• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The call of Power - General info/discussion thread

Started by Kokojo, January 15, 2009, 02:13:41 am

Wiz

Alright, so in my vid up above in the previous post focused on the fights and what I thought on each of them. Here, I'll give my insight of what I think should be fixed for the specific abilities/stats/etc... for all the jobs.

Class and Stat-Wise: They're fine overall. Their higher speed compensates for their lower HP.

Ability-Wise:
Pump Heart - Increase the success rate on it. 68% neutral compat seems kinda low, perhaps 78%?

Class and Stat-Wise: Like the Squire, but less speed for a lil more health and more power w/ being  able to equip an Axe

Ability-Wise:
Wicked World - Decrease isn't useful at all within this patch, change to an MP Damage attack perhaps.
Pyroclasm - A. Reduce its speed of 50 to 13 like synergy and OR B. Reduce its speed to 18 and reduce the damage by 20%  or so.

Class and Stat-Wise: Everything's Okay. Like the squire.

Ability-Wise:
Mental Shield - Where is it? I've got a mastered unit w/ all jobs and even w/ it learned, it doesn't pop up in the skillest in battle 0.o
Fear - Reduce it's speed from 50 to 25 (Stupid Telepaths in the fight against Schaefer

Class and Stat-Wise: Low HP, but good hybrid unit w/ offensive MP and healing. As noted before,  Half MP as a support ability makes them all the more useful. One of my favorite classes.

Ability-Wise:
Synergy - Increase the amount of MP it gives you. 3 MP heals from Gospel's laughable).

Class and Stat-Wise: Very Good stats overall for a lower speed value and being able to equip only light armor. Underrated Class.

Ability-Wise:
Judge - The Don't Act/Move procs don't work it seems.
Trial - A. Make it so that it hits 4 times total OR B. Reduce the MP Cost down to 2 since it's a random number of hits

Class and Stat-Wise: Typical Generic Knight. Nothing too special

Ability Wise:
Stab Legs - Don't Move Doesn't Trigger, making it a waste of MP (Fix this). If possible, make it proc 100% upon contact.
Head Strike - Same Issue as Stab Legs.

Class and Stat-Wise: Change Job Requirements from Level 3 Telepath to Level 3 Elementalist like the Telepath. Less than average HP, but evasive as hell from the front and good abilities w/ good speed, so it balances out.

Ability-Wise:
Dimension X - Increase the percentage/success rate by a tad
Terror - Scrap it. No need for a Br. Reduction Move.
Slow Dance - It doesn't do anything even when a direct hit occurs? Fix it to do what it's suppose to do or scrap it.

Class and Stat-Wise: Good amount of HP, but make it so that they have access to light gear, not heavy gear.

Ability-Wise (LOLOLOL): Nearly the whole slew of abilities needs to be reworked.
Lucky Infusion: Make it one large heal for 6-8 HP for the 5 MP cost. Rename to infusion since it's not luck based where it heals "up" to 3 times
Sanity Gamble: Increase Hit Percentage Slighly and reduce from 8 to 6 MP cost.
Lucky 7: Increase hit from 1-7 times to 4-7 times and feel free to decrease the damage output if you feel it's too high. Reduce JP cost of 777 to 300
Health Gamble: See Sanity Gamble up above (MP cost is fine)
Roulette Fissure: Make it a linear attack (Kiku) as provided in the description. Basically, an instant yet slightly weaker version of pyroclasm that costs MP. Bump JP Cost up to 180.

Class and Stat-Wise: A little less than average HP for one speed and the steal skillset. Good hybrid to try out.

Ability-Wise:
X-Bomb - Increase percentage on it by like 10-15%

Class and Stat-Wise: More than average HP for very slow movement. High damage dealer as well who should get innate Martial Arts.

Ability-Wise:
Soulseek: Make it usable on enemies too.
Gravelstrike - See "Pyroclasm" in the Berserker Skillset

Class and Stat-Wise: Lots of MP for a less than average HP and no character evasion balance each other out well. Prereq to unlock is level 4 FateBinder, what class is that. Make it accessible after getting a level 2 Telepath or Phaseshifter.

Ability-Wise:
Magic Rift - Reduce MP from 6 to 5
Infuse - Increase percentage by 10 or so
Deplete - See infuse + make it instant
All Magic - Decrease MP from 22 to 15 and increase damage by a couple of points.

Class and Stat-Wise: Above average HP for below average MP. Reduce requirements to level 2 Daredevil

Ability-Wise:
Quick Order - Increase  percentage by 15 or so
Tactics - Increase HP gain from 4 to 6

Class and Stat-Wise: Well above average HP (Highest of all units) with average MP set back by being unable to equip weapons besides spears and heal by conventional means! Give innate: Martial Arts and Reduce Requirements to level 2 Guardian.

Ability-Wise:
Energy Wave - Give it 2 Vertical to balance out it's 12 MP cost.
Soul Crush - Increase Damage by 1/3 or so for it's expensive single panel 8 MP cost.

Well that about does it. I was going to talk about description errors (as in they didn't match up), but I can point that out later in the bugs thread. One last note, get rid of the level 99 Magus, still present in 1.3000!

Here's the file in .txt format Koko :mrgreen:

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Durbs

Quote from: Wiz on July 06, 2011, 03:33:11 am
Alright, so in my vid up above in the previous post focused on the fights and what I thought on each of them. Here, I'll give my insight of what I think should be fixed for the specific abilities/stats/etc... for all the jobs.

I agree with all of the above. Wiz hit the nail on the head.
  • Modding version: PSX

Joseph Strife

Okay kokojo, i've told i would and here it is, my report on ch.1 of CoP

Quote from: Durbs on July 06, 2011, 09:24:32 am
I agree with all of the above. Wiz hit the nail on the head.

Totaly

Altough i'd like to make some points

1) Your story seems quite interesting, i'm eager to see what's coming up on ch. 2
2) The jobs and abilities are cool, but need some fixes, Wiz pointed everything out.
3) I liked the way you made the war trophies, making a tresure box appear in the formation and then you get the itens there. It fit with the type of CoP, where you can't freely walk on map and look's more like an "RPG just go for it!". Nice job!
4) The battles proved realy amusing, Noobs and pros can play the game the same way.
5) What was that?! 6 puppets with regen and reraise, i liked that a LOT, but goddamit, i don't feel like seing a puppet for a loooong time :evil:
6) Last battle was cool, Ice cold was realy hard dealing with untill i don't moved lesial. A thief sure comes in hand, i stole all his equip and looks like this will be a way of getting better iten all over the game.

Overall, it realy cool, the sprites look great, nice storyline and cool battles. Keep up the good work and count on me for what i can help you with. :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kokojo

Thanks for the comments and reviews. I am pleased! Of course you're really gentle to do this for me.

I've read them and il ajust/continue with around what's proposed.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Tyler

I just wanna say from what I've seen, this hack looks very very awesome. Keep up the amazing work, Koko.
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Wiz

August 31, 2011, 02:59:18 pm #146 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:01:00 pm by Wiz
Little late on the delivery by about 5 days (as in posting here), but the execution's dandy.

Call of Power version 1.500 Chapter 1 Playthrough and Assessment

As a side note, I've stated it in the deep past, but putting "&fmt=18" at the end of the url, which in this case is "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpeen3ikyvY";, enhances the vid to High Quality (slightly superior video and audio interfaces), so keep that in mind whenever watching YT vids :D

Forgot to say, but Ch. 2 will go up tomorrow of CoP meaning I'll be recording today Koko. Don't want to keep you waiting ;D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

So Kokojo, I ended up beating l. Lesial afterall and now i'm at the part just past the mother of all Treants. He/she never used psithurism on me though:/..
Anyhow it's great fun and the events, maps and script are just great!

3lric

September 21, 2011, 04:56:32 pm #148 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:25:12 pm by Elric
Hi, i just joined this forum to tell you what an awesome job you are doing on this project. Im currently running this on my PS2 and im absolutely loving it as FFT (PSX Ver, didn't like the dialogue in the PSP ver) is by far my favorite game of all time, IMO no other Tactics game even comes close, very distantly followed by FFTA2. By people like you making these projects you've given new life to something very dear to me and i can't thank you enough, and if there is anything else i can ever do to aid in this project i would love the opportunity. With all the awesome sprites in the downloads section I'm kinda thinking of putting one together with a story involving main characters from quite a few different games, hopefully i can find the info i need to start doing so somewhere on this forum lol. Once again great job, and keep up the good work!

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.