• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:27 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] If you ever want to help

Started by Kokojo, May 09, 2011, 06:20:37 pm

Kokojo

May 09, 2011, 06:20:37 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:06:39 am by Kokojo
Here is the things you could help with if you ever want to!

Coding:
Event editing, event conditionnals. If you're experienced, I want you!

Sprites:I need new sprites, the more I get, the better it is. The most important work is finish the Gospel Sprite.

Balance(FFTpatcher work): I am not so good with this. Comments and tests appreciated.

FFtext (I need help with the names of items, descriptions, a lot are missing): A lot of work but it helps SO much. Correcting my errors and stat errors that are not explained properly, ect.

Graphics: That's working with TILEmolester. Making new icons, changing the map title names (just before the battle, after the formation screen).

Battletesting: Not really needed...

Script : I've got that mostly covered.

I also need help with organisating my FFtpatcher, if someone wants to do that. It's renaming every ability to their CoP counterpart so I can work faster :P It's basicly 3-4 hours of strategic copy pasting. It would speed up my CoP work by at least 15 minutes for each hour I spend on it.

Job tree (I forgot to make one! I would like a detailled one with pictures and ect!)

There. More info will be given if you want me to ^:D
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Wiz

You know I'm here for ya!

Will look at dialogue starting tomorrow :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DaveSW

I can run any numbers you want and work on balancing the game the way you want it.

I love stuff like this.
I am awesome.

GeneralStrife

Already discussed at least one sprite. If I can get the info for all the jobs etc, I may be able to make you a spiffy pic of the Job Tree

Pride

As said in chat, I'll help with battle conditions, and I can help you make the game go to the world map for some shopping if you ever wanted it to, and possible events.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

GeneralStrife

Attached is my job tree submission. Up to you to use it. I think I failed hard TBH.

Kokojo

GS, this is good, but if you wouldl't mind adding the sprites, it would be cool. Il keep this version in case, Thanks.

Dave, if you could do a playtrought (or just take CoP's fftpatch) and tell me what abilities you think needs balance, it would be great.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

GeneralStrife

I think I can manage that, maybe even redo the whole thing.

DaveSW

I'm on it...  Ajora willing, I should have time to do this at night.
I am awesome.