• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:56:46 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help. Can someone appoint me for a mod with that characteristics?

Started by Leon, July 02, 2018, 02:45:49 pm

Leon

I am having a difficult time trying to choose what mod i could apply to really add replay value for me.  I tought if someone could help with that!

Its so much information, and considerations.. blame me for being of Libra sign!   :lol:

I aim for something like ;

- Level scaling for story battles.

- Better growths for Lucavi and demonkin.

- IDk if some mod have more enemies per scenario.

- A special job just for Ramza.
(Dark Knight in WOTL was perfect, in my opinion, fits in history. A shame its not locked for him.)

Thanks in advance for any opinion and indication!

(looking for PSP version, to emulate, but if the mod only exist in PSX thats ok, I will be happy too!)

xxxxxx  xxxxxx  xxxxxx

Rumblings and reasons why (for the ones with patience)  :roll:

---- Increased difficulty :

I have being reading some summaries particularities. Some mods did a commendable job rebalancing the game battles by changing jobs and roles.
They did got more tactical. I am veteran, i was inclined to get the hard ones. But these got the heavier changes, and that, consequently drove then more far from the in-game story logic.

OBS: Orlandeau is in fact too strong. But in the known Ivalice he is the Thunder God. Its suggested that only Balbanes could match him directly. So diminishing his power in direct confront to any other unit in game, is also sacrificing the story.
(i have seem mods removing his Divine Kinght's skills. Doesn't hurt his epithet, still T.G. Cid all. We can imagine that he was developing the more "killing fast" dueling and war techniques. That, instead of the the disabling ones like do the Templars, wich take the "hunter" role for the church).

So, i prefer any higher difficulty as long as it is closely tied to the story. A generic group that can $%%#%$ Ramza's party close to end-game, for me, is hurting this story. Unless they are in bigger parties, have optimal positions, synergy between jobs, well equiped, etc - like Midlight's Deep :D

---- Special Job for Ramza :

I did jumped of joy when they gave Dark Knight officialy, to him. But allowing generics too, was again, a flaw so great as leaving him with jobs that did represented him.

I wished for Dark Knight, not solely because it was cool, but because it was also logic. FFT is game that portraits an aristocratic system, and so it gives the "jobs" based on severely social conditioning factors. These factor are the mold for the entire biography, including the personal competences. These competences are transfered by the "role" in wich the individual is expected to fit.
Thats why Ramza, was destined to something similar to Zalbg or Dycedarg. That until he got a crisis a of identity, left his House, and was taken by Gaffgarion's apprentice. In that moment, he was beig trained to be a Dark Knight too.

OBS: Obviously no coincidence, but Dycedarg's plan - Church interest apart. The boy needed to see the world, as a remedy to his naiveness. He said Balbanes coddled him. So Ramza was being a pawn, and also prepared to take his responsabilities as a Beoulve, after giving him time enough to "grow-up". Dycedarg would only abandon or sacrifice Beoulve blood if he has no hope to make it fit in his plans (like Balbane's death). It is notably that only after Ramza did rejected all offers made to him, that he could be killed.

After Zeirchelle Falls another trajetory of life, and recognition was set for him. An so, another job would also apply given time. But, he killed the cardinal, and was branded a herectic. After that, he did nothing but to search for the truh, and either his "image" nor his abilities was really set on another course. So.. still a DK. Doent matter inttentions here, the jobs of FFT are not about that. Even Wiefraf that was a White Knight, was so, because his role was clear to the people. He was pratically a "Paladin", typically fighting not for truth, not for his pleasure, not for his commrades, anything else but the faith in a common cause (changing Ivalice by idealistic Justice).

So thats why i wanted DK for Ramza alone. Or anything compatible in terms of story  :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

You can easily adjust the storyline battle levels, Lucavi stats, and add skills to Ramza's jobs in FFTPatcher to let him cross over into Dark Knight territory.

Maybe 2 hours of messing around with FFTP and you're done. It even works with the PSP version.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Leon

Quote from: Nyzer on July 02, 2018, 08:19:26 pm
You can easily adjust the storyline battle levels, Lucavi stats, and add skills to Ramza's jobs in FFTPatcher to let him cross over into Dark Knight territory.

Maybe 2 hours of messing around with FFTP and you're done. It even works with the PSP version.

Thats useful information for me! Ty for the reply

Seems that hack with these premades tool is not something just for experts. I will give it try.

FFT is meaningful to me.
Played original 20 years ago, and finished WOTL just this week. Guess i am excited :)

• Modding version: PSX & WotL