• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (OLD!)

Started by Eternal248, October 17, 2011, 10:22:38 am

Eternal

I plan for Sonicboom to deal no damage at all, but inflict Confuse in a small AoE.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethereal Embrace

When Darth comes out with the Skill editor, I'm not even having Phoenix raise the dead (also, having 100% of killing undead is broken at points).  Summoner's will just a get a nerfing in general, skill-wise, not stat-wise.

Eternal, this is obviously your game therefore what I think about the following doesn't not need your approval:  I don't agree with the Mp system - one of the few things I HATED about FFTA2 was its Mp system.  I planned to raise base MP by 20-30 and lower growth to have 5.1 or 4.1 as the maximum MP (haven't decided yet).  I also planned on raising Mp cost to intervals of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 60-80 (for Ultima). 

Eternal

We were discussing bringing the old MP system back, and I'm all for it if we remove MP Regen, which also fixes Damage > MP... so you may just get your wish. :P
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Ethereal Embrace

October 31, 2011, 08:34:16 pm #43 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:20:05 pm by Ethereal Embrace
I think I just might remove Damage > Mp completely...Except give it to some monsters  :lol:  (who have relatively low Mp).  I played around with the game.  I main gripe is that the characters die to soon so I rose the Hp about 1.0 for every job and doubled the base original Hp (but lowered evasion). And I decided to fight the totemas, needless to say, I was underwhelmed so I rose Hp, Atk, Def growth by 2 and by about 20 base and rose speed by 30 base so he could actually do something and it turned out wonderful - hard but far from impossible, especially with computer AI.

Quote from: Eternal248 on October 31, 2011, 03:03:15 pm
We were discussing bringing the old MP system back, and I'm all for it if we remove MP Regen, which also fixes Damage > MP... so you may just get your wish. :P

Uh, I liked in FF Tactics where Mp regen was very low and Mp cost was also pretty low except for higher spells, there the Mp regen was 1 per turn.  I think I'd prefer it at 2 but 5 is too much.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Yeah, the Totema (and almost all the singleton bosses) need better speed than vanilla.  I usually beat the Totema before they get 3 turns, often before they get 2 turns.

Pata Hikari

Quote from: Author on October 29, 2011, 06:05:10 am
Game falls into the similar pattern after you do the negotiation grind. Get Cinqueda, do Wanted! (Giza Plains) to pick up Steal Weapon and Steal Armor, and then start making loots. However, the loot tables here are royally fucked. I'm still running into Leather Garb on quest enemies at level 15+. Once I grinded Montblanc from 1 to 11 (took about 10 minutes of a mission), he became useful again, although waaay outshadowed in damage by my Nu Mou and Ramza. A large problem is how shops open -they don't. I'm just past Cheetahs and the fucking store is selling one greatbow (without sniper skills) and that's it. At level 15+, that's not good at all. Fix that up.

Have... have you tried not doing the "negotiation grind"?

I mean, I tried doing it once, I quit five minutes in because it was so boring.

Ethereal Embrace

Gonna fight the 2nd Totema soon.  I'll have to test it more than just three times this time.  I don't want it to be too easy - which is not easy to do at all.

Author

I beat FFTA without negotiation grind on my first playthrough.

It was still simple. Negotiation grind is mostly because I DEMAND RAMZA NOT SUCK

I DEMAND IT

GeneralStrife

Laws were so annoying, I've never seen anyone want them to stay (until now)

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: GeneralStrife on November 02, 2011, 06:20:02 pm
Laws were so annoying, I've never seen anyone want them to stay (until now)

Perhaps they realized just how easy this game is.  I'm literally buffing all the monsters' stats by a good margin and they're still no big threat.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 02, 2011, 10:15:43 pm #50 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:15:49 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Quote from: Ethereal Embrace on November 02, 2011, 09:40:19 pm
Perhaps they realized just how easy this game is.  I'm literally buffing all the monsters' stats by a good margin and they're still no big threat.

Artificial balance is not balance.  Too bad SE never figured that out.

Eternal

Made a bunch of text edits today, so things have some clearer and cleaner names. i.e, Spellblade Tech is simply Spellblade now, Spirit Magic -> Elementalism, Excalibur2 -> Tournesol, etc.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 05, 2011, 04:59:38 pm
Made a bunch of text edits today, so things have some clearer and cleaner names. i.e, Spellblade Tech is simply Spellblade now, Spirit Magic -> Elementalism, Excalibur2 -> Tournesol, etc.

Uh, I hope you're removing the Tech/Skill laws now that there's no way to figure out what's a tech and what's a skill

Eternal

Well, until we decide on what to do with Laws, Laws are gone anyways. When Laws come back, I wouldn't be against changing the names back, since I thought of that as well.

Eternal

(Though personally, I'd like to see the Anti-Tech/Anti-Skill Laws removed, since even with Vanilla names they were vague at best.)

UltimagaWeapon

I like the idea of no MP Regen but full MP at the beginning.

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: UltimagaWeapon on November 06, 2011, 01:43:20 am
I like the idea of no MP Regen but full MP at the beginning.

I can't say that I agree.

Zaen

How about the same MP regen, but half MP at the beginning? Then Matra Magic isn't ridiculously OP in early portions of the battle.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Eternal

We can always just change Matra Magic, you know. :P