Barren [Posts: 2545]
  • View Profile
  • [August 31, 2017, 06:12:06 PM]

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • You dare cross blades with me?
    • View Profile
    • [September 07, 2017, 04:45:21 PM]
    Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)
    « Reply #261 on: September 07, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »

• View Profile
    • [September 12, 2017, 04:57:19 PM]
    Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)
    « Reply #262 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »
    « Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:37:58 PM by Barren »
    I'm my own mind-altering substance
    dotchan [Posts: 19]
    • View Profile
    • Dot's Concept Space
    • [September 23, 2017, 07:12:46 PM]
    « Reply #263 on: September 23, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »
    My first impression is that you have over-buffed Monsters and have made their multipliers too large (when what they really needed was better growths and, if possible, the ability to equip gear).  Not only do they have way too much HP and hit too hard (especially compared to human units),but some of them can inflict status ailments as early as Sweegy Woods, before most players have a White Mage with Esuna or the money to buy curatives.

In my opinion, the level of challenge in Vanilla FFT is fine up until Chapter Three or so (especially if you don't overlevel), as every battle can still be beaten with pure brute force, which makes it a good balance of "easy to learn--hard to master".  In your version, I can't damage race anything to make a low-level run feasible, nor can I grind my way past a challenge where I'm hitting a tactical wall.
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:46:16 PM by dotchan »
    GET SMOKED
    Bonesy [Posts: 92]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/rwbonesy/
    • [September 23, 2017, 09:51:31 PM]
    « Reply #264 on: September 23, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »
    i am extremely inclined to agree
    • View Profile
    • [September 28, 2017, 04:39:17 PM]
    « Reply #265 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:40:25 PM by Barren »
    • View Profile
    • [October 04, 2017, 04:38:29 PM]

• View Profile
    • [October 18, 2017, 09:52:06 PM]

• View Profile
    • [October 26, 2017, 06:14:52 PM]
    I'm not sure if I can pass the 2nd Zalmo fight right now because it's way too hard. Even with Arrow Guard and Magic Defend UP and some degree of evasion I still get the bad end of the stick. If anyone has a recommended setup I can use to win the fight a lot easier that would be great. I'm really frustrated at the moment

Macheman7 [Posts: 2]
    • View Profile
    • [October 27, 2017, 06:06:50 AM]
    I'm not sure if I can pass the 2nd Zalmo fight right now because it's way too hard. Even with Arrow Guard and Magic Defend UP and some degree of evasion I still get the bad end of the stick. If anyone has a recommended setup I can use to win the fight a lot easier that would be great. I'm really frustrated at the moment

Going off my personal experience, I'd recommend taking weapon stealing/breaking abilities, and so on that can debilitate the Archers. I had a Thief hop right on up there and steal their bows, but that might not work for you, seeing as it's fairly luck-based. The Geomancers weren't a problem for my Summoner and either of Rapha or Malak, I forget which. Their spells are very powerful, when they hit. When going after Zalmo himself, I ran into difficulty as well, because he's built like a tank. Surrounding him and beating on him worked alright, as I recall, though I may have used some tactic to deplete his MP or otherwise hamper his Leviathans and so on.
    I'm not a master at FFT, and less so at KO, but you asked. Hope it helps, I find your videos highly entertaining, Barren.

On the subject of the patch itself-
    Monsters: They're weird. Eye Gouge having Don't Act makes Goblins way tougher than expected, but makes Heal far more valuable. I was stuck at Sweegy until I figured out to bring it. Some are very powerful, and some are moderate. I think getting taken down a notch would help. Chocobo heals being single-target is weird, but the Esuna raising is game-changing. I used a Chocobo several times when I didn't have a dedicated healer, and their pecks ain't half bad, either, especially when Slow connects.
    T. G. Cid: You've ruined him. And I hate you and love you for it.
    I will be returning to, and editing, this post tomorrow, when I am not half-asleep.
    All in all, this is a fairly well-balanced patch, pretty much.
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:02:19 AM by Macheman7 »
  • Mediator
    Eternal [Posts: 3013]
    • View Profile
    • [October 31, 2017, 12:36:35 AM]
    Yeah, Zalmo is definitely getting bashed upside the head with the nerf stick in the next update. I honestly was hoping to have it done by now before you got to him because I knew he'd be an issue. I think part of the challenge is that Zalmo is just too good all around in that fight (never thought I'd say that about Zalmo...). He can be basically invincible and drop lots of damage on you at once. Barren, I'll send you a temporary fix sometime this week so you can continue the LP. :)

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    • View Profile
    • [October 31, 2017, 12:17:47 PM]
    Yeah, Zalmo is definitely getting bashed upside the head with the nerf stick in the next update. I honestly was hoping to have it done by now before you got to him because I knew he'd be an issue. I think part of the challenge is that Zalmo is just too good all around in that fight (never thought I'd say that about Zalmo...). He can be basically invincible and drop lots of damage on you at once. Barren, I'll send you a temporary fix sometime this week so you can continue the LP. :)

Thanks Eternal, it would definitely help me continue the LP. I just didn't want to keep uploading failed attempts of me struggling against Zalmo.

• View Profile
    • [November 07, 2017, 02:35:59 PM]
    « Reply #272 on: November 07, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]