• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:09:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

AI Ability Learning

Started by Magic Gladii, July 18, 2017, 03:27:03 pm

Magic Gladii

For battle difficulty and AI balancing purposes:

When a human generic AI unit decides what abilities to learn, what order does it check the skillset's abilities in? Does it follow the abilities hex value, or does it follow the order listed in the skillsets tab of Patcher?

Ex. If Phoenix Down was placed in the second slot of the Item skillset right below Potion (instead of in the last slot), would it still be checked last? Or would it be checked directly after Potion?
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

First ability to the last ability of each skillset, if the unit has enough JP left, attempt to learn at Learn % (and consume the JP is successful).
I made a hack that increases flexibility for that drastically; it allows you to learn in a certain order, even randomize some skills.
That hack will be made available after Journey of the Five: Chapter 2 is released... again, because I can't find anyone to test my hacks and not lie to me that they will test and report bugs, and they just end up not doing so.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Magic Gladii

Perfect, thanks!

That saves me a bit of time since I've been quite busy lately. I haven't been able to mess around to figure these types of things out on my own these past few months.

Making challenging and interesting battles has been on the top of my list for a while, and this makes things easier.