• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:42:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Taking my leave of Chat

Started by 3lric, June 17, 2013, 06:43:51 pm

3lric

As of today, I will be taking my leave from the IRC FFH Channel. I will still remain in my Jot5 Channel, but as for FFH Chat, it has
not only become a distraction from my work. It also seems that all chat is anymore is just a way to bitch about stuff that is
irrelevant to hacking. Which is fine for some people, but I'm here to work.

I firmly believe that if people spent even 50% of their time actually working on things rather than what actually goes on in chat,
that we would have a much more thriving site.

However, Raven will still be on chat, just so we can still keep up on things, and so if there is an issue that is Site related I can
handle it instead of putting it on Xifanie.

Perhaps once Jot5 Chapter 2 is complete I will return.
If you need to contact me, I will still be on Esper.net, or you can PM me here on the site.

Until then, take care everyone.

Your friendly neighborhood Admin,
Elric
  • Modding version: PSX

Mobius

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

FFMaster

Wait... you actually believed #ffh was useful for hacking? There was a reason why we all moved to a different channel when a major ASM hack or something was being worked on.

Also, you have to realise that those people who you are bitching about not working on a project or whatever don't actually have the knowledge to work on something, or an idea even. If it wasn't for me stealing Arena from PX/Aero, then I would be one of those people who hang around, play patches and do nothing else. Is that such a problem honestly?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Mobius

Quote from: FFMaster on June 17, 2013, 07:00:52 pm
Wait... you actually believed #ffh was useful for hacking? There was a reason why we all moved to a different channel when a major ASM hack or something was being worked on.

Also, you have to realise that those people who you are bitching about not working on a project or whatever don't actually have the knowledge to work on something, or an idea even. If it wasn't for me stealing Arena from PX/Aero, then I would be one of those people who hang around, play patches and do nothing else. Is that such a problem honestly?

Nah, it's not a problem. Don't worry about it.

Obviously, if everyone was working all the time, well, of course the site would be thriving. But we all have lives and we play games sometimes.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

3lric

FFM, I saw your rant on IRC. First off, I will say it was incredibly uncalled for. What I'm doing, I'm doing for Jot5 and for my team.
IF I'M NEEDED on IRC, I will be there. For people that don't know about eventing (which is the extent of FFT hacking that I know)
I've ALWAYS offered to help them however I can.

Second, I'm not sure why you care in the first place, I've never BEEN needed on FFH Chat before, why should that change now?
IRC was fine before I got there, and it'll be fine without me.

As I mentioned, I GET the not knowing how to work on things, that's fine. I understand not everyone has that ability, and many
people also don't care to learn it. Which is also fine. I don't see why these are reasons for me to stay.

I don't expect people to be as OCD about finishing a mod as I am. I also get distracted easily.

If you want to continue this conversation further. Then PM me.

FFMaster

Obviously, you haven't seen the rage quit post generator before. It's 100% a joke. It's hardly a rant.

Here, have some fun

http://margalite.webatu.com/goodbye.html
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

3lric

Shoulda realized that when I kept seeing amendment, but your vocab is larger than mine, so I figured it was relevant to the situation.
My apologies for assuming. As I've said before and will again many times, stoner memory.

But anyway as I've said, but maybe did not make clear. It is with no ill feelings that I leave chat. 90% of the reason is that when I'm on chat I work about 75% less than what I normally do.

Between Jumza and myself, we made 7 events this weekend. I would like to continue that trend so that Jot5 Chapter 2 takes less than half the 18 months that chapter 1 did.

Celdia

Good on you, Elric. Leave chat to the people that want to be there. I up and left almost a year ago and I doubt anyone misses me. Sadly, I can't say I've used my time away to work on CCP all that much. Got involved in too many other projects that don't relate to anything here.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Sub Temptation

Whats up here do all split or what :( I gonna miss you all guys!

Eternal

All Elric is saying is that he won't be on FFH's main chat anymore. It doesn't mean he's going anywhere. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Reks

Quote from: Celdia on June 17, 2013, 11:38:47 pm
Good on you, Elric. Leave chat to the people that want to be there. I up and left almost a year ago and I doubt anyone misses me. Sadly, I can't say I've used my time away to work on CCP all that much. Got involved in too many other projects that don't relate to anything here.

I second Xiffy.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128