• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:53:54 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help. Changing abilities to learn on hit

Started by Leon, July 07, 2018, 10:07:18 am

Leon

Hey guys

Lets say i change "shadowblade" for "sanguine sword in Gaffgarion's skill set, and put it to "learn on hit".
I expect that "sanguine" will be locked for DK, until he is hit by Gaffgarion of course.
But will Gaffgarion have it learned alredy when he enters my party? How that math works?

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

"Learn on Hit" alone doesn't affect whether or not it can be learned with JP too. The -ja spells can all be learned both ways.

IIRC you can't put an Ultima like skill in a Job's base skillset and have the character use it in battle. This isn't normally a problem, since you just slap a custom non-generic skillset on the enemy you want to learn it from, but you want it on one of Gaffy's main skills, and he starts as a party member.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Leon

I was about to remove the JP condition to see if AI would consider it like Zodiarc, for example.

Or, if the job level of Gaffy would make that skill appear as leaned, considering that its cheap.

By the way, do you know what that "unknow" at AI behavior and "type" of Skill are?

Thanks!

3lric

Quote from: Leon on July 07, 2018, 01:36:49 pm
I was about to remove the JP condition to see if AI would consider it like Zodiarc, for example.

Or, if the job level of Gaffy would make that skill appear as leaned, considering that its cheap.

By the way, do you know what that "unknow" at AI behavior and "type" of Skill are?

Thanks!

Are you using the most recent version of FFTPatcher? I know most of these should have names now, but not all of them. If you look around the forum, I know secondadvent or RavenOfRazgriz had an explanation of what these unknowns actually did.
  • Modding version: PSX

Leon

Thanks Elric, i found the list Raven posted!