• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA:ClassChange

Started by MountainDew~, December 07, 2011, 06:48:49 pm

MountainDew~

December 07, 2011, 06:48:49 pm Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:32:36 am by MountainDew~
This is a personal project with the end goal of making things less laughably easy. I'm only releasing it because I figured if I make it, why not share it. I do appreciate some feedback, such as something is overpowered, or I can't beat this or that etc. I'll be playing through this, but it will be up and posted before I have played the entire game, and some people may have more time than I do (although, school semester is over, FTW!) I'm using Darthatron's editor found here

I am by NO means experienced in ANY way at balancing anything. This entire "balancing" thing that I'm doing will be me playing through and changing things as I find them too difficult or easy. Any suggestions or encounters are welcome and will be listened to.

General Overview

Humes:  Classes are versatile in equipment choices, Not quite as good as other races at what they do.
Bangaa: Physical, physical, and very little magic.
Moogle:  Very much a "middle" class, no benefits but no drawbacks either. (stat-wise)
Nu Muu: Low speed and are potent with all things magic (even the physical classes)
Viera:     High Speed, somewhat lower HP than other races
Specials: Cid is OP as I don't even know what.  Babus is now a Glass cannon, and Ezel will be a Debuff figure.
Bosses:  Totemas, Judges, Llednar, and Battle Queen got large, large stat boosts (Or so it was planned), and Li-grim also has almost 800 average in every stat.
Monsters: SHOULD have a powerful normal attack now, and every monster has a resistance and weakness (or two, or three...)

As of right now, there are two player-usable R abilities: Counter and Magic Counter, availiable to the starting class (Soldier/Warrior/Fencer/Thief[Mog]/Beastmaster for Counter, White/Black Mage/Bishop  for Magic Counter)
Considering removing All Support abilities except Attack/Magic Up, Shield Bearer, and Monkey Grip. Both Attack/Magic Up will be late earns. (There is something more of a job tree, now.)

Job Tree!

Viera

Hume

Nu Muu

Moogle

Bangaa

For specific growth rate and stat bases to plan a team early, or just to glimpse at the changes, take a look at these

May or may not start an item-related Excel sheet as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

I love the idea of limiting Reactions. Maybe include Return Fire and Auto: Regen as well?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MountainDew~

Okay, uploaded the Patch, sorry for the .rar name, the file name should be fine.
This has not been play tested at all yet, but I am going to very soon.

Ethereal Embrace

I personally don't like the idea of getting rid of supports and reactions: it allows for so much customation.  I will, however, concede to the point that it makes things very difficult to balance, but it's more fun with them, in my opinion. 

But Magick Counter is one the dumbest things to exist in FFTA2: full mp cost to target only one person, and that the spell they use will like be either resisted or absorbed (see Flan).  Magick was just really dumb in general, when it came to FFTA2.

MountainDew~

I got rid of the player using all the supports and reactions because they truly were overpowered, and while there are ways to fix it, I can't do any of them with what have availiable.  Even if I could give more enemy jobs better R and S abilities I would allow the player to have them. I agree about the customization part though. It definitely is nice to have a dual wielding paladin..

I also got rid of DualCast for the Red Mage, and replaced it with Spell Return, because I have no way of limiting it to Red Magic only.

MountainDew~

Okay. First patch (v0.1) is now up and available for download :) The opening battle vs the Bangaa is winnable, don't tell me it isn't, I tried it 3 times and won twice :P