• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Anima Zero

Since I haven't been able to think up a new team as of late...requesting a match using Darkfire, Frozen in Time, or The Raging Monk.  Priority on Darkfire would be best since I changed up one unit in it a while back and I'm curious to see how good of a change that was.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Shintroy

Is there an item or ability that hasn't been used in 139 yet? Outside of completely useless spells like Ultima and Bad Luck.
I'll commment on the matches Thursday. Busy.
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

April 29, 2015, 02:34:52 am #4062 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:18:40 pm by White Knight Wiegraf
Here's what I've gathered, but some may have been used since I took from existing teams:

Katar
Platinum Sword
Shieldrender
Ice Brand
Ultima Weapon
Excalibur
Kotetsu Knife
Kikuichimonji
Masamune (trap)
Thunder Rod
Dragon Rod
White Staff
Glacier Gun
Blast Gun
Night Killer
Hunting Bow
Lightning Bow
Mythril Spear
Holy Lance
Gokuu Rod
Persia
Ryozan Silk

Diamond Shield

Genji Helmet (not sure if team using it is 139)
Focus Band

Titan
Lich
Mind Ruin
Spell Absorb
Level Jump 2
Level Jump 3
Vertical Jump 7
Heaven's Cloud
Life Song (not sure if team is 139)
Disillusion

Brave Up

Equip Clothes (not functional)
Monster Talk
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Barren

Looks the sound effects are mute. Did you happen to be recording and the animatronics cut off your sound? Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum. If so then watch out because they'll stuff you in a suit! LOL. As for the match itself, I'm glad to see this team's potential after being trounced around the last couple of times. This team is meant to put pressure just by anticipating death. Just like playing the Five Nights at Freddy's game. Its all anticipation and jump scares. But yea landing those deaths and frogs were huge in my plan. Charm didn't quite work out that time thankfully. GG silentkaster, hope you had fun.
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

I pretty much knew the result when I saw the length of the video. Ladies Night Out goes for a longer victory and given that you can't tank abilities like Death and Frog (at least without the proper equipment which leaves you vulnerable to other things) means that it only had to land a few times to be successful. That Stop killed my team in Round 1. Horrible backfire. Will probably completely revamp this team so watch for that. GG Barren.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Mudvayne

Quote from: Mudvayne on April 27, 2015, 10:51:46 pm
Hi guys I just made a team and posted it in the team submission thread

I've been a huge fan of arena for awhile and finally made a team. Would love to see it in some matches if possible as I haven't actually tested the team out in battle yet  :oops:

Sorry, just putting this on the new page.

I'm a noobie and just made a team a few days ago and would love to see my team in action  :oops: :oops: :oops:

Would love to see Barren or CT5Holy record my match so I can hear their expert analysis on my team and how to improve it  :mrgreen:

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Anima Zero

Status spam and the sandbagging capabilities of kaster's team more or less was the crushing blow for me.  GG sir!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Mudvayne

Thanks for the matches guys they were great. I have some plans to remove the geo entirely for a new unit and switch some equips and spells on the scholars. GG to Otabo and quinn

silentkaster

Team performed pretty well. Point of team is to continually sandbag while chipping away. Worked okay this time. Not without it's weaknesses though. GG Anima Zero.

Otabo

April 30, 2015, 08:55:31 pm #4072 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:03:38 pm by Otabo
Yeah, nothing much to say that wasn't already said by Barren.

I ROFL'd. THROW STONE! Hilarious commentary - loved it! For real, though - boss Otabo is damn proud of his workers; raises all around; the squire especially gets one, by how good of a job she did to disrupt those scholars. Some Muramasas here and there, too. Ninja did her job, too - but I think I might be able to tweak her a little bit. Wizard had her hands up all match and made magic happen, as was expected, and mediator, yeah I went against my own advice and gave that chick Absorb MP like a moron. AND HOLY S*IT THE SQUIRE REALLY HAS ABANDON. WOW. So moronic of me. Changing that ASAP. Team even lived up to their name a little bit in the end of round 2 when things were already over and done with pretty much.

Reckless Rainbow needs a few tweaks, but I like it so far. Team isn't designed to do high damage or even decent damage (well, the wizard kinda is, but yeah.), but to hate on mages and casters.

GG Mudvayne, decent first team, keep working on it. And yes, mages need some type of way to restore MP - most important thing on a mage, really.

Mudvayne

April 30, 2015, 10:11:22 pm #4073 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:17:25 am by Mudvayne
Made some tweaks to my team. Namely I got rid of the geomancer entirely and replaced him with an MA stacked (19 or 20 with MAU) draw out bard. Mursame, masamune, and chiri. Also has diamond armlet for earth absorb and have earth clothes on the chemist, and one scholar is running quake, and both scholars are now rocking magic rings for silence protection and one has tornado. Both scholars only have bio 2 now as well. The scholars both also now have golden hairpins instead of holy miters for boosted cures, scholars both now only have cure and no more cure 3. Also gave Move-MP Up to both scholars for some mp restoration on top of the chemists hi-ether.

Would love to see another match up now with the edited version of my team.

Shintroy

Unreal blacklog.
Welcome to FFT Arena Mudvayne.

Katar - Definitely underused. Not as effective as it was pre 139.
Platinum Sword - Definitely haven't seen this yet. Would rather use Lionheart for 2H or Hidden Knife + Status proc for 2S
Shieldrender - Needs a graphic.
Ice Brand - I've seen this used a lot. Usually with Kaiser
Ultima Weapon - Noty
Excalibur - Definitely seen this used on Grand Cross units. Sucks that cursed ring makes this almost useless.
Kotetsu Knife - It's been used, but not to great effect.
Kikuichimonji - No clue
Masamune (trap) - ?
Thunder Rod - Mace of Zeus
Dragon Rod - Poison Rod 2H
White Staff - This weapon is so bad. 8 WP, Holy elemental, and casts Dia of all spells. Healing Staff is far superior
Glacier Gun - They've been used.
Blast Gun- They're just not as good as Ice and Lightning Bow.
Night Killer - Haven't seen it yet
Hunting Bow - Used to be used
Lightning Bow - Used to be used a lot
Mythril Spear - Terrible spec
Holy Lance - Same problems Excalibur has
Gokuu Rod - There's a really good unfaith/unfury team with this.
Persia -
Ryozan Silk =

Diamond Shield - Absorb Dark? lol

Genji Helmet (not sure if team using it is 139) - Probably only in early early 139
Focus Band - Is this the MP one? Haven't seen anyone use this either.

Looks like a team built specifically for Truelight's team. Didn't watch the 2nd round.
I like the idea of making a team just to counter another though.  None of my teams are good enough to request someone make a counter team though rip

Balanced Team vs Reflect (I think this is the reflect team I really like)
Betting on Anima since the Archer kind of neutralizes the range of reflect spells. Ninja could stand to lose Warpath and go with concentrate since the weapon combo serves mostly as an anti tank. Barren's 100% damage spells will definitely hurt tho.

Round 1 - Destroyed. Armor break on Barren's Priest made this unwinnable. No chance in tanking the archer or the ninja.

Round 2 - 70% Stop pre faith is OP. Stall and Hell Ivy landing were lucky though.

Round 3 - Small map, but great round from both sides imo. Too much anti tank damage going around.

GG. Anima's team makes me miss my first Arena team "The Wild"

Some day my people will be free.

Otabo

Quote from: Shintroy on May 01, 2015, 07:27:42 pm

Looks like a team built specifically for Truelight's team. Didn't watch the 2nd round.
I like the idea of making a team just to counter another though.  None of my teams are good enough to request someone make a counter team though rip

Not at all. I've been in Arena for way too long and made way too many teams to start doing something like that now. I just wanted to make some kind of anti-long range anti-elemental team and see what it can do. That, plus I don't have one. So quick to assume.

Oh, if anyone is recording anything anytime soon, could I get a match with Six-Nine Sweethearts and some other team of mine?

Anima Zero

Sheesh, there were so many crazy things happening in the first two rounds between my Ninja & Archer's critical hijinks (and another instant death proc from Odin), all the stop procs on my team in the 2nd round, then some general slaughter in the final round which resulted in me coming out on top.  Been real busy as of late, but I'll get around to making those changes Otabo & Shintroy suggest when I get a chance.  GG Barren!

silentkaster

Upon watching the match again, Otabo actually won due to evasion and disruption. This isn't a direct counter. Otabo usually carries lots of disruptive units and evasion is just helpful in general. If it was a direct counter, Otabo would have had a lot of high faith and brave units with innocent protection. And he certainly wouldn't have brought a summon magic support wizard, at least without innocent protection. Projectile guard is there for anti long range but probably specifically spell guns. This covers the elements that aren't otherwise covered, at least as far as those are concerned.

As far as nobody making teams that counter yours, it's not that your teams aren't good enough. It's just that I don't think anyone does that at all in Arena. There is a counter to just about every strategy so to make a team like that would just not really showcase skill, strategy, and for me anyway, just wouldn't be fun. What I will do, however, is see what many people (including you) are running and see if my general strategy or equips might be walled by the frequency of others equips and/or abilities. One example is giving my Yin Yang Chemist Zombie and Sleep. I see that most people do not carry undead protection, and all the Chemists are able to damage the undead with either Potions or Murasame. However, for those using Chakra Bands, which happen to protect against Undead, I gave Sleep also.

But yeah, Otabo wouldn't do that. I like his team. It's pretty strong and fairly unique.