• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:20 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CoP Progress Log, Suggestions & Bugs

Started by Kokojo, May 07, 2010, 08:33:37 am

Kokojo

May 07, 2010, 08:33:37 am Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:47:25 pm by Kokojo
Give me feedback about CoP/Report bugs here :-)

Known bugs:
- Lysay screams like a man. (Permanent bug)
- Lysay has the player name.  (nearly Permanent bug)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

Not mine

DarkxFatal
Record Storage

Archivist's name = Barinten. Please fix Kokobo.

*Edit1*
Prison Area

No music for fight.

*Edit2*

'Inside Riovanes' Fight

Puppeteer's Name = Rafa.

Spelling Errors (Allowed to put now)
Original Spelling/Correct Spelling

Medecine/Medicine
Vodoo/Voodoo

*Edit 3*

Formation Screen

1 Loot Chest had no items in it.

*Edit 4*
Final Battle with Lol.

'Allies or allies or no' = Grammatical error, does not compute, fix now

Smitson
Stone Clouds in 1,2,4. Jumping Cloud in 3. :) Two frozen Clouds in scene after 5.

Eternal248
MP Restore: "Restore HP when terminal". =P

EDIT: Screenshot of Stoned Cloud and the floating polygon of doom.

EDIT 2: Included 2 more screenshots of a minor text/graphic error.

Bloodafro
Just downloaded call of power patch, I patched correctly using ppf-o-matic, iso is very healthy (well at least healthy enough to run V1.3 patch and V1.3 easy patch almost flawlessly). Game always freezes after opening credits movie on a black screen.

I have the mac version of PCSX if that makes any difference.
thanks a bunch

The HiemLICH
Like I told you in the chat Koko I had a couple bugs.

The first is a consistent lag during certain abilities, one of which is the Knight's Headstrike. But that's no big deal to me.
The second is during the fight at Prison, and I'm not even sure if this is a bug or a glitch. One of the enemy Knights was able to assume a position which was on one of the walls, but he was tucked into the wall. It was almost as though an inaccessible spot became accessible. Or, maybe, it was always accessible. I truly have no idea.
And lastly, the biggest problem, black screen freeze after the fight with the Telepaths, Beserkers and Schaeffer. I assumed this was the end of Chp 1 and that was it, but to hear you say it wasn't it disheartening. I hope this info helps!

emulator: ePSXe

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

mav

I dunno if this a bug or oversight or just my imagination, but I believe in Cheetah's videos that Ilya is using the Flametongue staff, yet it has a lightning/shock proc. Should it be a burn proc, or did you do this on purpose?

StarScythe

Ive also encountered the bug involving a black screen of death after the movie. I am running psxfin on vista. Iso is the same one ive been running 1.3 off of for over a year with no problems

ffta707

I get that same bug. I finally got past it, but it quits later on. I have vista also. Try running psxfin in compatibility mode: right click > properties > compatibility > run this program in compatibility for... But in  my case, I just got Epsxe.

BobLoblaw

running PSXfin on Win7 and get the black screen of death.  Tried compatibility mode and no luck.  Any suggestions?  No luck with epsxe either.

ffta707

Quote from: "BobLoblaw"running PSXfin on Win7 and get the black screen of death.  Tried compatibility mode and no luck.  Any suggestions?  No luck with epsxe either.

No luck with epsxe either? I haven't tried on epsxe. I'm wondering if anyone else with x64 operating systems is having this problem.

Gotwald

Shock says lightning, but is absorbed by the fire rod.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Jaakl

I get the black screen of death, any solutions for this?

Dome

Quote from: "Jaakl"I get the black screen of death, any solutions for this?
Tell us more

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jaakl

Is the same thing that happens to everyone, but my problem is that I have windows XP and after the intro movie, the screen goes to black and it never comes back. I use psxfin 1.13. Any solutions?

Kokojo

epsxe should work right. I don't know what causes the problem.

dinosaur

Hi Kokojo,

Not sure if anyone put a YouTube of the black screen of death. I had it recorded so I uploaded it anyways.

Then I thought maybe I could help with sprite editor, NOPE. I have a MAC. So then I though maybe I could finally learn to code games, NOPE. I have a MAC.

I guess I am really limited on how I can help the community. I will continue finding out ways....

ffta707

PSX always gave me the black screen of death. That is why I switched to ePSXe.

bloodafro

Yo kokojo, I too get the black screen of death.  I have a MAC and am running PCSX.  Oh, and I can't access the forum link in your signature and it said to notify the forum so here goes... I'm notifying you
: ) :more:
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Kokojo

Hahaha thanks. Il fix the link soon.

I still have no idea what causes the black screen of death. Would you mind trying out epsxe and telling me how it goes from there?

Kagebunji

When I played CoP, I used Epsxe and everything worked flawlesly.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

bloodafro

I will try but, I've never really been able to get epsxe to work.  I shall try again though sir for you and for the game.  I'm so anxious to play it!!!!!
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!