Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT - The Lion War  (Read 65861 times)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Toshiko
Angel (Empress) [Posts: 1231]
  • View Profile
  • にゃにゃめにゃにゃじゅうにゃにゃどのにゃらびでにゃくにゃくいにゃにゃくにゃにゃはんにゃにゃだいにゃんにゃくにゃらべてにゃがにゃがめ
  • [June 14, 2017, 02:11:02 AM]
Re: FFT - The Lion War
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2017, 02:11:02 AM »
Simple answer: It's on the backburner while work is done on Journey of the Five. It's not dead, it's just easier to tackle one project at a time, and the project being tackled is kinda really huge.

• Modding version: PSX
  • * Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
    <@Elric> I agree to that as well
    At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?
    Seperest [Posts: 27]
    • View Profile
    • [June 14, 2017, 03:21:48 AM]
    « Reply #221 on: June 14, 2017, 03:21:48 AM »
    Thanks Angel! Glad to hear its still being worked on. :)

royalmurder [Posts: 1]
    • View Profile
    • [July 18, 2017, 04:49:43 PM]
    « Reply #222 on: July 18, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
    This project is very exciting!
    I've read through all the thread, and the idea of the NG+ system has me intrigued.
    Just wanted to pop in and say: Solid work on this so far, and good luck with finding the time and resources to continue on it.
    "Blame yourself or God."
    Ildon [Posts: 39]
    • View Profile
    • [September 09, 2017, 02:57:18 AM]
    « Reply #223 on: September 09, 2017, 02:57:18 AM »
    First I would like to thank the people that are currently working on this project as well as those that have in the past. 

From what I gathered from skimming over the posts this will be a patch adding nigh all of the best from the psp release to the original psx version.  (Aside from Luso being changed to a much better character imho.)

I'm guessing that the psx version simply cannot handle more than base + 4 roster size due to hard coded limitations and needing space for temporary guests.  Max of three in Ch.2 if I remember correctly.  However, that does mean that poaching your party is still much less tedious in Ch.4 than in base game.  =D 

Also, once this is out you say that it's fair game for modding?  Because I look forward to porting my mod over to the psx version if that is the case.  I figure it might take a quarter of the time to redo it. 

One concern that I have is whether there will be space to add even one unique class in addition to the extra content that has been added...

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • (PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.80 is now available. check here
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 3826]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [September 09, 2017, 06:04:13 PM]
    « Reply #224 on: September 09, 2017, 06:04:13 PM »
    First I would like to thank the people that are currently working on this project as well as those that have in the past. 

From what I gathered from skimming over the posts this will be a patch adding nigh all of the best from the psp release to the original psx version.  (Aside from Luso being changed to a much better character imho.)

I'm guessing that the psx version simply cannot handle more than base + 4 roster size due to hard coded limitations and needing space for temporary guests.  Max of three in Ch.2 if I remember correctly.  However, that does mean that poaching your party is still much less tedious in Ch.4 than in base game.  =D 

Also, once this is out you say that it's fair game for modding?  Because I look forward to porting my mod over to the psx version if that is the case.  I figure it might take a quarter of the time to redo it. 

One concern that I have is whether there will be space to add even one unique class in addition to the extra content that has been added...

No, we had to move stuff around just to fix the extra people we added. So you'd have to move or change some stuff.

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Shaders, anyone?
    MTCruvinel [Posts: 7]
    • View Profile
    • [November 05, 2017, 05:09:58 PM]
    « Reply #225 on: November 05, 2017, 05:09:58 PM »
    First let me say I know this is not my patch and that I areally appreciate the people working on this and I'm looking forward to it being released...

I don't know how many of you are aware, but FFXIV just released Return to Ivalice, written by Ivalice's original creator Yasumi Matsuno. In that raid, they introduced two dummied Lucavi: Rofocale of Sagittarius and Duma of Taurus - the later being summoned by Algus himself.

Is there any chance that now that we have info on the dummied content by its original creator, that these dummied Lucavi fights can be added into to project?
    Nyzer [Posts: 701]
    • View Profile
    • [November 05, 2017, 07:07:46 PM]
    « Reply #226 on: November 05, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
    Probably one of the biggest hurdles to that idea would be the sheer amount of dedication it would take to make a new Lucavi sprite.

But also, Rofokare doesn't really count as "dummied" content - the only thing in the game was his name, from what I've read up on the subject. The Sound Novels are dummied content - they were entirely present in the game, just not translated or accessible. If there was a partial event in the game with a partial sprite or something, I could maybe see it happening, but for just a name? I really doubt it.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]