• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 09:19:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Job Editing & Dummy Jobs

Started by Starmage21, February 17, 2016, 09:23:34 am

Starmage21

There is only so much room in the game for jobs, so the best way to create a new job is to replace an existing one. There are several 'dummy' jobs that are in the game, but not used in any combats so what they can do doesnt really matter.

Can these dummy jobs be edited and added to the list of available player jobs?

Example: Duke job (Larg and Goltana) changed to "Holy Knight" and made into a viable class for all of your characters to job-change into?

Angel

That would require adding additional jobs to the job wheel, which isn't entirely feasible. Xifanie's been working on a thing and can make additional jobs appear, but crucially, they cannot have JP or job levels, meaning they would be unlocked as Mastered. There's no easy way around that, and the hack in question is not in a finished state to begin with.

You can do it the RAD way, but each new job has to be tied to an existing job on the job wheel, sharing the job level and JP with said job. Not to mention RAD doesn't play nice outside of an emulator.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Starmage21

So then its better to replace lesser-used, but already existing player jobs and replace those. (restatement to represent my gained understanding based on your reply)

My intent is this: It seems dumb to me, to have these special classes on special characters, and then as part of the story they give you these characters who have that special class that overwrites Squire (which IMO has a marginally-useful ability set). Which means they didnt think it was too overpowered for you to bring Agrias and Orlandu into battle. So based on that, why not add a Holy Knight (Agrias-alike) and Dark Knight (Gafgarion-alike) and Divine Knight (Meliadoul-alike) that is available for all your characters and not just the specials? Hell, they even added the dark knight to the PSP version!