• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Celdia

Took a closer look at it in Shishi and this is certainly another quality piece of work. Gotta love that jaunty feather in the cap. :D Almost wish it swayed or bounced while he walked.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

MiKeMiTchi

Looks great, could have fit better for a hunter if he wore some sort of a hood instead of a feathered hat. But, I already know what's coming so.... never mind. ;3
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jon

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Might as well show the idea I had today when looking for something inspiring to work on. A Big Lamia, I was looking at Marilith and had an idea of doing a fucking big Lamia, and this came to life :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Marilith! I fully approve of this idea. Now all you really need to do is give her two swords (forget having four arms, that would be... difficult) and we would basically have Marilith from FFI.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Jon

I can see the resemblance to Marilith, however she has 6 arms and hair, here's the one I mean: http://spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ffpsp/sheet/38481

(Middle of the sprite sheet)

Kagebunji

Oh damn, those are some nice quality sprites, Jon. I never actually saw these before. I might go with the idea of two swords, LD, plus I could change her Snake head into hair, if needed.

Vanya

I approve of this ass well! I always wanted to Have the Four Fiends as special bosses in my personal hack. Remember those recolors I did of the Hydra?

See "Tiamat" Palette on the bottom.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Jon

@Kage: Yeah I love how they always have new takes on the older games, don't really change too much but vastly improve the graphics. I'm hoping one day we'll see FF I in 3D and set to a harder difficulty...

@Vanya: Wow, that's pretty impressive! Could you though maybe make Tiamat bigger and fit it on a larger sprite sheet like the Zodiac beasts or is that impossible and too much work? You got any sprites of Lich, Marilith or the Kraken?? :mrgreen:

Kagebunji

Dome

Give him Limit Glove and we are set
Jk aside, awesome sprite

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

Is it possible to make the Adamantoise just a few pixels taller? Either way very nice! Its like the FFTA one but much better. :mrgreen:

LastingDawn

Adamantoise is looking pretty good!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Vanya

@Kage: Sweet. I love this direction you're going in.

@Jon: I don't have the time much these days to work on this stuff because I'm working most of the time stuff for my new company. It'll be about 6 month before I have any free time at all. But by all means, anyone that want's to use my recolors, go right ahead.
¯\(°_0)/¯

MiKeMiTchi

Quote from: LastingDawn on August 20, 2012, 02:21:07 pm
Adamantoise is looking pretty good!

Pretty much what I'm going to say. Looking forward to it, Kage!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Xifanie

The adamantoise is looking nice! The colours look so vivid to me though.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Dunno how i missed this, nice job as always Kage

Joseph Strife

The sword look great, epic job as always kage. :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Celdia

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 21, 2012, 10:05:38 pm
I love the large version of the tortoise.  Finish that.

This. That tortoise has gone from looking cute to looking goddamned dangerous.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0