• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:27:08 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Game start is Black

Started by MountainDew~, December 03, 2011, 04:52:49 am

MountainDew~

Modified the stats I wanted, messed around with a few things sprite wise (used yellow instead of blue for player sprites, nothing big), but when I get to where Marche first gets his soldier clothes... he starts descending downwards towards the ground.. and the screen fades into black and doesn't come back.

That big flying red Ahriman who flies across the desert is also just a black shadow on the ground, as if the sprite isn't there or the game doesn't read it. It shows up just fine on my editor.

What could be the problem?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Darthatron

Are you using the latest version? http://darth.ffhacktics.com/app/AIO/0.6.0.1.zip

Make sure you haven't accidentally set the Checksum byte (in the "Other" tab) to a value other than 0 (zero,) as this would cause errors.
  • Discord username: Darthatron

MountainDew~

December 05, 2011, 11:17:47 am #2 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:39:33 pm by MountainDew~
I was not using the latest version it would seem. I was using 5.8.6.. I'll redo all this and let you know how it goes. Oh, and no, I never touched the checksum for any character.

Item Editor isn't working for me. "Arithmetic operation Resulted in an overflow"

Okay, tried running the game without using the Item editor for anything, I used the Level Scaling Hack, the Enable Level Scaling hack on all battles, and the MP Regeneration #1 hack. I re-pointed a job requirements thing, and didn't touch anything else (other than stats). I ran into the same issue as before(Ahriman was a shadow, game froze as Marche descended).  The snowball fight was fine.
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Darthatron

Yeah, one of the old versions set the checksum to 0xFF. So... just manually set them to 0.
  • Discord username: Darthatron