• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:16:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Earthquake in Japan

Started by dbp, March 11, 2011, 06:34:44 am

dbp

March 11, 2011, 06:34:44 am Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:34:05 pm by dbp
Hi.
Very big news here in Japan,
The biggest earthquake in Japan since 1900. Already 41 people died and 90 are in a very bad state.
This was very impressive (and still is). The buildings was moving like card castle.

All metro are down, all taxis are full, the road is full, this is a very big Panic here.
After the earthquake come the Tsunami.

All the part of Japan that are close to the sea is very dangerous right now. 10 Meters waves. its horrible.
I don't know how to say in english but the ground start to separate are ShinOokubo.
Guys seriously i hope i am not going to die.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

dbp

61 Dead
244 seriously injured.

Eternal

Wow, that's terrible. We're wishing you the best, dbp! Get to somewhere safe!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lijj

Let that be the last of it! Glad you're alright
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I always wanted to travel to Japan, now you made me worried. I wish you best, Dbp, hang in there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

despa

Good luck, dbp.  I'm visiting Tokyo in June, so I'm not sure what to expect...  I hope you and your family are alright.

dinosaur

I have been watching YouTubeCitizens all this morning. It is really depressing.

I firmly do not agree with the Earth decision on this- good luck dbp. We are hoping for the best for you.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: dbp on March 11, 2011, 06:34:44 am
This was very impressive (and still is). The buildings was moving like card castle.

All metro are down, all taxis are full, the road is full, this is a very big Panic here.
After the earthquake come the Tsunami.

All the part of Japan that are close to the see is very dangerous right now. 10 Meters waves. its horrible.
I don't know how to say in english but the ground start to separate are ShinOokubo.
Guys seriously i hope i am not going to die.

That any buildings are still standing is impressive.  Are you talking about the tectonic plate splitting in two, or  a new volcano opening up, or sinkholes, or what?

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on March 11, 2011, 06:52:00 am
Wow, that's terrible. We're wishing you the best, dbp! Get to somewhere safe!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Wolfran

I know how is that, the people scared and nervous, the sensation of insecurity, The dust in most of the damaged building is really depressive. Most of the people I know here in Chile are really nervous about that, not just the possible Tsunami, they don't get over the experience of a earthquake. But don't worry you'll be fine just thrust and smile. Everything will be fine.
The best of luck and take care.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Cheetah

My wishes of safety and health go out to those in Japan right now. This so soon after a major quake near New Zealand is very concerning.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on March 11, 2011, 12:22:53 pm
That any buildings are still standing is impressive.  Are you talking about the tectonic plate splitting in two, or  a new volcano opening up, or sinkholes, or what?

Not really. Japan excels at building quake resistant architecture. Whoever, we cannot expect anything that gets hit by the water (with everything it carries) stands.

AFAIK the best way to survive tsunamis is to get at high altitude areas.

Personally, I'd fill my backpack with food and a tent/sleeping bag and warm clothes and get to the highest place I can get... also a cellphone to keep in touch with what happens.

This really sucks... kills people and destroys so much. hope you and all your family are fine after this dbp
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

I watched news for two hours by now, that is horrible man. There will be more to come after that too... Let's pray for the best. I really like Japan, even though I have never been there, so it is depressing for me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Cheetah on March 11, 2011, 02:56:37 pm
This so soon after a major quake near New Zealand is very concerning.

Not really, they are part of the ring of fire, the extremely  Tectonically active area in the pacific.
Be safe dbp, praying for you and japan..

Cheetah

Quote from: GeneralStrife on March 11, 2011, 04:33:40 pm
Not really, they are part of the ring of fire, the extremely  Tectonically active area in the pacific.
Be safe dbp, praying for you and japan..

There is a difference between being prone to earthquakes and the very large quakes that have hit these two areas lately. Being the largest quakes in around a 100 years and so in those areas.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

March 11, 2011, 05:53:48 pm #15 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:00:16 pm by GeneralStrife
Quote from: Cheetah on March 11, 2011, 05:42:47 pm
There is a difference between being prone to earthquakes and the very large quakes that have hit these two areas lately. Being the largest quakes in around a 100 years and so in those areas.

I know...I just get pissed when people yell  shit like doomsday! 2012! Thank goodness you didn't.

dinosaur

Xifanie that is why they are impressive cause they are constructed so well that it withstands the elements.

dbp

March 11, 2011, 10:22:34 pm #17 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:26:03 pm by dbp
Its terrible, the number of death up to more than 1300 people right now.
Yesterday, i went back to my home by foot(All trains was stopped). My apartment was totally messy.

QuoteAFAIK the best way to survive tsunamis is to get at high altitude areas.

Personally, there is not best way to survive Tsunami. After a devastating Earthquake with house destroyed and a car traffic stopped its almost impossible to escape the 10 meter wave
ravaging everything.
I mean, people leaving near the sea have almost no solutions.

Also, cellphones are absolutely unusable. In almost 3 minutes, all the cellphones line was saturated. (All people try to call their family).
Everyone in Japan is still very shocked.

EDIT: That's crazy, the cellphone network is still Busy ! I can't call !

GeneralStrife

At least you have internet?

dinosaur

March 12, 2011, 01:28:37 pm #19 Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:33:21 pm by dinosaur
Check out these pictures plz: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/12/world/asia/20110312_japan.html#3

Image the work needs to be done ... to clean... recycle... rebuild...

Omg, saw the pic with all the ocean containers.