• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:14:57 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Warder Sprite Thread

Started by Archael, November 20, 2008, 08:58:38 pm

LastingDawn

Our left, the foot looks a little incomplete. Also is it possible to give him Izlude like eyes? I expect Warder's to seem pretty determined.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

Izlude's eyes don't differ much, but sure, I will copy them directly. And I know what part you mean(on his leg), armor got in my way and that is why it looks like this, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Fixed his leg, copied Izlude's face, and did two more poses.

LastingDawn

Hmm, is it just me or in the left facing one is his face sticking out too far? I really like the front facing one, but my only real critique currently is that he looks too young. Is it possible to make him look a bit older? Perhaps some facial hair?

Art of War

Kagebunji

Hehe, I quess using 10 yo boy head MADE him look young. I had some trouble with choosing head and hair, so I took the boy and altered him. I can choose other head and hair, just gimme some time. Oh, and are you okay with a beard? Long one, like Simon's. It would give him more serious look plus he would look older and like a veteran soldier.

LastingDawn

A beard is perfectly fine. A Veteran Soldier is the preferred way for him to lool.

Art of War

Archael

shield

the whole point of this job and sprite is the shield

Kagebunji

Shield would be a pain in the ass on walking frames and damage-related one. There would be high possibility it would exceed the size one arm is permitted to have. Besides it would clash with weapons in-game(an if he were to use shield...oh g0d that would be hillarious). So forget about that shield, adding shields, swords etc makes sprite look bad.

Archael

you don't seem to understand... this job was my idea originally along with arbalist

Warders are always in defending stance

the arm shield is the point of this job, to always be defending and reduce all dmg by 25%

no shield = no warder = an entirely different concept

Kagebunji

So it practicaly needs five basic frames, dead, critical, and that is all? Lol

Archael

no it needs walking frames too, because they walk while moving

they just won't walk while standing, cuz they are in permanent defend status

Kagebunji

Bleh, I will continue with this sprite, if LD won't like it, it can always be some custom job. Adding a shield to a sprite is not sounding good to me for some reason, sorry.

scatttman

August 03, 2010, 06:11:15 pm #172 Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:27:21 pm by scatttman
so i used curu original sprite but for my taste it has little amount of colors so i merged with the shrine knight armor and added the shield i like how it looks i worked on the neck too
16 colors

Kagebunji

Yeah it looks cool, Curu did great job with her Warder. Blue is a bit dark, but it is not much of a issue. Good luck with rest of the sprite!

LastingDawn

Quote from: "scatttman"so i used curu original sprite but for my taste it has little amount of colors so i merged with the shrine knight armor and added the shield i like how it looks i worked on the neck too
16 colors

If the original concept can be carried forth than so be it. There's much room for custom jobs and custom characters, so that's no trouble.

Art of War

scatttman

i can work on this sprite but i need to know what sprite curu used as base btw yes blue is too dark but i was thinking to make it red anyways
i tryed to make it look like this guy

LastingDawn

A very nice picture, all of Curu's work was custom, if memory serves right. So you will likely not find any references.

Art of War

mav

Sprite looks good, just give him the angry eyes and remove that dark blue line on his shield. Honestly though, I'd prefer if he looked less like a shrine knight. Is there a way to make his face look fatter?

scatttman

ok i think you were right he looks a little too much like shrine knight i worked on that but the color amount change now it has 15 colors and tryed to de side view but doesnt turn out too well