• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:15:18 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Update!

Started by Eternal248, May 04, 2011, 08:09:17 am

Eternal

May 04, 2011, 08:09:17 am Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:15:10 am by Eternal248
Been a while since I've made a substantial update of any sort, but I'm quite pleased at the rate things are going. Sadly, a lot of event editing has been cut for now, but I'm reworking the jobs and items to be a bit more clean and balanced than they were in the demo. With any luck, I'll soon be able to release a version of Parted Ways with these changes (again, without the new events/script- that was lost a while ago and we have to redo them).

Here are some of the concepts I'm considering toying around with:

-Removing stat growth from jobs- making each job have unique class multipliers/innates. The problem I have with this is that it affects things in the long-term game, and might make people want to raise units more-or-less the same.

-3,000 Gil per piece of gear- This is mostly done since most gear (except for ultimate weapons, mostly) have been rebalanced to be useable at almost any point in the game, and custom setups are highly encouraged.

-Battle Rewind- a simple concept where you can "revisit" old battles later in the game at certain areas, albeit without the events/named characters. For example, after battling Zalera at Limberry, you can rebattle an Angel of Death, 3 Skeletons, and 2 Sentinels at Dolbodar Swamp.

-Return of the Generics- since some vanilla FFT generic jobs have been removed for the new jobs, I decided that I'll try and make some of those jobs available again in some way by winning certain random battles. This way people can enjoy the new jobs while still being able to obtain some of the old ones. This mostly applies to the Ninja, Dragoon, and Calculator.

-Steal being important- Break skills have been removed (except for possibly Meliadoul's- to be determined later). This means that if you want to strip your enemies naked, you'll actually need to use Steal! Strange concept, huh.

Not a huge post, I know. But I mostly wanted to let you guys know this is still being worked on. Ultimately, I think this will be much cleaner in the end, and much easier to edit later on if (and when) necessary.

EDIT: Attached a spreadsheet that will show a bit more in-depth look into the skills/items in PW.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 04, 2011, 08:09:17 am

-3,000 Gil per piece of gear- This is mostly done since most gear (except for ultimate weapons, mostly) have been rebalanced to be useable at almost any point in the game, and custom setups are highly encouraged.

Sounds cool

Lijj

Good idea about having vanilla jobs unlockable. Great doing away with Knight breaks
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Event edits got deleted? How did that happen? :(

Anyway, once I am done with Lysay and Ninja, I will try to move on with Female Berserker sprite. I hope you will use Ninja sprite as a replacement for Vanilla one, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

S_Hawkeye

Nice, this project seems interesting. Btw how it works la seraphie? (halve and weak did't suppose to cancel each other?)

Eternal

May 06, 2011, 11:29:28 pm #5 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:29:50 pm by Eternal248
It's meant to nullify other elemental affinities. Basically, it causes all damage taken by an element to be neutral (unless nulled or absorbed). So you could combine the La Seraphie with say, Frigid Armor to get the MP bonus from it while no longer being weak to Fire (but you'd also then take neutral damage from Ice).
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Durbs

I like a lot of your ideas. I especially like that you can't just simply change to overpowered classes; you actually have to go out and look for them, as well as the rewind. Picking this up tomorrow. :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Those features aren't included in the current demo, and the demo is- once again- sorely inaccurate. Pride's computer messed up and the events were lost so we can't clean them up. But all the mechanics and stuff that were in the demo will be in the final product. For a more accurate reading of the jobs and items, I advise you pickup the spreadsheets I posted earlier and give them a view. Thanks for the interest! :D