• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Parted Ways Sprites

Started by Eternal248, August 02, 2011, 12:50:41 pm

Kagebunji

Let us wait till tomorrow, Wolf, heh.

Oh, and Twinees, after looking closer, I noticed that the upper part of hair on Elementalist seem kinda flat, maybe add some shades, highlight etc. there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Twinees

August 11, 2011, 12:10:49 am #41 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:45:39 am by Twinees
Quote from: Kagebunji on August 10, 2011, 01:36:02 pm
Let us wait till tomorrow, Wolf, heh.

Oh, and Twinees, after looking closer, I noticed that the upper part of hair on Elementalist seem kinda flat, maybe add some shades, highlight etc. there.

Tomorrow is here :P and you are right, I will fix the lack of highlights when i work on it next.

After seeing your concept Wolfran, I was inspired to do something of my own but I tried stick to your overall design. The male, on the left, is 14 colours atm (including the background colour) and the female , on the right, is 16 colours (including the background colour). I'm also thinking about changing the colour of the female's wristbands, and I'm not very happy with her skirt, any ideas? I hope everyone likes them.
Once I come up with a good design for the male elementalist, I'll decide which set I should work on first.

• Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Nojgaard

The male looks great =D i would love to have one of those in my party.
The female looks good too, the helm looks great but it seems a little out of place, maybe is the colour or maybe she needs a little more furr in her outfit.
Current Projects:     Coming Soon (or maybe not):

mav

The male looks damn near perfect. I'm not a fan of the clothing style on the female, but it's still pretty nice. For the skirt, I would replace it something akin to a loin cloth. Like Ayla, from Chrono Trigger. Your call though, cause she might end up looking trampy.

Cheetah

Twinees you are killing me, these are just so amazing. Are you officially pursuing a career as a spriter/artist?

Male Berserker: is INSANE. Perfect design, except the monk arm bands need to be blended in just a bit better, because I can still tell they are there. Just a couple pixel changes but that will make the arms pretty tough, but not for you. It would be amazing if the female had a different animal head, but I'm not sure what to use.

Female Elementalist: This is just an amazing sprite. I have no recommendations.

Female Berserker: Yeah it is the right idea but it needs some refinements. So for the skirt I think you should do a long, but divided skirt. Like something a Viera would wear, like this:

I would also recommend the animal furs be brown instead of tan, so that it doesn't blind with the sin tone as much. Maybe her skirt could also be the fur color and just her top could be brown.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

August 11, 2011, 01:22:43 am #46 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:45:46 am by GeneralStrife
I would stab someone for a Viera sprite, I thought about trying it myself. I remember a pretty bad jap Fran sprite floating around somewhere, still, its better than starting with a blank sheet.

Twinees

August 11, 2011, 04:57:09 am #47 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:34:35 am by Twinees
Thankyou everyone for the crits and comments, it has really helped with fixing the female berserkers design. I decided to go with a cheetah look for the hat, rounded ears and slightly different eye sockets. Added more fur, and added Cheetah's suggested for the skirt (ive yet to change the colour but i most likely will) and im down to 13 or 14 colours.

Quote from: Cheetah on August 11, 2011, 01:21:55 am
Twinees you are killing me, these are just so amazing. Are you officially pursuing a career as a spriter/artist?

Male Berserker: is INSANE. Perfect design, except the monk arm bands need to be blended in just a bit better, because I can still tell they are there.

I actually based the male berserker's arm entirely on the bare chested man and i didnt use the male monk as a reference at all :P.
And I'm in my final year of high school still Cheetah, so i still have decided what im going to do :P.

Lijj

Kagebunji

I agree. These two deserve to be in your party just because of the sprite, even if the class itself suck.

Eternal

I'm loving it! Maybe people will actually use Berserkers and Elementalists now! :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

I got pawned on my arm comments haha.

Female berserk looks great now except for some palette changes as you said. Obviously I love the cheetah head as well, the rounded ears make a big difference. You could maybe change the nose so it is a bit shorter to add even more variety.
Current Projects:

Joseph Strife

Man, the two berserkers are simply awesome! Great Job!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Wolfran

Omsa, It's beautiful, Twinn.
I think a tail is not a great idea because the animation in the walking frames could be a really pain in the ass.
And the left ear in the wolf helmet looks like it has a straight cut and the right ear in the female berseker maybe looks better a few pixels to the left and...
Quote from: Cheetah on August 11, 2011, 09:31:59 am
You could maybe change the nose so it is a bit shorter to add even more variety.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Per Et's request:

Kagebunji

Here is the spritesheet for Female Guardian. All she needs is a portrait and palettes. It misses few water frames(5 I think), but this will be done swiftly along with palettes.

Eternal

Excellent work as always, Kage! :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

August 18, 2011, 03:14:13 am #57 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:37:37 am by GeneralStrife
Quick female. Obviously she isn't as heavily armored........crits please.

Kagebunji

Thanks GS, but it looks too much like the male, hehe. I will stab the portrait later, so don't worry.

GeneralStrife

Awright, man. I was gonna leave some hair from onion port but there is none in the sprite.