• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:29:19 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Aevum: The Black Rose

Started by Lydyn, November 01, 2011, 12:43:19 am

Lydyn

November 01, 2011, 12:43:19 am Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:26:10 pm by Lydyn
The coin felt heavy in his hand. The golden surface reflected a heavenly image of gates, shining in the morning sun. Somehow it felt like his entire life had lead to this one event, the gentle hand of fate guiding him to their city, Telid'. He was to meet the living gods, beings so powerful and magnificent that no one knew what else to call them. Only years earlier, Virkum, set himself to gain an audience with these living gods in order to save his family from starving.

So much has happened since then, so much so that it seemed like a lifetime ago. He had tasted bloodshed and power since then and though he was no greedy man, it had changed him, for the better or so he hoped. His eyes finally gazed up as the gates opened, revealing a palace that was made of silver marble laced with black and seemed to glow with the radiance that was godhood. Little did he know, this was but the start of a long journey.

------------------------------------

Goal: The goal of Aevum: The Black Rose is to best reflect the magic that has been designed for a role-play I made on Roleplayer Guild.

Our Hero: Virkum

List of Changes to meet this Goal
• There will be eleven classes, reach reflecting a level of mastery over magic, from Novice, Apprentice, Journeymen, and beyond.
• There will be 8 words that the player can learn through-out the game, with room for 4 more if needed. Some examples include, Flame, Thunder, Life, and Warrior.
• Abilities will require the Word of Focus support ability to use each type of magic. For example, to use [Flame: Fireball], you'd have to equip [Word of Focus: Flame] as a support ability. Each class will have several types of word magic, but characters will only be able to equip two words of focus at any one time.
• Fusion Magic will be present, magic that will be useable once two words are combined. An example is using [Word of Focus: Flame] and [Word of Focus: Warrior]. This would grant you the ability to use [Flame Warrior: Fire Strike] in battle.
• Using FDC's ASM, characters will be limited to one level per battle along with 150 JP awarded for winning each map. Also, random encounters will not exist.
• Special characters besides Virkum (Ramza with a new sprite) will not be playable at all, since Holy Knights, Dark Knights, and Soldiers do not exist in this type of setting. However, sidequests will still be available.
• Price adjusting.
• More focus on melee (since magic will be - generally - more limited via amount of options).
• Only blades, spears, polearms (or staves), daggers, bows, crossbows, ninja blades, and katanas.

List of Changes that may happen
• New Spell Effects
• New Music
• Slightly altered scenes (a combined effort to get rid of special characters).
• Lower Gold (Gil) rewards.
• Light, Medium, Heavy Armor.

List of changes that have happened
• Renamed skills in the FFT Patcher for better organization.
• Completed Virkum's sprite.
• Made final decision on max HP/MP/PA/MA.
• Completed Job Class, skills, and skillsets up to Journeymen.
• Applied ASM hacks to ISO.
• Added Additional effects to equipping words.

Flame: +8% PA
Thunder: +9% Speed
Ice: +6% MA
Earth: +5% HP & MP
Life: +10% HP
Bless: +66% C-Ev
Curse: Cancels: Stop, Slow, and Death Sentence
Warrior: +10% MP

• Came up with all new generic skillset, skills, and job names.

Job Names: Novice, Apprentice, Journeymen, Adept, Expert, Master, Grandmaster, Demi-Deity, Lesser Deity, Greater Deity, Immortal Deity
Skillset names: Incantation I-III For Ramza, Magic I-XI for generics.
Spell Names (76 spells total)
     Life: Cure I-III, Heal I-III
     Warrior: Double Slash, Triple Slash, Endless Blades, Wind Blade I-III
     Flame: Inferno I-III, Blaze I-III
     Thunder: Bolt I-III, Lightning I-III
     Ice: Icicle I-III, Blizzard I-III
     Earth: Breath I-III, Quake I-III
     Bless: Angel Tear I-III, Everlight I-III
     Curse: Devil Kiss I-III, Black Void I-III
     Fusion Waterlash, Flare, Magma, Phoenix, Bravery, Melt, Flame Blade, Hail, Wither, Icy Death, Reflect, Freeze, Sharpen, Thunderburst, Mystic Armor, Quickness, Slow, Lightning Stab, Rock Armor, Regeneration, Break, Earth Slash, Infuse Life, Damnation, Blood Sword, Esuna, Hallowed Blade, Dispel Strike.

Credits
• Eternal
• Zaen
• Kalas
• Raven

------------------------------------

That's all for now. If I think of more changes that are planned or discussed, I'll edit this. Thank you.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Sounds pretty interesting.  I'd like to see this one come to fruition.

Joseph Strife

Man, so many mods being started these days, are we in a golden age in FFH? This sounds realy interesting, good luck with your project and hop onto IRC sometimes to get some help.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Lydyn

Quote from: Joseph Strife on November 01, 2011, 10:23:39 am
Man, so many mods being started these days, are we in a golden age in FFH? This sounds realy interesting, good luck with your project and hop onto IRC sometimes to get some help.

Already have, lol. I've been on and off since 2008. I actually have a completed patch floating around here somewhere. It's called Shuushin, though my first post has been removed apparently, so the changelog is missing.

Kagebunji

Luydyn, we need to talk about this sprite on IRC...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Lydyn on November 01, 2011, 01:34:39 pm
Already have, lol. I've been on and off since 2008. I actually have a completed patch floating around here somewhere. It's called Shuushin, though my first post has been removed apparently, so the changelog is missing.

You see, i'm relatively new in the comunity, so i don't know nothing before i joined, glad to see you guys have been doing good things for so long.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

formerdeathcorps

November 01, 2011, 06:40:38 pm #6 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:41:31 pm by formerdeathcorps
If you're going to use my ASMs, do realize that I tend to override the free space given to hacks that I'm not using in my own patch.  In the case of the ASM you posted about, it overrides Xif's GSH.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Lydyn

Not sure what Xif's GSH does, but I don't recognize it, so I'm probably not using it. =P

Lydyn

Updated! Put a list of changes that have been completed thus far.

Jumza

I think the buffs for Flame and Warrior should be switched, why would being a warrior give you more MP? It should Raise PA. But this looks like it's gonna be a great patch!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lydyn

November 06, 2011, 08:12:09 pm #10 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:26:51 pm by Lydyn
It's the nature of the word, plus the sake of how I'm balancing the game ... I'm working towards a Ch.1 Beta.

Edit: Should be on the original post and working for now. Remember it's a beta ... read what I've changed thus far.

Edit II: Nevermind. This patch isn't test-worthy. I still need to add text changes and modify JP values. I'll do that later.

Shade

Quote from: Lydyn on November 01, 2011, 08:06:21 pm
Not sure what Xif's GSH does, but I don't recognize it, so I'm probably not using it. =P

General Skillset Hack
It can change what skillset does so chainging skillsets to something else is now easy, especially if using Raven's spreadsheet.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou