• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Patcher

Started by rayadolphus, January 21, 2008, 08:50:47 pm

rayadolphus

January 21, 2008, 08:50:47 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by rayadolphus
I am really excited it looks like fun to use
nut i have no idea how to get it to work on my psp
help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(  :(  :(

Zozma

January 21, 2008, 09:41:34 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
about the fft patcher, in the bottom of the ENTD editing menu theres a section for unknown values in 3 rows... on the first row 3rd from the left
is the value for which direction the character is facing on the map! i assume its 0-3 since there are 4 directions to face. maybe you guys already knew that but i thought id post it anyway.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

melonhead

January 22, 2008, 08:04:06 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Zozma"about the fft patcher, in the bottom of the ENTD editing menu theres a section for unknown values in 3 rows... on the first row 3rd from the left
is the value for which direction the character is facing on the map! i assume its 0-3 since there are 4 directions to face. maybe you guys already knew that but i thought id post it anyway.

This is known and will be changed in the next version.

VincentCraven

January 23, 2008, 05:59:05 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "melonhead"This is known and will be changed in the next version.
=o
Good good. This should make things easier.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zozma

February 24, 2008, 01:50:08 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
here is another one, the box ive circled is checked for skills like truth and un truth where even if the skill hits an empty panel it still shows the spell gfx.
with this checked any spell will still show its gfx even if there is no target on the selected panels...

melonhead

February 24, 2008, 10:43:02 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Zozma"here is another one, the box ive circled is checked for skills like truth and un truth where even if the skill hits an empty panel it still shows the spell gfx.
with this checked any spell will still show its gfx even if there is no target on the selected panels...

Awesome!

Xifanie

February 24, 2008, 11:05:39 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Woot, nice. =D
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

trickstardude7

February 24, 2008, 01:06:44 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
nice find!

Zozma

February 24, 2008, 08:37:27 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i've got a question... i wan't to make the 4 divine swordskills able to hit monsters... without taking away their ability to destroy the equipment... how do i go about this? ive tried changing the formula to 25 which is the knights break... it works but it will not display the sword skill gfx it just shows a long distance slash.... i want the real deal without having to add a non break skill to the set or take away the gfx... anyone know this one?

Xifanie

February 24, 2008, 09:33:44 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Sadly we don't have the power yet to modify formulas so it's out of the question. But I'm actually surprised, during all my tests it never happened to me that the gfx was not shown because of the formula.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Cheetah

February 25, 2008, 02:25:12 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I believe I read somewhere that in the PSP version these skills do hit monsters and units without the targeted peice of armor. I'm not sure if that helps or not.
Current Projects:

Zozma

February 25, 2008, 06:42:18 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
ah well... im sure ill do something with them

anyway.. more to add to the jobs section

3A= Celia (this empty job slot uses her second identical sprite)
sprite names: H83.spr and Seria.spr

3B= Lede  (this one also uses a second identical sprite)
sprite names: Arufu.spr and Ledy.spr

-------unused sprites----------------
5D= (this uses the Dami.spr if used as a job)
5E and 5F (use kasanek.spr and kasanem.spr an unfinished cloud and an unfinished priest. sadly they did not leave the entire sprite size sigh...)
----------------------------------------
but what the heck? 5D is the mime job as well how would one go about getting use of the Dami sprite with its own job attached? and for that matter how would i go about creating a job where a character looked like a mime permenantly without being a mime or without any glitchy side effects? i hope theres a way or will be...?

LastingDawn

February 27, 2008, 01:45:17 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Unfinished Cloud and Priest eh? Mind if you could show us a few pics of what you are speaking of?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

February 27, 2008, 09:48:17 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i donno what they were for, and i don't have the right palette for the priest there so i used olans but the guy most likely has black hair or dark brown.

as for all the crap around them? i donno maybe something to do with compression?

Cheetah

February 27, 2008, 11:14:31 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Hmm I see it says "magician", I haven't ever seen anyone attempt to get those things to actually show anything. Cloud looks exactly the same as far as I can tell. But the Magician looks mildly unique, it might be worth putting some effort into making him a little bit more functional looking. The bit at the button looks like it is just a little bit out of phase.
Current Projects:

Zozma

February 28, 2008, 12:35:39 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
to be honest i think the best thing to do is take simons outfit and use that head with the matching portrait. based on the existing portrait id say you could create the proper color palette for it. simon's appears to be the closest matching of the high priest type outfits. is it worth taking one of the sprite slots? who knows... no one probably notices these two sprites because the actually dont have a color palette at all but anyway... aside from that the sprite files aren't quite the full size of a full battle sprite, more than the commoners and mourners but still not everything.

Laheri

February 28, 2008, 06:59:01 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Laheri
I think i heard somewhere that in the Japanese version you could become a Magician or Sorceror or something once you mastered all the magic classes, but was dropped in the USA version, maybe this is a leftover sprite from that ?

Xifanie

February 28, 2008, 11:26:44 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Wrong, it doesn't exist at all.

karsten

February 28, 2008, 11:40:50 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
how comes that there are garbled parts in the sprite?! there is yet another compressed part in it?

also, that unused magician sprite can be used for characters? if so i can add myself as a special character without deleting old ones?

melonhead

February 28, 2008, 03:24:01 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "karsten"how comes that there are garbled parts in the sprite?! there is yet another compressed part in it?
This is because in KASANEK and KASANEM, the compressed data starts at a different position than in every other file.
The Sprite Manager assumes that all data before a certain point in the file is uncompressed, so that's why some of it looks like garbage. I attached images showing what it would look like if KASANEK and KASANEM were handled properly.
There are no plans to add special support for those two files, simply because they are inaccessible in game. The readme for the sprite manager says that they are not supported fully, but you went ahead and tried to do it anyway :)