy with the holiday weekend then i thought I would be and I still want to finish up 2 more events by the end of the weekend.

@Durbs, I've been looking at the RAD 3 spreadsheet for a little while now and if/when pokeytax responds with a positive yes or no on weather it can be done, as long as he can provide me with at least one example then I can get the rest all finished.

Working on finishing up 2 or 3 events Durbs has already sent me the scripting for and once they are done, we have the boss fight and a couple events for the 2 sidequests. Then we can spend a week or so getting all the moves worked out and most likely another week of testing and bug fixing (provided there is nothing major) after which we should finally have that demo release we have been promising you all! Keep looking forward, the time is drawing closer!

-Elric42
  • Modding version: PSX

Lucifer_zero

Time for Lamia

Tier 1 - Siren - Innate Move on water / Immune: Silence, Charm, Dont Act /
"A creature with a beautiful voice that put anyone to sleep and not awake"

*Calm voice  ("A tender voice that makes enemies calm and more slowly" )
3 Range atack, small chance to slow

*Lullaby
5 range around self, mid chance (30%+MA) to put everyone on sleep

*Perish song
Only around, inflict Death Sentence

Tier 2 - Lamia - Innate Move on Water / Immune: Silence, Charm, Dont Act
"The ones who hear it´s song end up losing all the sanity"

*Voice of Fury
3 Range Attack, small chance to  Berseker

*Mental Noise
5 range around self, mid chance (30%+MA) to put everyone on confuse

*Perish song

Tier 3 - Valkyre - innate Fly / Immune: Silence, Charm, Dont Act
"The voice of an angel with the spirit of a demon, countless were deceveid by it voice"

*Angel voice ("A voice from heavens, that can even make you belive that 1+1=0") [pun intend with my college, i do math]
3 Range Attack, small chance to Charm

*Heaven Choir
4 range around self, low~mid heal on every ally on range ( not reversal on undead )

*Perish song

Tier 4 - Lilith - Innate MOV-HP UP/ Always: Regen / Immune: all except confusion and dont move
"The mother of all lamiae, they say it songs can even change a human itself"

*Perish song
*Calm voice
*Lullaby
*Voice of Fury
*Mental Noise
*Angel voice
*Heaven Choir
*Poison Frog
4 Range 2 AOE, inflict poison + frog with mid~high chance ( 45%+MA )

For this setup Lamiae are basically Debuffer with not so much atack power, also dont mind the names, i dont have a good imagination for they, talking about it, this is what i thought when doing the tiers

Tier 1 is kinda classical lullaby, making they lose time, making they acting late than foreseen, thats way i put slow together

Tier 2 is to try to waste turns, berseker and confusion goes well with that ideia.

Tier 3 is something more diferent, if something have angel voice, it voice should heal, not only that, a voice from heaven can make you belive and follow thing you never would do before, so charm ( and, again, never get tired of saying, its so much powerfull debuff )

Poison Frog is kinda old on FF serie, if some monster use music as wapon, then one should have this skill, nothing better than putting it on the BOSS tier.

Well, Perish song is meh, but i didnt thought on anything better yet, ill still keep thinking on something on lamiae
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

November 26, 2011, 12:47:25 am #142 Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:22:47 am by Elric42
Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 25, 2011, 09:20:20 pm
Time for Lamia

Tier 1 - Siren - Innate Move on water / Immune: Silence, Charm, Dont Act /
"A creature with a beautiful voice that put anyone to sleep and not awake"

*Calm voice  ("A tender voice that makes enemies calm and more slowly" )
3 Range atack, small chance to slow

*Lullaby
5 range around self, mid chance (30%+MA) to put everyone on sleep

*Perish song

Tier 2 - Lamia - Innate Move on Water / Immune: Silence, Charm, Dont Act
"The ones who hear it´s song end up losing all the sanity"

*Voice of Fury
3 Range Attack, small chance to  Berseker

*Mental Noise
5 range around self, mid chance (30%+MA) to put everyone on confuse

*Perish song

Tier 3 - Valkyre - innate Fly / Immune: Silence, Charm, Dont Act
"The voice of an angel with the spirit of a demon, countless were deceveid by it voice"

*Angel voice ("A voice from heavens, that can even make you belive that 1+1=0") [pun intend with my college, i do math]
3 Range Attack, small chance to Charm

*Heaven Choir
4 range around self, low~mid heal on every ally on range ( not reversal on undead )

*Perish song

Tier 4 - Lilith - Innate MOV-HP UP/ Always: Regen / Immune: all except confusion and dont move
"The mother of all lamiae, they say it songs can even change a human itself"

*Perish song
*Calm voice
*Lullaby
*Voice of Fury
*Mental Noise
*Angel voice
*Heaven Choir
*Poison Frog
4 Range 2 AOE, inflict poison + frog with mid~high chance ( 45%+MA )

For this setup Lamiae are basically Debuffer with not so much atack power, also dont mind the names, i dont have a good imagination for they, talking about it, this is what i thought when doing the tiers

Tier 1 is kinda classical lullaby, making they lose time, making they acting late than foreseen, thats way i put slow together

Tier 2 is to try to waste turns, berseker and confusion goes well with that ideia.

Tier 3 is something more diferent, if something have angel voice, it voice should heal, not only that, a voice from heaven can make you belive and follow thing you never would do before, so charm ( and, again, never get tired of saying, its so much powerfull debuff )

Poison Frog is kinda old on FF serie, if some monster use music as wapon, then one should have this skill, nothing better than putting it on the BOSS tier.

Well, Perish song is meh, but i didnt thought on anything better yet, ill still keep thinking on something on lamiae

:mrgreen: This is awesome Lucifer_zero, I will update these ones to the main page as well tomorrow once I'm back to my computer and not on my phone. I'm going to have to also ask Kagebunji how we can go about have a 4th monster Tier since in the case of Reis or Byblos they were actually separate classes. But other than that your doing a great job with this, we may need some other older monsters to have different abilities as well to change them up from vanilla. And as more monster sprites are made they will be added to they mod as well, I know CONMAN was working a few good looking monster sprites

EDIT:  Movesets updated in Main Post

Lucifer_zero

Hum... yeah, i do remember that what i´m doing is a separete class as 4th tier, i know that there is a limit on job that can be created, but for now, correct me if i´m wrong, Byblos, worker 8 and Divine Dragon ( or whareter it was called ) wont be in this game, right ? That make at least 3 jobs that can be changed into 4th tier jobs, also also on worst case you could trash some other monsters that wont be using...

And not every monster should have a 4th tier, i´m giving the ideias for 4th, as they could end being side quest bosses

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 26, 2011, 05:38:42 am
Hum... yeah, i do remember that what i´m doing is a separete class as 4th tier, i know that there is a limit on job that can be created, but for now, correct me if i´m wrong, Byblos, worker 8 and Divine Dragon ( or whareter it was called ) wont be in this game, right ? That make at least 3 jobs that can be changed into 4th tier jobs, also also on worst case you could trash some other monsters that wont be using...

And not every monster should have a 4th tier, i´m giving the ideias for 4th, as they could end being side quest bosses

I still like the idea and yea i hadn't thought of doing it that way, that should work just fine  :mrgreen:

Do you have any ideas for the Werewolf yet?

Lucifer_zero

November 26, 2011, 08:47:01 am #145 Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:47:46 am by Lucifer_zero
For now, what i can think is ( dont pay attention to the names )

Tier 1 - WereBeast - Innate: Ignore Height, speed save / Immune: confusion, slow, dont move / Weak: Holy Strong: Dark
"Creatures of darkness, born from humans infected by others werewolves"

*Rabies Claw ( "It´s claw carry disease that can make even a Tortoise sick" )
2 range attack that can inflict poison

*Howling Moon
Auto haste  

*Brutalizer
Close Range random Damage atack

Tier 2 - SilverWolf - Innate: MP switch, Ignore Height / Immune: confusion, slow, dont move / Weak: Dark Strong: Holy
"They said that a hunter tried to kill one Werewolf with silver, instead of dying it absorved it magical destroing properties"

*Silver Claw
2 range attack that can inflict silence

*Howling Moon
Auto haste  

*Soul steal
4 range  Absorb 66%MP from target

Tier 1 - WereWolf - Innate Ignore Height, speed save/ Immune: confusion, slow, dont move / Weak: Holy Strong: Dark
"A fast and vicious beast that can easyly rip bodys apart."

*Death Claw
2 range attack that can inflict dead

*Howling Moon
Auto haste  

*Brutalizer
Close Range random Damage atack

Tier 4 - Lone Wolf: innate: move MP UP, MP switch, ignore Height, Speed Save / Always: Innocent / Immune: all / Strong all minus Holy
"A legendary Werewolf that can control even vampires, some say that all werewolves origin from him."

*Rabies Claw
*Silver Claw
*Death Claw
*Howling Moon
*Brutalizer
*Soul Steal

*Blood Claw
2 range that inflict BloodSuck

For now i need to think on better than brutalizer, maybe some HP drain tech instead, also was thinking of instead makinf Lone Wolf a different Job class as did with Lamia and Tortoise, i was thinking on him havin being a normal monster, one attack being  a Claw that can inflict "poison, silence, dead, blood suck" (separetely), the second Howling moon and the third Brutalizer / whetever else i think instead of brutalizer ( as it would have MOVE mp + mp switch for defense, and make Silver Wolf more a MageSlayer than anyone )

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

November 26, 2011, 09:15:14 am #146 Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:08:37 pm by Elric42
Awesome again Lucifer_zero  :mrgreen: I will update these into the main page later today once i have slept.
I also came up with a moveset for the Bandits that are listed on the main page and sent it to Durbs to look at, it should be on there later today

EDIT: Werewolf and Bandit Movesets added to first post

Lucifer_zero

Tonberries ^^
*all Tonberries skills ignores evasion

Tier 1 - Tonberry
"Small and deadly, their knife can cut one person lifes as it was butter."

Chief´s Knife     - Close Range, High physical damage, i mean, REALLY HIGH
Death Light       - 3 range add dead with low~mid chance [25% + MA]
Karma              - 3 Range damage = TargetMaxHP - TargetCurrentHP

Innate: Move on water, Move on Lava, Split Damage, Ignore Height (nothing can stop they to coming you)
Immune: ALL

Tier 2 - Pug
"Small and deadly, their lantern shines with the soul from the deads."

Lore Traveler     - Close Range, High Magical damage, i mean, REALLY HIGH
Death Light       - 3 range add dead with low~mid chance [25% + MA]
Karma              - 3 Range damage = TargetMaxHP - TargetCurrentHP

Innate: Move on water, Move on Lava, Split Damage, Ignore Height

Tier 3 - Master Tonberry
"Small and deadly, it can end life of anything it touch."

Everyone´s Grudge - Close Range, 999 damage, no reduction
Death Light           - 3 range add dead with low~mid chance [25% + MA]
Karma                  - 3 Range damage = TargetMaxHP - TargetCurrentHP

Tier 4 - King Tonberry
"Small and deadly, the most scary Tonberry, it´s glance can stop you until he stabs you."

Everyone´s Grudge - Close Range, 999 damage, no reduction
Death Light           - 3 range add dead with low~mid chance [25% + MA]
Karma                  - 3 Range damage = TargetMaxHP - TargetCurrentHP
King´s Presence    - All on map except caster, chance to add separetly: Dont move, Dont Act, Stop, Slow, CT00

Strong: all elements
Always: Protect, Shell

Tonberry is one of my favorites enemies on FF-series, i do have more ideias for they, but i dont know if they are really possible, and i tend to make their skills more or less as they are on other games, but for others ideias i have is on the point notes bellow

NOTES:

- IMHO, Tonberries are: Low mov creatures that don´t stop coming for you, with absurd damage potential when they get to you, and counter with some powerfull skills, they can take easily one person at time, but that their weakness, only hitting one, even it is almost sure death, with that ideia in mind i did make for each tier a powerfull atack,

- It would be more FF-like if there was some formula that use some information on game, like number of enemy slain, hours played, Battles doned, elc.

- Give him a exclusive counter, listed as Karma, as the same skill it have, triggered by any form of damage so every damage you give it will make it make you lose all HP already lost, for a more powerfull aproach, if Karma can be done as a counter, then i would surely put it on Innate bellow Damage Split, so theres a chance to it hurt you before he makes you lose more HP

- If possible, i would put every Tomberry with 100 Brave + Damage Split + Karma as counter, that means if you attack a tonberry without killing it, then he could recover half that damage and give you the Damage you gave him + all that you lost before, he IS the king of counters after all...

- Anothers "Death Light" ideas are:

Death Light      -  affects all in range of 3, very high currentlyHP reduction (70~90%) that cancel every positive buff, but can only affect characters that have at least one positive buff.

Death Light      - 3 Range, affect only character with positive buff, cancel all positives buff ( that mean no reraise for you ) and give lethal damage (100%)

- It was hard to think on a exclusive attack for King Tonberry, from the other 3 you already got powerfull strikes, one that is physical ( Chef knife ) one Magical ( Lore Traveler ) and one that is a pure bastard damage ( Everyone´s Grudge ), so what is in the end for him ? there no more type of close damage skill, not of pure damage, and giving him a ranged would make him not so Tonberry at all, so i gave him one skill that make a chance to come closer to enemies, but stilli dont know if CT00 could be putted as a stats with the others...

- Another Idea for King Presence is removing golem from game ( if it isnt already ) and make King Presence Golem.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

November 27, 2011, 07:23:36 pm #148 Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:07:22 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 27, 2011, 09:15:10 amTonberry is one of my favorites enemies on FF-series

Mine too  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 27, 2011, 09:15:10 am
- IMHO, Tonberries are: Low mov creatures that don´t stop coming for you, with absurd damage potential when they get to you, and counter with some powerfull skills, they can take easily one person at time, but that their weakness, only hitting one, even it is almost sure death, with that ideia in mind i did make for each tier a powerfull atack,

This is exactly as it should be, great job!

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 27, 2011, 09:15:10 amIt would be more FF-like if there was some formula that use some information on game, like number of enemy slain, hours played, Battles doned, elc.

- Give him a exclusive counter, listed as Karma, as the same skill it have, triggered by any form of damage so every damage you give it will make it make you lose all HP already lost, for a more powerfull aproach, if Karma can be done as a counter, then i would surely put it on Innate bellow Damage Split, so theres a chance to it hurt you before he makes you lose more HP

- If possible, i would put every Tonberry with 100 Brave + Damage Split + Karma as counter, that means if you attack a tonberry without killing it, then he could recover half that damage and give you the Damage you gave him + all that you lost before, he IS the king of counters after all...

If it could be done that would be fantastic but i think this would take a large amount of ASMing. which i know nothing about :/

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 27, 2011, 09:15:10 amDeath Light      -  affects all in range of 3, very high currentlyHP reduction (70~90%) that cancel every positive buff, but can only affect characters that have at least one positive buff.

I like this one

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 27, 2011, 09:15:10 amAnother Idea for King Presence is removing golem from game ( if it isnt already ) and make King Presence Golem.

Now this is something i can do  :mrgreen:

EDIT: THIS HAS ALL BEEN UPDATED TO THE MAIN POST

3lric

November 28, 2011, 06:13:42 am #149 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:09:33 am by Elric42
OMG today a bunch of shit that i was working from was randomly deleted from my PC and i had an open remote desktop in my taskmanager. So i dunno how i got jacked but i did, After several hours of Recovering files then formatting my HDD, reinstalling windows, installing tons of peer-blocking and anti-virus crap then sorting through the remains of the mess that was JoT5.. LUCKILY with everything i was able to recover we are right back where we were so finally we can start progressing again  :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Holy Shit! A hell of luck you could recover everything.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

Quote from: Joseph Strife on November 28, 2011, 11:12:31 am
Holy Shit! A hell of luck you could recover everything.

Yup, now I'm going to backup everything on 3 different drives nightly and make a DVD backup atleast once a week  :mrgreen:

Kagebunji

Lol, good luck with the backups, I do this like twice a month myself.

Here is the Werewolf
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Durbs

November 28, 2011, 08:19:50 pm #153 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:22:48 pm by Durbs
Well, looks like we have some job options opening up for our protagonists (except Ramza, who will only have his own and the generic jobs). :mrgreen:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7031.100

What we can do for alternate jobs, too, is a simple palette to differentiate from the base class.

3lric

November 28, 2011, 08:24:32 pm #154 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:32:12 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Durbs on November 28, 2011, 08:19:50 pm
Well, looks like we have some job options opening up for our protagonists (except Ramza, who will only have his own and the generic jobs). :mrgreen:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7031.100

What we can do for alternate jobs, too, is a simple palette to differentiate from the base class.

Fuck yea!, and do we really need to change what the 5 (except Ramza) look like from job to job? wouldn't you rather just have them stay as normal like other uniques normally would?

So here is what we need now  :mrgreen:

Link-
       Warrior       -  Ancient Skills
       ???            -  ???
       ???            -  ???

Snake-
       SPEC OPS   -  Stealth
       ???            -  ???
       ???            -  ???

Cloud-
       EX-Soldier    -  Limit
       ???             -  ???
       ???             -  ???

Dante-
       Half-Demon   -  Devil Cry
       ???              -  ???
       ???              -  ???

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on November 28, 2011, 08:24:32 pm
Fuck yea!, and do we really need to change what the 5 (except Ramza) look like from job to job? wouldn't you rather just have them stay as normal like other uniques normally would?

So here is what we need now  :mrgreen:

Link-
       Warrior       -  Ancient Skills
       ???            -  ???
       ???            -  ???

Snake-
       SPEC OPS   -  Stealth
       ???            -  ???
       ???            -  ???

Cloud-
       EX-Soldier    -  Limit
       ???             -  ???
       ???             -  ???

Dante-
       Half-Demon   -  Devil Cry
       ???              -  ???
       ???              -  ???

I think we need to do some restructuring... :)
And no, they don't have to change. It was just a thought to be original.

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on November 28, 2011, 08:33:56 pm
I think we need to do some restructuring... :)
And no, they don't have to change. It was just a thought to be original.

It's a good thought actually if we could get new sprites for each but that would take a long time lol, A palette swap may work for some but not for others. Remembers Dante's palette swap? Lol

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on November 28, 2011, 08:37:17 pm
It's a good thought actually if we could get new sprites for each but that would take a long time lol, A palette swap may work for some but not for others. Remembers Dante's palette swap? Lol

Yeah, that's a good point. I was thinking more of Link and Snake when I said it.

3lric

November 28, 2011, 08:58:57 pm #158 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:00:28 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Durbs on November 28, 2011, 08:38:52 pm
Yeah, that's a good point. I was thinking more of Link and Snake when I said it.

Yea i had thought that too, since Link has a few palettes, Snake has 5 identical palettes lol but the rest only have the 1 they start with so they would have to be made. Unless we used Old Snake for one of the jobs lol... tho that concept isnt bad at all.. Maybe Devil Trigger could be one of Dantes movesets? Could request a cool sprite to be made for that  :mrgreen:

Durbs

Credit where credit is due. This is what I have for Link; I'll do Snake tomorrow (I have tons of ideas :D).

Link

Warrior; Ancient Skills

1.) Fairy- Restores HP
2.) Fairy Bottle- Add: Reraise
3.) Boomerang- Line damage, strikes twice
4.) Magic Boomerang- Line damage. Add: Stop
5.) Magic Powder- Causes Frog, Poison, or Sleep
6.) Hammer- Damage. Add: Confusion
7.) Blade Whirlwind- Wind weapon damage around self
8.) Bomb- Fire damage with one AoE
9.) Deflect- Add: Protect / Shell on self
10.) Mirror Shield- Add: Reflect on self

Musician; Ocarina Songs

1.) Zelda's Lullaby- Add: Sleep around self
2.) Epona's Song- Add: Haste around self
3.) Saria's Song- Cancels debuffs around self
4.) Sun's Song- Restores MP around self
5.) Song of Time- Add: Slow or Stop around self
6.) Song of Storms- Wind / Thunder damage around self
7.) Midna's Song- Add: Invisible around self
8.) Bombos- Deals heavy Fire damage to all enemies.
9.) Ether- Deals Ice damage to all enemies and may inflict Immobilize
10.) Quake- Deals Earth damage to all enemies and may inflict Disable

Seeker; Adventure
Note: Begins the battle w/ Reraise

1.) Master Sword- Strength based on current HP level (the higher it is, the more this attack does)
2.) Hookshot- Line-ranged, and you can only pick one target; non-elemental damage
3.) Bushwhack- Weaker, wind-elemental ranged attack
4.) Shovel- Chance of uncovering a Potion, Hi-Potion, X-Potion, or Gil
5.) Steal Rupees- Steals Gil
6.) Potion Bottle- Restores a decent amount of HP and some MP
7.) Slay- High-damage move that is more powerful the lower the target is on HP
8.) Ice Wand- Line-ranged, and you can only pick one target; ice-elemental attack
9.) Fire Wand- Line-ranged, and you can only pick one target; fire-elemental attack
10.) Potion
11.) Hi-Potion
12.) X-Potion